Confirmed with Link: Trouba to be named Captain as per Kevin Weekes

NYBaselRanger

Jul 18, 2021
i haven`t read all sites so maybe someone else may have wrote it before.

Now Trouba knows that he will be traded within the next two years. He can ask Cally and McDonaugh.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Quick turnaround for Trouba. In preseason, he came in and said to the media that it just feels different under Gallant. Something is tangibly different already just in camp. The professionalism, the preparedness, the big boy mentality. Really shows you can't grow without a good coach and a good winning environment. Even an older guy like Trouba was stifled for 2 years under Quinn. He was a very underrated player in the 1st half. I remember calling him our MVP aside from Shesty when Mika was MIA and Fox was average. His hits and aggressiveness changed a lot of games even in the regular season. Fighting to change the momentum is a bit overblown but some of the stuff Trouba does to spark the team really works.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Quick turnaround for Trouba. In preseason, he came in and said to the media that it just feels different under Gallant. Something is tangibly different already just in camp. The professionalism, the preparedness, the big boy mentality. Really shows you can't grow without a good coach and a good winning environment. Even an older guy like Trouba was stifled for 2 years under Quinn. He was a very underrated player in the 1st half. I remember calling him our MVP aside from Shesty when Mika was MIA and Fox was average. His hits and aggressiveness changed a lot of games even in the regular season. Fighting to change the momentum is a bit overblown but some of the stuff Trouba does to spark the team really works.
I remember Trouba and K’Andre getting absolutely lit up in pre-season and everyone was calling for K’Andre to be sent to the AHL and for Trouba to be bought out

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I remember Trouba and K’Andre getting absolutely lit up in pre-season and everyone was calling for K’Andre to be sent to the AHL and for Trouba to be bought out

I was one of the people calling for Miller to be sent to the AHL

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Probably because he’s already murdered half their team. I remember him pumping Hischier after running through Johnsson

next year will be different though, they have *checks notes* Brendan Smith and Mason Geertsen now.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
There is a lockerroom. What comes out of there is very important. It's been said his voice in the room is well received and respected. Words and actions spoken in that room, around the ice and and off is seen and heard by hockey management. I doubt that there is not a single player who isn't happy for the team and Jacob.

Except maybe Kravtsov.. Dudes probably offended he didn't get it. I'd put a "C" on his jersey, but it wouldn't mean "Captain"..

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

In the playoffs after we went down 3-1 to Pittsburgh, I was calling for someone to step up and lead the team. There was too much running around like headless chickens and waiting for someone to step up, especially in the 2 games in PIT. What we've learned since then (from Strome's post-Ducks interview) is that Trouba rallied the locker room. He followed that up by scoring a go-ahead goal and KO'ing Crosby on that hit in G5. Is it a coincidence that Mika & Kreider took over the series after that? The momentum swung in our favor after that, and you can probably say similar about the Domi & Jarvis hits in round 2. This seems like the best move possible to maximize the potential of the locker room, and let our skill guys focus on their game.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I'm fine with this. Then again I wasn't one of those that was all that bothered with not having a captain.

I am laughing thinking about people who WANTED a captain, but also want to trade Trouba.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
In the playoffs after we went down 3-1 to Pittsburgh, I was calling for someone to step up and lead the team. There was too much running around like headless chickens and waiting for someone to step up, especially in the 2 games in PIT. What we've learned since then (from Strome's post-Ducks interview) is that Trouba rallied the locker room. He followed that up by scoring a go-ahead goal and KO'ing Crosby on that hit in G5. Is it a coincidence that Mika & Kreider took over the series after that? The momentum swung in our favor after that, and you can probably say similar about the Domi & Jarvis hits in round 2. This seems like the best move possible to maximize the potential of the locker room, and let our skill guys focus on their game.

ya big time. I remember when Domi hit was 100% a turning point. The team stepped up after that hit and everything went right.

Reactions: McRanger92

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Well, at least I love how triggered it has a lot of opposing and neutral fans....

The irony is, and it sounds funny to say because of his reputation, is that Trouba is actually one of hte more honest players in the league.

His 'bad' hits are a result of players ducking and altering their course when they see the train coming, or they don't see it at all. He doesn't do dirty shit like slewfoot or actual flying elbows, nut-taps/stickwork like a lot of players do when they lose their cool (Kucherov, Draisaitl, Subban etc.). Maybe one or two of hits are a fraction late if at all, that's it.

And he always accepts the offer right away when he's challenged to fight after even if it means NYR possibly losing a PP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tob

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
ya big time. I remember when Domi hit was 100% a turning point. The team stepped up after that hit and everything went right.

Domi definitely had a target on his back after trying to start shit with Lindgren the previous game as well. I like that, there hasnt been enough message sending from the Rangers since after the lockout.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Neat. Fans care more about the letter on the jersey than the actual players in the locker room do. Will get the popcorn ready for the completely unnecessary, yet inevitable overreactions from some people. Hope everyone is having a nice summer
I have no problem with the locker room deferring to Trouba as captain. My concern is the long term build of the team. Trouba was my #1 candidate to be moved in the next 2 seasons for very much needed cap relief. Now I have to question whether management is planning to go that route. My concern now lies in how are we possibly going to keep players like Lafreniere and Miller in the long term if the plan is to not try getting rid of Trouba in the next 2 years.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I have no problem with the locker room deferring to Trouba as captain. My concern is the long term build of the team. Trouba was my #1 candidate to be moved in the next 2 seasons for very much needed cap relief. Now I have to question whether management is planning to go that route. My concern now lies in how are we possibly going to keep players like Lafreniere and Miller in the long term if the plan is to not try getting rid of Trouba in the next 2 years.

These aren't the guys you should be worried about.

They'll be able to keep them both. Its the Chytil/Kakko/Goodrow/Kravtsov/Lindgren group that is likely going to be sacrificed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad