Confirmed with Link: Trouba Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
They won't take Svech+Cholo, Cholo is years away and Svech doesn't add much, if anything, to address what they would need. AA is the real bait in the package, and to take him out would mean that we are asking them to take on players they can't use, which makes it a joke package.

If AA, is the centerpiece then we might as well just re-sign KFQ, because AA won't return anything of value.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
No they won't. Not like you think. Larsson still has a bunch of years left at a 4M cap hit and a better pedigree than Trouba does. Trouba is an RFA that wants 7M+.
Yeah Jets fans are as delusional about the return for Trouba as they were about how certain it was he would stay in Winnipeg.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Yeah Jets fans are as delusional about the return for Trouba as they were about how certain it was he would stay in Winnipeg.

All team fans have delusional fans. Fact is they have something many teams want and are willing to pay for. A bidding war will persist, and when that happens Detroit is out unless you want to trade Larkin+.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Overpay to get this done. The defense is in shambles with no hope on the horizon. Then we luck out and a young local kid asks for a trade... You can't expect to find better.

As for the "we don't have the assets" argument...
Even if that's true, whose fault is that? This team trades nobody and we still don't have anything to get deals done?

This team absolutely has the assets to trade for him. Problem is they would need to clear at least $5 million to make it happen. That's what people here don't seem to understand.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Lol, AA and Cholo? That offer would get beat in minutes. And we still can't make that kind of deal because we have no cap space. We can't get Trouba, unless the Jets decide to take back the same amount of salary that he's demanding. This is asinine. We don't have the parts and we don't have the space, full stop.

Super stoked, again, that we pissed away every available dollar of cap space on mediocre vets, though.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
All team fans have delusional fans. Fact is they have something many teams want and are willing to pay for. A bidding war will persist, and when that happens Detroit is out unless you want to trade Larkin+.

Even with a bidding war Winnipeg isn't getting what they want unless it's either an older player or someone with baggage. Myers ended up being traded primarily for two guys with some question marks (and we've seen those question marks surface in Buffalo with Kane). Hamilton was traded for picks, wasn't he?

They might get something better than Detroit will offer, but the Jets aren't going to hit the lotto with it.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
This team absolutely has the assets to trade for him. Problem is they would need to clear at least $5 million to make it happen. That's what people here don't seem to understand.

Wings can clear the cap space, but no way Jets take spare parts for Trouba. They need a top defenseman or top line center. Wings only have Larkin that fits that bill.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Even with a bidding war Winnipeg isn't getting what they want unless it's either an older player or someone with baggage. Myers ended up being traded primarily for two guys with some question marks (and we've seen those question marks surface in Buffalo with Kane). Hamilton was traded for picks, wasn't he?

They might get something better than Detroit will offer, but the Jets aren't going to hit the lotto with it.

They are not getting a McDavid for him, no. But in the trade rumors board I did see Malkins name mentioned. Also saw Hamonics name mentioned, both proposals brought up by none-Jets fans.

I doubt Jets are trading Trouba for spare parts. I also doubt they'll take a lesser deal from Detroit than they can get from other none-divisional teams who have better trade assets.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I still would love to trade DDK+ for Trouba and then someone for Vatanen, but it's a major pipe dream.

Why would you do that? Just curious. We'd have four RHD that way not counting Sproul. I would go for Fowler.

Mantha + 1st? Any other year I'd do it without thinking twice but with the potential of Detroit being very bad idk how I feel about potentially trading away our first lottery pick in nearly 3 decades.

Nope dude. Winnipeg is too deep at the wing with Connor, Laine, Ehlers, Wheeler, Dano, Petan, etc, etc, etc.

I would go AA+Cholo+1st+2nd

Offer they can't refuse for a kid that this team needs in the worst way.

Value wise, that's really really interesting. I trust Detroit's drafting so much and their firsts have been really good in the last 5 years. I think Cholo becomes a top pairing guy.

If AA, is the centerpiece then we might as well just re-sign KFQ, because AA won't return anything of value.

AA has a lot of value. He could fetch us a first rounder.

Lol, AA and Cholo? That offer would get beat in minutes. And we still can't make that kind of deal because we have no cap space. We can't get Trouba, unless the Jets decide to take back the same amount of salary that he's demanding. This is asinine. We don't have the parts and we don't have the space, full stop.

Super stoked, again, that we pissed away every available dollar of cap space on mediocre vets, though.

Keep in mind Jacob Trouba is a RFA so he has some leverage.

They are not getting a McDavid for him, no. But in the trade rumors board I did see Malkins name mentioned. Also saw Hamonics name mentioned, both proposals brought up by none-Jets fans.

I doubt Jets are trading Trouba for spare parts. I also doubt they'll take a lesser deal from Detroit than they can get from other none-divisional teams who have better trade assets.

Interesting name here.. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins? If Winnipeg wants to go three deep with Scheifele-Little-RNH.. With their sick wingers and awesome tenders coming up.. they could be a ****ing treat.

Jacob Trouba+Nic Petan for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins+Darnell Nurse

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Geez, if only the Wings had cap space to improve the defense this off-season. Oh, right.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Why would you do that? Just curious. We'd have four RHD that way not counting Sproul. I would go for Fowler.

Nope dude. Winnipeg is too deep at the wing with Connor, Laine, Ehlers, Wheeler, Dano, Petan, etc, etc, etc.

Value wise, that's really really interesting. I trust Detroit's drafting so much and their firsts have been really good in the last 5 years. I think Cholo becomes a top pairing guy.

AA has a lot of value. He could fetch us a first rounder.

Keep in mind Jacob Trouba is a RFA so he has some leverage.

Interesting name here.. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins? If Winnipeg wants to go three deep with Scheifele-Little-RNH.. With their sick wingers and awesome tenders coming up.. they could be a ****ing treat.

Jacob Trouba+Nic Petan for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins+Darnell Nurse

How about we trade ddk for Trouba, then package Tatar+ for Fowler.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
How about we trade ddk for Trouba, then package Tatar+ for Fowler.

Yup. I ****ing love Tatar and DeKeyser but that improves the backend so much. Offense needs help but you have Mantha coming up.

Z-Nielsen-Vanek
Nyquist-Larkin-Abdelkader
Sheahan-Helm-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glenny-AA (more minutes than Pulks)
Ott

Kronwall-Trouba
Fowler-Marchenko
E-Green

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Winnipeg will want players who can help them now, not just.five years from now, so picks and prospects wil not be the centerpiece of any deal.

Hamonic makes sense frpm the nyi

Tatar plus smith plus could maybe be a good start but I do not see us as players in these talks.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Winnipeg will want players who can help them now, not just.five years from now, so picks and prospects wil not be the centerpiece of any deal.

Hamonic makes sense frpm the nyi

Tatar plus smith plus could maybe be a good start but I do not see us as players in these talks.

Dude I HIGHLY doubt they want a prime winger right now. Their wingers are so good. LHD or C. Tatar isn't that guy.

Players that would interest Winnipeg IMO are Dylan Larkin and Danny DeKeyser. To a degree, I think they'd like Brendan Smith, Xavier Ouellet, Riley Sheahan and Double A.

Blake Wheeler
Nik Ehlers
Patrik Laine
Mathieu Perreault
Drew Stafford
Kyle Connor
Marko Dano

That's 7 top 9 wingers for Winnipeg. After that you still have Nic Petan who's likely a winger right now, and Joel Armia.

EDIT: Was that offer for Trouba or Hamonic? I think Hamonic stays in NY now. Isles have so many holes as they lack depth so they could use help everywhere. Tats and Smith isn't terrible for them

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Wings can clear the cap space

Er, how? We're already over and Nyquist is the only tradeable asset we have who'd take any real dollars with him.

Someone mentioned Trouba beign an RFA might help, but we still have negative cap room, currently. The FO pissed away all of our money on mediocre Fs already. I don't see any way we're players for Trouba, unless he agrees to take an ELC-level contract, as a result. More wonderful work from the FO.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Er, how? We're already over and Nyquist is the only tradeable asset we have who'd take any real dollars with him.

Someone mentioned Trouba beign an RFA might help, but we still have negative cap room, currently. The FO pissed away all of our money on mediocre Fs already. I don't see any way we're players for Trouba, unless he agrees to take an ELC-level contract, as a result. More wonderful work from the FO.

KH already proved he can. Many teams with clever GMs move cap space at will. Clearing cap space isn't an issue. The true issue is who do the Wings have to trade if Larkin is untouchable? Answer is nobody. Wings don't have Taylor Halls on hand to trade foolishly.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway

At what point did a potential future top pair d-man become more valuable that a potential future top center?

If one goes after Trouba, he might fetch a pick, a prospect and a player (Not a 1st line player). That might be stretching it too.

He's more of an defensive defensive/all-round defensive with questions marks regarding offense. That shouldn't fetch Larkin or any other 1st line players. Unless it's a team who can give away assets because of having a lot.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
At what point did a potential future top pair d-man become more valuable that a potential future top center?

Defensemen are at a premium in today's game, especially young ones with upside. Teams always want them.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Defensemen are at a premium in today's game, especially young ones with upside. Teams always want them.

Sort of. But, shouldn't trade away a potential franchise center-man.

Difference with Edmonton is, Taylor Hall wasn't a franchise player, and they had assets enough to trade him away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad