Do it then.

200w.gif

Reactions: Oseductive

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Patience, young one. We need to find someone to flush Callahan onto. Or get Dorion to ease up on finding a third team to dump Ryan onto.

We can take your dumps. :thumbu:
Get your mind out of the gutter! :skeptic:

There's probably way to much moving parts for Karlsson to be moved to a team that won't take Ryan. I can't see Dorion Melnyk budging on that one.

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
We can take your dumps. :thumbu:
Get your mind out of the gutter! :skeptic:

There's probably way to much moving parts for Karlsson to be moved to a team that won't take Ryan. I can't see Dorion Melnyk budging on that one.
...Interesting. Winnipeg does have the most salary cap available.

Don't see them getting involved. Why would they want to help a potential Stanley Cup final opponent? Only makes sense if they were getting Foote or another top prospect for their involvement.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
...Interesting. Winnipeg does have the most salary cap available.

Don't see them getting involved. Why would they want to help a potential Stanley Cup final opponent? Only makes sense if they were getting Foote or another top prospect for their involvement.

If Trouba stays we can't take your dumps. Trouba has to go for us to take your dumps.

Alan Wake

Dec 14, 2017
If Trouba stays we can't take your dumps. Trouba has to go for us to take your dumps.
Fair enough. I think NJ or the Rangers are the likely candidate to take our dump. Didn't think about Winnipeg as a potential partner to help out though.

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
haha oh man you are ridiculous.
She explicitly stated how many years of school she had left it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to read between the lines. And she's not his girlfriend, she's his fiancee, again try and keep up. I posted where he owns his off summer home, because its where he owns his off summer home. Jesus it's not hard to figure out buddy, just because you can't grasp it doesn't mean no one else is. Our history with Trouba is well documented. And we know it far better then you do obviously. You have zero credibility in this discussion, you've proven that. But again keep walking into that field of **** rather then turning around and walking the other way. Bottom line is Yzerman has some leverage to discuss a deal with Trouba, more leverage than we have. Anyone with half a brain cell has figured that out, you are the only person in the world arguing the contrary.

Wow.

Reactions: north49er

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well it's not going to be great to trade him away. This is an area where both sides can likely get the best bang for their buck. Very few teams will take on a Trouba they have to pay $8mil a year for. At least in the case of Tampa and Florida they can easily shave a few million off the top as they have leverage. Though Florida just doesn't have anything I really want.

Don't know why you keep talking about paying Trouba 8 mil. Winnipeg isn't going to pay 8. If anything TBLuses their tax advantage to get him for less. 7 years in Tampa for 6.5, 7 tops. Trouba is not a UFA.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
A 20 year old defencemen that just scored 40 points in 79 games is a maybe? I will concede that a good chunk of his production came on the PP but he put up similar production as Trouba has at ES. If you compare their 20 year old seasons they are tracking at the same production. Plus Sergachev can QB a PP much better than Trouba can.
Yes, he can put up points on the PP, which he wouldn't be doing in Winnipeg. He's also not as good defensively as Trouba in a heavily sheltered position. I don't see the incentive for the Jets to downgrade.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Right now i'm not sure if SFY is willing to deal Sergachev for Karlsson, Let alone deal him for Trouba. What makes you think that Trouba wants to play in Florida if he leaves Winnipeg. I see him coming home to Detroit like Shatty did with the Rangers Trouba trains in the offseason in Detroit. That should tell you something right there.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Right now i'm not sure if SFY is willing to deal Sergachev for Karlsson, Let alone deal him for Trouba. What makes you think that Trouba wants to play in Florida if he leaves Winnipeg. I see him coming home to Detroit like Shatty did with the Rangers Trouba trains in the offseason in Detroit. That should tell you something right there.

He lives there during the off season. His fiancee also lives there. He also just bought a $1.6 mil condo there as well. For all intents and purposes Trouba likely considers Florida home over Michigan now.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
He lives there during the off season. His fiancee also lives there. He also just bought a $1.6 mil condo there as well. For all intents and purposes Trouba likely considers Florida home over Michigan now.
He spends quite a bit of time in Michigan as well, My Nephew runs a bar in Trouba's hometown of Rochester, Michigan and Trouba comes in there at least 10 times during the summer months or more Trouba was friends with my Nephew Mark.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He spends quite a bit of time in Michigan as well, My Nephew runs a bar in Trouba's hometown of Rochester, Michigan and Trouba comes in there at least 10 times during the summer months or more Trouba was friends with my Nephew Mark.

His fiancee is also from Michigan so he may be okay with playing there. I'd want Larkin though and that's probably a non-starter for you guys.

Alan Wake

Dec 14, 2017
What incentive do the Rangers get for taking Callahan's salary?
They get Tampa's 2019 first round pick if they win the Stanley Cup this year. Pretty good incentive to get an extra pick for taking a cap dump that only has two years left. Not to mention the extra assets they would reap by taking that cap dump.

I'm aware that they would still need to win the cup. But it is a lot easier to win a cup with Erik Karlsson added to your group than without, wouldn't you say? If the only impact player we lost from our current roster was Sergachev.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
His fiancee is also from Michigan so he may be okay with playing there. I'd want Larkin though and that's probably a non-starter for you guys.
His fiancee is Australian i believe they met while both were attending the University of Michigan if i'm not mistaken. I know she got her BS degree there not sure if she really has any ties to the area though.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Personally, I'd rather have Sergachev on a controlled contract for 2 more years than Trouba at his asking price. I don't doubt that Tampa would gain a better two-way player now. I personally think Sergachev has all the tools to be a #1D in this league. He's going to need a couple seasons to work on his game.

Reactions: AndreRoy

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What incentive do the Rangers get for taking Callahan's salary?

Really thought about this before all the NYR rumors were squashed. There really is not too much incentive. Since he is still a very effective player, and this is not David Clarkson or a David Bolland type situation. This is why Callahan likely stays put for now, until next summer. Yzerman is not an idiot and is not going to move a player who still has some value to the team and cost them picks or a prospect just to move him. The Karlsson bit can be resolved this season by moving just Coburn for now and then worry about the other contracts like his next season. I also think Yzerman wants to keep him for another playoff run, since he showed up throughout the playoffs, especially the ECF , and actually gave a shit.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Jets downgrade at D, take on a capdump so we still have cap problems. All for an incredibly late first round pick?

Garbage

You're ignoring the opening premise. This is only if Trouba won't sign long term in Wpg.

The cap dump is gone in 2 years and could be cheaply bought out after 1.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Yeah it might be hard to pry him out of there. Especially if they think he is a RD for life. A package around Foote wouldn't be bad but it would have to be a lot more than Foote and at that point we'd probably ask for Stralman back I'd imagine. Not sure if he'd be available.

I think he would be. Only a year left on his contract and I’m not sure we’re planning on bringing him back anyway.

The bigger problem for us would be clearing the longterm cap space to afford Trouba without losing any of our core. Basically everybody who can be moved to clear cap space already has that cap space allocated to afford new contracts for Kuch, Point, Serg, and Vasilevskiy. To make room for Trouba without losing one of those guys we’d have to move at least one of Killorn or Johnson - which we’d be willing to do, but they both have full NTCs which makes things difficult. Another possibility would be McDonagh, who has a limited NTC next season before his new contract and full NTC kick in, but he just signed with us so I’m not sure how likely that would be.

All that said, unlike Karlsson Trouba is a young player who would be a valuable member of our top four for years to come (he’s also likely to have a much more reasonable cap hit), and unlike Ottawa the Jets are a damn good team that players with NTCs might be willing to waive to go to. So as long as you’d be willing to accept a nice package deal that doesn’t include Serg AND we can convince one of Killorn, Johnson, or McDonagh to agree to a trade (whether to your team or elsewhere) I think there’s a deal that could be made here.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
They get Tampa's 2019 first round pick if they win the Stanley Cup this year. Pretty good incentive to get an extra pick for taking a cap dump that only has two years left. Not to mention the extra assets they would reap by taking that cap dump.

I'm aware that they would still need to win the cup. But it is a lot easier to win a cup with Erik Karlsson added to your group than without, wouldn't you say? If the only impact player we lost from our current roster was Sergachev.

The incentive being.....what pick/prospect/assets to take Cally's salary.
What would be the reasonable offer?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad