Trouba trade looks better everyday for the jets

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Trouba didn't want to be here anyway I didn't want him.

For example, after Columbus lost Panarin and Bobrovsky, when Foligno stepped up and said, 'We only want players who want to play for Columbus.' Foligno showed how amazing of a captain he is, you also see him being kind to every teammate who walks into the Blue Jackets dressing room, plus he's changed that franchise in no way any franchise player ever could do so, and he isn't star talent entirely, but he's been an amazing leader for them. But he is the example of why you want people who want to be there, thus making me happy why Trouba is gone.
Foligno needs to be proud of columbus because he is a fringe 4th liner on about 10 teams right now and no way anyone else in the NHL is putting a letter on him. He is making the most of what he got which is awesome but acting like he has options like bob and bread do and did is just silly.

Reactions: haveandare

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Eh I’m still very happy with it and would do it again.

Pionk and Heinola playing well consistently isn’t something you can count on yet imo.

Reactions: Thordic

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We won the trade because we got Donnie

D9TU9EyX4AA1B_u.jpg

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
He is currently on a ppg. This wasn't hard to understand. You are splitting hairs for splitting hairs sake and its extra pathetic.

The Jets never traded a PPG defenseman. He was never a PPG defenseman on that team. I mean, 50pts in 82 games is not point per game. Unless the rules have changed then pardon me, I am mistaken.

What he became on the NYR has no relevancy to what he was on the Jets.

Reactions: Hulide and dood

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
The thing is, Trouba wanted out, not only out of Winnipeg or out of Canada...he wanted out of any team but one based in New York. If the Jets had offered him a contract making him the highest paid defenseman in the NHL, he still wouldn't have signed it.

So, given that he was leaving, no matter what, the question becomes how good are Pionk and Heinola? Pionk appears to be anywhere from average to slightly above average, and the jury is still out on Heinola, but he has potential to be well above average. Give it a couple of years before we say who "won" the trade.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
Donnie is everyone's pet. He looks out for all of us.
So that's how you get nearly 100k posts on a hockey forum, with meaningless of-topic drivel.

Good to know.

I think Trouba is working out great for the Rangers and anyone bringing up the "you paid THIS MUCH for Trouba? HAHAHA" argument is really oblivious to current contract situations. At the end of the year his contract is going to look fine, 2 years from now it will be a steal.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Pionk is terrible defensively.

Trouba is putting up points and playing 27 minutes of shut down defense each game. They arent remotely comparable.

And Trouba is putting up points with garbage teammates. Pionk is putting up points with a slew of all stars on that team.

I do that trade 100% of the time.

Reactions: egelband and Lurch

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
The Rangers have a compulsion to sign big names... it's bizarre and has not served them well. Trouba and Bread are both great players and the Rangers will be improved by mid season is my guess.

All that said they jumped in the deep end too soon... should have waited a year or even two for the youth develop before bringing in the big money FA's.

My two cents.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
The Jets never traded a PPG defenseman. He was never a PPG defenseman on that team. I mean, 50pts in 82 games is not point per game. Unless the rules have changed then pardon me, I am mistaken.

What he became on the NYR has no relevancy to what he was on the Jets.
So if crosby goes tot he devils and cant produce he isnt a PPG player any more. He just sucks. And its not the way he is being used. Got it. SOme super sound logic. You are a very respectable poster. Glad you are a part of HF.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
So if crosby goes tot he devils and cant produce he isnt a PPG player any more. He just sucks. And its not the way he is being used. Got it. SOme super sound logic. You are a very respectable poster. Glad you are a part of HF.

Trouba is not a ppg defenseman though. You dont define a player by the first ten
games of the season

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Well, if Crosby goes to the Devils and doesn't score a point per game then I think most objective participants on this message board would agree that he is indeed "not" a point per game player by definition.

I noticed you added in "He just sucks" to your reply...which is moving the goal posts a little. Nobody would say he sucks, but that perhaps that he just doesn't happen to score a point every time he plays a game.

Reactions: dood and irunthepeg

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Pionk is terrible defensively.

Trouba is putting up points and playing 27 minutes of shut down defense each game. They arent remotely comparable.

And Trouba is putting up points with garbage teammates. Pionk is putting up points with a slew of all stars on that team.

I do that trade 100% of the time.
Breadman garbage got it.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Exactly. getting rid of point per game right handed defenders for scraps is always a solid play. You sir are very logical and have a suburb hockey mind. I must ask however how you have avoided being given a GM job so far?
I love how Trouba is a 'PPG right handed defender' and pionk is 'scraps' when both players have the same number of points and are playing on their teams top pairings :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad