Value of: Trouba to Tampa Bay

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Again, not talking about the quality of player. I'm just pointing out that you can't read too much into one seasons production while facing sheltered competition. FWIW Trouba faced tougher competition and put up higher 5v5 P/60 at the same age and he's developed really well. I'm just cautioning you against reading in to much much from 1 season. Sergachev still has a lot of developing to do to keep pace let alone catch up to Trouba.

True but there really isn't any better guys to go after. Sergachev is about as good as it gets when you factor in age. We Aren't getting a top 6 C from anyone so we can shut that idea down before it even begins to manifest.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
But he's not the 1D, not in minutes or quality of competition.

Buff can still end up with slightly more ice time but that's mainly because he stretches his shifts out. Trouba gets more shifts per game and faces the tougher competition.

troubja94

troubja94

byfugdu85
byfugdu85

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Buff can still end up with slightly more ice time but that's mainly because he stretches his shifts out. Trouba gets more shifts per game and faces the tougher competition, and produces more with less time with the top line.

troubja94

byfugdu85

I'm not seeing the images you posted just has IMG tags.

Edit: There they are. What it look like for playoffs?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
He's also a LD stuck behind a #1 he is not likely to surpass in Hedman and a #2 they just signed in McDonagh that will also be hard to surpass in the short term. If they keep Sergachev they are much stronger on their left side by quite a bit. If they add Trouba they replace Girardi in their top 4 with a much better and younger player that can play with Hedman long term. Really the ideal partner for Hedman as well.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Sergachev can also play the right side.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Correct me if I'm wrong but Sergachev can also play the right side.

He can but so can a lot of guys. It's not an ideal situation for anyone though. I'd say 99% of defenders would rather be playing on their hand side then not.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
He can but so can a lot of guys. It's not an ideal situation for anyone though. I'd say 99% of defenders would rather be playing on their hand side then not.
I still dont think Tampa would do the first one just because of how valuable that ELC is to their cap situation.

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
It wasn't hard to figure out. Trouba's wikipedia page has her name and that they just recently got engaged. I googled her name and up pops her twitter account. Where she says she lives in Fort Lauderdale and in December she tweeted out "Officially finished 1 out of 8 years. 1/8th of the Way to being a doctor." One can only reasonably assume then that she is going to school in Fort Lauderdale where she is studying to become a Doctor and has 7 years left of school. Given that Trouba just bought a condo there I'd imagine they want to be there for some time.

If you don't want anyone to know about your personal life, then it shouldn't be pasted all over the internet.

Not everyone transfers to finish schooling. Many stay in the same place. Newsflash "insert snarky comment here".

I'm not even going to comment on the Jets "screwing him over" because it has no basis in reality.

Other than that a lot of Tampa fans see fair value there. So I agree to disagree.

That's Google Stalking. Keep that shit out of here.

Newsflash:
1) Premed is at least 3 years.
2) Medical school is 4 years.
3) Residency is 3 to 7 years

Most people move between one or more of those stages.

Do you even have any idea where his fiancée is in her schooling?

Chevy play hardball with Trouba during previous contract negotiations. He was initially forced to play on his off side with one of the worst defense of partners in the NHL (Mark Stuart). He was given almost no power play time. Winnipeg is the coldest, smallest, least cosmopolitan city in the NHL besides Edmonton (though I'll admit that the past few days have felt like Hawaii). Trouba got screwed when he was drafted by the Jets.

Yzerman has had to jump through hoops over the past few years in order to keep his most important players signed in a cap-restricted league. I haven't read through the rest of this thread, but if any Tampa Bay fans think this is a good deal for their team they haven't thought through things carefully.

Reactions: AndreRoy

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
That's Google Stalking. Keep that **** out of here.

Newsflash:
1) Premed is at least 3 years.
2) Medical school is 4 years.
3) Residency is 3 to 7 years

Most people move between one or more of those stages.

Do you even have any idea where his fiancée is in her schooling?

Chevy play hardball with Trouba during previous contract negotiations. He was initially forced to play on his off side with one of the worst defense of partners in the NHL (Mark Stuart). He was given almost no power play time. Winnipeg is the coldest, smallest, least cosmopolitan city in the NHL besides Edmonton (though I'll admit that the past few days have felt like Hawaii). Trouba got screwed when he was drafted by the Jets.

Yzerman has had to jump through hoops over the past few years in order to keep his most important players signed in a cap-restricted league. I haven't read through the rest of this thread, but if any Tampa Bay fans think this is a good deal for their team they haven't thought through things carefully.

She's in the first of what she considers to be 8 years obviously. It's not to hard to figure things out when people post them on the internet.

He never played his off side with Stuart, Stuart is a lefty. He played is off side with Byfuglien. Maybe it's you who should do some homework before spouting off about something you obviously have zero idea about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luc Labelle

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
She's in the first of what she considers to be 8 years obviously. It's not to hard to figure things out when people post them on the internet.

He never played his off side with Stuart, Stuart is a lefty. He played is off side with Byfuglien. Maybe it's you who should do some homework before spouting off about something you obviously have zero idea about.

You have no f***ing idea where Trouba's girlfriend is in her schooling and you have no f***ing idea where Sergachev has played over the years and you say *I* "should do homework before spouting off"? Whatever you say, Inspector Columbo. :rolleyes:

Reactions: JetsHomer

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
You have no ****ing idea where Trouba's girlfriend is in her schooling and you have no ****ing idea where Sergachev has played over the years and you say *I* "should do homework before spouting off"? Whatever you say, Inspector Columbo. :rolleyes:

Yes I do she posted it on her twitter. Try to keep up bud. I know the conversation is moving at a few posts an hour but if you try you can do it! :D

Back when Sergachev was on Windsor he often played with Chatfield. Chatfield played the right side and Sergachev played the left. He may prefer to play there but it isn't where he played his last year in Windsor. At least when he wasn't on the PP.

You obviously have no real clue about the Trouba situation. If you did you would know that he played his offside time with Buff and played the right side with Stuart. But you have shown you have zero credibility when it comes to anything concerning the Jets now. So have a nice day there Dick Tracy.

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
Yes I do she posted it on her twitter. Try to keep up bud. I know the conversation is moving at a few posts an hour but if you try you can do it! :D

Back when Sergachev was on Windsor he often played with Chatfield. Chatfield played the right side and Sergachev played the left. He may prefer to play there but it isn't where he played his last year in Windsor. At least when he wasn't on the PP.

You obviously have no real clue about the Trouba situation. If you did you would know that he played his offside time with Buff and played the right side with Stuart. But you have shown you have zero credibility when it comes to anything concerning the Jets now. So have a nice day there Dick Tracy.

I'm trying to help you. When you walk into a field of shit do you back up and walk around or do you just keep going? Your call.

You've tried to play Columbo stalking Trouba's girlfriend online and posted to HFBoards your fan fiction that she's going to school for 7 more years taking something you have no clue about. You posted exactly where Trouba owns a condo. You put 2 + 2 together to make 69 and figure Yzerman now can bend Trouba over because you solved The Fort Lauderdale Mystery.

Please carry on. I'll be back from the BDI in a few minutes and will be anxiously awaiting your next pratfall.

:popcorn:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
You have no ****ing idea where Trouba's girlfriend is in her schooling and you have no ****ing idea where Sergachev has played over the years and you say *I* "should do homework before spouting off"? Whatever you say, Inspector Columbo. :rolleyes:
She's in her first year of med school. This information is widely known, and available through a cursory search on the internet.

Unless Trouba is on a team in Florida, or maybe Carolina, I really doubt he'll see her much more on another team than Winnipeg. Players don't really have time during the season to travel for personal activities, except at the all star break and the bye week.

So, if Trouba can't get to Florida, I doubt he has a huge preference over Winnipeg. With Winnipeg he's now a top pairing D on a team that looks like a cup contender for the rest of his prime.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm trying to help you. When you walk into a field of **** do you back up and walk around or do you just keep going? Your call.

You've tried to play Columbo stalking Trouba's girlfriend online and posted to HFBoards your fan fiction that she's going to school for 7 more years taking something you have no clue about. You posted exactly where Trouba owns a condo. You put 2 + 2 together to make 69 and figure Yzerman now can bend Trouba over because you solved The Fort Lauderdale Mystery.

Please carry on. I'll be back from the BDI in a few minutes and will be anxiously awaiting your next pratfall.

:popcorn:

haha oh man you are ridiculous.
She explicitly stated how many years of school she had left it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to read between the lines. And she's not his girlfriend, she's his fiancee, again try and keep up. I posted where he owns his off summer home, because its where he owns his off summer home. Jesus it's not hard to figure out buddy, just because you can't grasp it doesn't mean no one else is. Our history with Trouba is well documented. And we know it far better then you do obviously. You have zero credibility in this discussion, you've proven that. But again keep walking into that field of shit rather then turning around and walking the other way. Bottom line is Yzerman has some leverage to discuss a deal with Trouba, more leverage than we have. Anyone with half a brain cell has figured that out, you are the only person in the world arguing the contrary.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
She's in her first year of med school. This information is widely known, and available through a cursory search on the internet.

Unless Trouba is on a team in Florida, or maybe Carolina, I really doubt he'll see her much more on another team than Winnipeg. Players don't really have time during the season to travel for personal activities, except at the all star break and the bye week.

So, if Trouba can't get to Florida, I doubt he has a huge preference over Winnipeg. With Winnipeg he's now a top pairing D on a team that looks like a cup contender for the rest of his prime.

He's clearly talking out of his ass about something he has zero ability to comprehend. He knows literally nothing about Trouba and apparently taking information directly from his fiancee's public twitter account is against his morale fiber or some such non-sense. If they didn't want it read about they wouldn't post it publicly on the internet. Apparently using the search function on his browser is something he isn't comfortable with. You can't speculate with people like this because they have no idea what's going on unless it comes out of Bob McKenzies mouth.

"It's not true because I didn't know about it!"

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
All the more reason for Tampa to not do the first one.

Yeah it might be hard to pry him out of there. Especially if they think he is a RD for life. A package around Foote wouldn't be bad but it would have to be a lot more than Foote and at that point we'd probably ask for Stralman back I'd imagine. Not sure if he'd be available.

Reactions: 780il

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
& pay 8.5 million over 4 years for the priviledge.

We'd probably buy out Callahan. I do agree it goes against what the Jets usually do. Pay real dollars for someone not on the roster. But it allows us to sign pretty much everyone we need to for longer term contracts.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Glad to see his fiancee is going to be a doctor cuz he always seems to need one......

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
So roughly the same package that could get Karlsson (if Yzerman actually offered Sergachev) for Trouba?

No thanks. We'll get Karlsson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad