Speculation: Trouba [MOD: his next contract]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Rick Ralph said during the Watters interview that it came out that Bogosian wanted out of Winnipeg. When did that come out? I don't remember hearing anything about that.

His fiancé (now his wife) plays pro soccer on the east coast. It's probably related to that.

OutsideLookingIn

Feb 9, 2010
Until Trouba is the last RFA to be signed in the NHL, I'm not worrying. I don't see Ana/TBL/Buf freaking out about their RFA's and having trade proposals popping up every 5 minutes...

The situation is different, if it is based on usage and opportunity. The other two RFA D, Lindholm and Risto, have had the opportunity for success and the future is not blocked by other players.

I think Trouba wants out because the Jets signed Buff and he wants to be a #1 if he can, while not waiting 3-4 years.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
He's definitely going to sit out of training camp. This is Overhardt's signature move. I wouldn't be surprised if he sat out some regular season games as well.

My guess is that the Trouba camp want the Jets to feel what it is like without Trouba in the lineup. A risky move, but it's the only leverage they have in this situation. I hope Chevy stands pat.

This deal isn't getting done until after September at least.

It's only 1 player (Turris) is it not? That hardly constitutes a signature move.

And Turris did not gain anything (contract wise) by sitting out.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Rick Ralph said during the Watters interview that it came out that Bogosian wanted out of Winnipeg. When did that come out? I don't remember hearing anything about that.

It was in a Sportsnet interview article with Bogo days leading up to Kane's return to Winnipeg. I'm REALLY shocked it didn't get more attention than it did. But since TSN dominates in this city, it almost kinda got sloughed under the rug in a way.

Unholy goalie

Jul 11, 2011
It's only 1 player (Turris) is it not? That hardly constitutes a signature move.

And Turris did not gain anything (contract wise) by sitting out.

It's not. Johansen missed most of training camp, and Dubinsky missed one week of TC before his deal got done.

Trouba will certainly miss part of TC beyond the WCOH, and I think it'll be all of TC given the likelihood that Chevy won't play ball.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It was in a Sportsnet interview article with Bogo days leading up to Kane's return to Winnipeg. I'm REALLY shocked it didn't get more attention than it did. But since TSN dominates in this city, it almost kinda got sloughed under the rug in a way.

The walls closed in a bit on Bogo in the small market and it was time for a fresh start for Zach and the org.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
It's not. Johansen missed most of training camp, and Dubinsky missed one week of TC before his deal got done.

Trouba will certainly miss part of TC beyond the WCOH, and I think it'll be all of TC given the likelihood that Chevy won't play ball.

He'll miss part of atC because he's away at the WCoH.

I was talking about a player actually missing regular season games. Only other one I can think of is O'Reilly but that ended in a unique way

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Is there a single shred of any real evidence that Trouba wants out of Winnipeg?

So much time to get a long term deal done still. I think if he was going to do a bridge it would be done already, especially if he did truly want out.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice

So much time to get a long term deal done still. I think if he was going to do a bridge it would be done already, especially if he did truly want out.

I guess the logic is that with so many comparable contracts out there if he wanted to sign a deal he would.

But... I've seen contracts that were supposed to take 4 years to get done be signed in 6 months, and "no problem" agreements that take years.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Reread my post. Missing TC is the signature. I'm extending that to reg season games based on the current context.

How does missing regular season games help exactly. What's to be gained at that point?

Ultimately it's up to his client. Jacob won't sit out if he doesn't want to.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

None. In fact there are stories that suggest the opposite. Wheeler saying how excited Trouba was when the Jets won the lottery for example

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I guess the logic is that with so many comparable contracts out there if he wanted to sign a deal he would.

But... I've seen contracts that were supposed to take 4 years to get done be signed in 6 months, and "no problem" agreements that take years.

There many stories out there that Overhardt is the least logical agent in the business

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Until Trouba is the last RFA to be signed in the NHL, I'm not worrying. I don't see Ana/TBL/Buf freaking out about their RFA's and having trade proposals popping up every 5 minutes...

I think the difference is not Trouba and whether he wants to stay here or not. It is Overhardt and his track record. That is the source of all the buzz, smoke and noise as well as the apprehension.

I don't really care too much whether Trouba signs long term or not or whether he is traded or not as long as he is either signed to a good contract or traded for good value and what we need.

If Overhardt is going to require that we overpay or if he is going to force the shortest path to UFA then I think we should be looking to move the pair, Trouba/Overhardt sooner rather than later.

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
Clearly Lawless doesn’t think it’s a semantics issue, as he’s gone out of his way at least 4 times that I’ve heard to make the distinction between apart and far apart and that the 2 sides are not far apart.

Pffffft. Lawless??? Seriously I have no idea why anyone even listens to him at all.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Pffffft. Lawless??? Seriously I have no idea why anyone even listens to him at all.

He actually has a pipeline to Overhardt. He's known him for a very long time. He's actually more believable in this situation than he is on most other things.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He actually has a pipeline to Overhardt. He's known him for a very long time. He's actually more believable in this situation than he is on most other things.

He does know him but yesterday he said Kurt always returns his texts and is polite but isn't giving him anything :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad