Confirmed with Link: Trouba to be named Captain as per Kevin Weekes

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
For visualization purposes of the C on his uni.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220809-141113_NHL.jpg
    Screenshot_20220809-141113_NHL.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 15

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I have no problem with the locker room deferring to Trouba as captain. My concern is the long term build of the team. Trouba was my #1 candidate to be moved in the next 2 seasons for very much needed cap relief. Now I have to question whether management is planning to go that route. My concern now lies in how are we possibly going to keep players like Lafreniere and Miller in the long term if the plan is to not try getting rid of Trouba in the next 2 years.

There is (and was) zero chance Trouba would waive his NMC before summer 2024. Zero. Real chance at a cup, where he wants to be, where his wife wants to be. Completely immovable object.

This isn’t a waiver eligible McDonagh with no NMC.

We are going to be paying Lafreniere and Miller monster contracts 3-10 years from now. That’s the future.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Have a tough time believing he'd wear gloves.
I'm vacillating. On one hand, he'd want to have direct contact. On the other, it's a holy grail piece for him, and he wouldn't want to taint it.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Was this one of the longest stretches a franchise hadn't had a captain?

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Like I said, I'm fine with Trouba but here's the thing I don't want

C- Trouba
A- Kreider
A- Zibanejad
A- Panarin
A- Goodrow
A- Fox
A- Trocheck
A- Shesterkin
A- Gallant
A- Strome
A- Jagr
A- Fitzy
A- Zamboni Guy

Just Kreider and Zibanejad.
Nope...take Zibs out and add Lindgren our purest and most honest warrior ......and who should wear the C when Trouba is out hurt . He is in the Gallant mold of being FEARLESS !

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
These aren't the guys you should be worried about.

They'll be able to keep them both. Its the Chytil/Kakko/Goodrow/Kravtsov/Lindgren group that is likely going to be sacrificed.
Lindgren has joined the primary core by now

They have to live in New Jersey.
Woah woah woah. A very good portion of NYR fans are from NJ, myself included. North jersey is very nice. I’m not even kidding but I see just as many Ranger fans in my county as Devils+Isles fans

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I cant tell if this is sarcasm or not.
It's real IMO.....Laf does look like a goof a lot of times.....would be nice to see some more man upping take place.....kind of what plagues the Blue Jays these days.....I'm rooting for Trouba to lay somebody out in Game 1 and then for our A who is on the ice to step up and grab the first guy that darts for Trouba....that is what this team is missing....a Gallant like identity . p***yes be gone !!! :hit:

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Wrong sums it up.

They didn't name him captain to pump up his trade value. He will be here for a long time. Management always has a 3-5 year view and he wouldn’t have been named captain if he was going to be a salary cap casualty.
Bobbop....do you think Turk had more say in this then Drury did ?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I don't understand why Devil fans are so angry.

Trouba hasn't caught Hughes... yet.
i don't think Trouba would ever be able to catch Hughes but if he ever did ... all that would remain is a red mist lol.
But its kind of like Trouba's slaphshot. If it were ever on target it would be dangerous, but it never is

Reactions: leetch99

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
i don't think Trouba would ever be able to catch Hughes but if he ever did ... all that would remain is a red mist lol.
But its kind of like Trouba's slaphshot. If it were ever on target it would be dangerous, but it never is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad