Confirmed with Link: Trouba Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
I still would love to trade DDK+ for Trouba and then someone for Vatanen, but it's a major pipe dream.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
People love to overrate defensemen around here. Remember when Myers was a potential Norris winner with multiple 50+ point seasons just around the corner? Remember how Ehrhoff or Niskanen was this team's answer on defense? Many here proclaimed Holland was such an idiot for not offering Ehrhoff the 5-year deal he was asking for when Buffalo bought him out.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
True but its not like anyone on this team is doing anything special. Warm bodies is the best you could describe how valuable almost all of our defence is.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I still would love to trade DDK+ for Trouba and then someone for Vatanen, but it's a major pipe dream.
Definitely, don't think Vatanen is available. Not to mention it would kill our LD depth and make us stacked at RD instead. If you want to dream, dream of a Fowler+Trouba double-trade by Holland. That'll happen right after hell freezes over.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Kenny should ask if he wanna play for us.

Of course he'd like to play here. He grew up here.

Holland has AA and Mantha to put in a deal. Lets hope the Jets didn't read his stupid comments about them before they go.

Our future , according to Kenny , looks like Ott and Vanek anyway. Kenny can still talk about 2008 and ignore the model teams like the Penguins used last year to win the Cup.

Just bad mouth our young guys, tell them they aren't that good. And when they do play well, Blash them (Blashill can be a verb at times), by saying they're no good defensively.

With the old, slow, injured, team KH and Blash have assembled, downplaying youth and rewarding mediocrity, One or both of them will be gone by Christmas.

J15

Mar 18, 2009
Mantha + 1st? Any other year I'd do it without thinking twice but with the potential of Detroit being very bad idk how I feel about potentially trading away our first lottery pick in nearly 3 decades.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
once a player asks for a trade and its made public the return more often than not is less than half what is believed it will be

salary would have to go the other way

figure tatar plus smith plus a decent pick

i am positive whatever team trades for him will "get a steal of a deal" when its finally announced when compared to what people thought it would take

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
once a player asks for a trade and its made public the return more often than not is less than half what is believed it will be

salary would have to go the other way

figure tatar plus smith plus a decent pick

i am positive whatever team trades for him will "get a steal of a deal" when its finally announced when compared to what people thought it would take

I agree that Jets fans will be upset with whatever they probably end up getting. That said, Tatar and Smith is really, really easy to beat, and we *still* couldn't sign him. Short of them taking back salary equivalent to what Trouba's asking for, we can't make the trade, period.

Super glad we didn't hang onto any cap space though; where's the chorus of "why not use up all of your cap space immediately anyways" posters?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I agree that Jets fans will be upset with whatever they probably end up getting. That said, Tatar and Smith is really, really easy to beat, and we *still* couldn't sign him. Short of them taking back salary equivalent to what Trouba's asking for, we can't make the trade, period.

Super glad we didn't hang onto any cap space though; where's the chorus of "why not use up all of your cap space immediately anyways" posters?

Jets fans will absolutely be upset. They think he's worth more then 2-3 larkins

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Mantha + 1st? Any other year I'd do it without thinking twice but with the potential of Detroit being very bad idk how I feel about potentially trading away our first lottery pick in nearly 3 decades.

I would go AA+Cholo+1st+2nd

Offer they can't refuse for a kid that this team needs in the worst way.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
We have no chance with Ken Holland, even if we were on his short list or whatever the hell he's using.

When was the last time we swung a trade like that?

I'm sure Holland could be persuaded to part with a 2nd round draft pick. That's sure to get a deal done. :sarcasm: This once again highlights how dumb it is for this roster to be in cap hell. We conserve first round picks who very rarely pan out, we rarely trade guys to try to address needs and we overpay our vets when their careers are heading on a downward slope.

Hey hey Hockeytown!

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

You can easily protect a lottery pick but they would laugh you off the phone if you came with that offer. Mantha cannot make the Wings and they are going to trade a very good young RHD for him and a mediocre 1st round pick?

Not happening.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
I would go AA+Cholo+1st+2nd

Offer they can't refuse for a kid that this team needs in the worst way.

I'm not trading AA for Trouba. I still don't think the kid is that great.

Svech+Cholo+1st. Sure sign me up.

Edit-Don't trade Mantha either. AA and Mantha are two of the biggest forwards we would have. Can't afford to give that up.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Nyquist, DD, Smith, AA and 2 first rounders. I doubt a trade will happen without Larkin being the starting point. Too many other teams out there with better young talent than us to offer.

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
Nyquist, DD, Smith, AA and 2 first rounders. I doubt a trade will happen without Larkin being the starting point. Too many other teams out there with better young talent than us to offer.

That's a haul if you're targeting OEL or Hedman. Waaaaay overpayment for a player who's forced his teams hand for a trade

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
That's a haul if you're targeting OEL or Hedman. Waaaaay overpayment for a player who's forced his teams hand for a trade

The problem is Wings don't have the assets to trade for Trouba. Exspecially when they really only want a top young defenseman in return. Or a top line center if they can't get what they want in D. I read Maple Leaf fans throwing around William Nylander as trade bait for Trouba. Wings can't beat that unless it starts with Dylan Larkin.

Travis Hamonic for Trouba makes the most sense. Wings just don't have the talent to appeal to Jets.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Overpay to get this done. The defense is in shambles with no hope on the horizon. Then we luck out and a young local kid asks for a trade... You can't expect to find better.

As for the "we don't have the assets" argument...
Even if that's true, whose fault is that? This team trades nobody and we still don't have anything to get deals done?

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Overpay to get this done. The defense is in shambles with no hope on the horizon. Then we luck out and a young local kid asks for a trade... You can't expect to find better.

Even if that's true, whose fault is that? This team trades nobody and we still don't have anything to get deals done?

Now with Nill finally gone and Hakan should be fired (or asked to retire), I see the Wings starting to finally start drafting better and getting better assets. Nill leaving is the a blessing. Now just need find a way to get rid of Hakan "gracefully".

Edit: read Jets board. They do not need wingers. They have too many. They only need top tier young defensemen or top line centers. If Devils can land Taylor Hall for Larsson, then Jets are going to make bank on Trouba.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Keep preachin' Bench, I'm in the pew.

Aug 6, 2012

Edit-Don't trade Mantha either. AA and Mantha are two of the biggest forwards we would have. Can't afford to give that up.

No way dude that package is ridiculous. That's our last two first round picks + this years, and chances are we miss the playoffs this year more than we make them. I just can't get behind a package like that, it absolutely destroys our farm for a kid who is still quite a question mark. As much as our defense needs a fix, we can't completely gut our future for it. The way I see it we are in no rush... this team isn't going anywhere soon so the best bet for future success is to build through the farm.

That being said, getting a hold of Trouba would still be huge. I'd do Svech+1st+Helm or something like that. Can't really afford to trade Cholowski at this point and we'd have to have cap going the other way (that Helm deal just keeps looking worse and worse). Maybe add a B prospect like Bert or something too if need be. But if they don't like that offer then I don't know what to say... we are desperate but are we really that desperate to trade our two top prospects + next years first?

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
Trouba Trade

Acknowledging that the Wings may not have what the Jets need(LHD), we need to involve a 3rd. team.

Det sends Nyquist + to Ana for Fowler.

Det then flips Fowler + Det 2017 1st. + to Wpg. for Trouba.

+ = any asset not named Mrazek, DDK, Larkin, Mantha and AA that Holland needs to make these deals work. This includes any roster player, expansion draft exempt prospects and draft picks.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Acknowledging that the Wings may not have what the Jets need(LHD), we need to involve a 3rd. team.

Det sends Nyquist + to Ana for Fowler.

Det then flips Fowler + Det 2017 1st. + to Wpg. for Trouba.

+ = any asset not named Mrazek, DDK, Larkin, Mantha and AA that Holland needs to make these deals work. This includes any roster player, expansion draft exempt prospects and draft picks.

No. Not interested. If the Wings are going to be bad, they want to keep that first round pick. If they deal Nyquist + something else off of the roster, they're more likely to worse than better in the coming year.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Now with Nill finally gone and Hakan should be fired (or asked to retire), I see the Wings starting to finally start drafting better and getting better assets. Nill leaving is the a blessing. Now just need find a way to get rid of Hakan "gracefully".

Edit: read Jets board. They do not need wingers. They have too many. They only need top tier young defensemen or top line centers. If Devils can land Taylor Hall for Larsson, then Jets are going to make bank on Trouba.

No they won't. Not like you think. Larsson still has a bunch of years left at a 4M cap hit and a better pedigree than Trouba does. Trouba is an RFA that wants 7M+.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

They won't take Svech+Cholo, Cholo is years away and Svech doesn't add much, if anything, to address what they would need. AA is the real bait in the package, and to take him out would mean that we are asking them to take on players they can't use, which makes it a joke package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad