Eklund Rumor: Trouba - Leafs, Boston & Wings

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Are Leafs fans still acting like Trouba wouldn't be their best defenceman? :laugh:

Why bother bringing the Leafs up? There is zero chance Trouba ends up in TO, Why? Because there is nothing the Leafs have that the Jets would want for Trouba....that's what's been said 1000 times by Jets fans.(The Leafs also wouldn't trade what they would want) So, please stick with Detroit or Boston or New York...or whatever team has the players you'd deem acceptable.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I may be remembeing incorrectly. Carlo wasn't as established as he is now, which isn't to say he's completely established, just more so now.

True.

Now Lindgren and Lauzon are both coming back from solid performances in the WJC's for Canada and the USA to add to Carlo and McAvoy in the system.

If Myers is back and Morrissey continues to shine then perhaps the Jets look at asking for some of the 1sts the Bruins have had or have coming up (1st in 2017, or Senyshyn or DeBrusk) as well as one of the young D currently playing in Boston to take Trouba's spot (Colin Miller or Joe Morrow). Suddenly Trouba has become two firsts and a young RFA playing minutes in the NHL to take his spot.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
True.

Now Lindgren and Lauzon are both coming back from solid performances in the WJC's for Canada and the USA to add to Carlo and McAvoy in the system.

If Myers is back and Morrissey continues to shine then perhaps the Jets look at asking for some of the 1sts the Bruins have had or have coming up (1st in 2017, or Senyshyn or DeBrusk) as well as one of the young D currently playing in Boston to take Trouba's spot (Colin Miller or Joe Morrow). Suddenly Trouba has become two firsts and a young RFA playing minutes in the NHL to take his spot.

Forward prospects won't be of interest to Winnipeg (possibly high end C prospect). I like Lauzon, but he's got a lot of developing before he's NHL ready. Winnipeg would want either a young quality NHL D or a top D prospect close to NHL ready (both top 4 potential).

I also don't see as much of a need for Trouba in Boston. I think that ship has sailed. I thik Boston should target a top 6 winger or LD (before RD) instead.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Forward prospects won't be of interest to Winnipeg (possibly high end C prospect). I like Lauzon, but he's got a lot of developing before he's NHL ready. Winnipeg would want either a young quality NHL D or a top D prospect close to NHL ready (both top 4 potential).

I also don't see as much of a need for Trouba in Boston. I think that ship has sailed. I thik Boston should target a top 6 winger or LD (before RD) instead.

Well if the asking price in the summer was indeed Spooner + Carlo + 1st and Boston said no, I wonder now if seeing that Boston is once again struggling and won't make the playoffs that Spooner + Lauzon + 2017 1st unprotected gets it done.

The emergence of McAvoy and Carlo really solidifies the RHD in Boston with Miller already there as well but I don't think they are keen on rushing McAvoy. If they can move assets and get Trouba now then having:

XXX - Trouba
XXX - Carlo
XXX - McAvoy

...in place and let McAvoy slowly move up the list.

I personally think Sweeney loves his prospects too much and is trying to sneak into the playoffs while McAvoy, Carlo, DeBrusk, Senyshyn, Gabrielle, Heinen, Lauzon, Lindgren, Zboril and JFK over-ripen in the minors. Bruins fans are much less patient and see this as a wasting of Bergeron, Rask, Pastrnak, Marchand, Backes and Beleskey's prime years. Not to mention the Chara decline.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Well if the asking price in the summer was indeed Spooner + Carlo + 1st and Boston said no, I wonder now if seeing that Boston is once again struggling and won't make the playoffs that Spooner + Lauzon + 2017 1st unprotected gets it done.

Still a no. We can't afford to trade Trouba for something that isn't proven or a sure thing prospect, which your offer doesn't include. Just look at what we have and tell me that we can give guys up that easily.

If there's a deal with Boston, it starts with McAvoy/Carlo and your 1st. Nice and simple.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Still a no. We can't afford to trade Trouba for something that isn't proven or a sure thing prospect, which your offer doesn't include. Just look at what we have and tell me that we can give guys up that easily.

If there's a deal with Boston, it starts with McAvoy/Carlo and your 1st. Nice and simple.

Fair enough.

IF McAvoy turns pro, I honestly wonder what the Bruins value more:

McAvoy
Carlo

or

Trouba
McAvoy

...and one of the 1sts they drafted or will draft?

I personally would move Carlo and one of the 2015 1sts for Trouba.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg

The emergence of McAvoy and Carlo really solidifies the RHD in Boston with Miller already there as well but I don't think they are keen on rushing McAvoy. If they can move assets and get Trouba now then having:

XXX - Trouba
XXX - Carlo
XXX - McAvoy

...in place and let McAvoy slowly move up the list.

I personally think Sweeney loves his prospects too much and is trying to sneak into the playoffs while McAvoy, Carlo, DeBrusk, Senyshyn, Gabrielle, Heinen, Lauzon, Lindgren, Zboril and JFK over-ripen in the minors. Bruins fans are much less patient and see this as a wasting of Bergeron, Rask, Pastrnak, Marchand, Backes and Beleskey's prime years. Not to mention the Chara decline.

There really is no realistic deal between these teams. I think that time has passed from both teams point of interest.

Boston shouldn't overpay for a RD. Winnipeg won't sell on the cheap or inexperienced side. They'll need a quality roster player (preferably a top 4 D) coming back. A ED draft exempt player would be ideal. Forward prospects will have very little value to Winnipeg.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Fair enough.

IF McAvoy turns pro, I honestly wonder what the Bruins value more:

McAvoy
Carlo

or

Trouba
McAvoy

...and one of the 1sts they drafted or will draft?

I personally would move Carlo and one of the 2015 1sts for Trouba.

A Carlo + Zbořil deal would probably be of interest to Winnipeg (2 ED draft exempt young D). Carlo takes Trouba's current spot. Zbořil helps their prospe t pool at a position of need (LD). That's not a deal I think Boston should do.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
I'd do Carlo + Zboril + Beleksey/McQuaid/Kevan Miller + 2nd tier prospect to make up for the $$$ going back.

Just curious, who would you consider a 2nd tier prospect? JFK, Bjork, Heinen, Cehlerik, Gabrielle...? If Winnipeg were to take back a cap dump, I'd hope it was Hayes. He's got less term (1 year after this season).

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Trouba has been awesome lately.... no reason to move him for anything less than a kings ransom

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Just curious, who would you consider a 2nd tier prospect? JFK, Bjork, Heinen, Cehlerik, Gabrielle...? If Winnipeg were to take back a cap dump, I'd hope it was Hayes. He's got less term (1 year after this season).

I hear you and would be amenable to Hayes, but we need Hayes for expansion purposes unless Schaller plays another 20 odd games. Heinen, Donato, Cehlerik was the tier I was thinking. Or EDMs second if you want to pick your own.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Could see Trouba being moved, but only after the season.
Trouba to Bruins for some Bruins prospects might suit Jets. Carlo and McEnvoy though would not be included by Bruins.
Kinda of trade for the loser of Shattenkirk sweepstakes, although I think whoever signs Shattenkirk will have really overpaid for him.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
The way McCovoy looked to me Thursday, Bruins are better off just waiting til next year and playing him

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I think Boston has developed a habit of leaking trade / contract rumors. Remember all the nonsense about them preparing an offer sheet for Trouba?

Chevy should just ignore Boston and move on. The Bruins have McAvoy coming to add to Carlo, so I don't see that they would be a great fit, anyway.

I don't think Boston was putting that out there, as a matter of fact when asked about it they said definitely not to an offer sheet.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
I hear you and would be amenable to Hayes, but we need Hayes for expansion purposes unless Schaller plays another 20 odd games. Heinen, Donato, Cehlerik was the tier I was thinking. Or EDMs second if you want to pick your own.

Schaller only needs 4 more games this season to qualify based on the 40 game quota in 16-17.

Id do something like...

Carlo + Zbořil + Heinen + Hayes

For

Trouba

I think it gives Winnipeg the young top 4 D (Carlo) they'd need to replace Trouba. The projected top 4 LD prospect (Zbořil) to eventually replace Enstrom down the road. He'd be our top D prospect. Heinen is versatile (C/LW, well roynded) and has shown the ability to put up points in the NCAA and currently the AHL. I think he's got top 9 potential and will likely reach it quote easily. He helps our horrid AHL ream right now, while continuing to develop. Hayes is a cap dump, who would play in the AHL the rest of the year, until his contract expires at seasons end. Carlo, Zbořil and Heinen are all ED exempt, which allows Winnipeg to go 7-3-1 rather than 8-1. They could then protect...

Wheeler
Scheifele
Little
Perreault
Armia
Dano
Lowry

Byfuglien
Enstrom
Myers

Hellebuyck

Some may not that deal for Winnipeg, but I think it's very good value and hits multiple areas of need (position, age, ED exempt).

Boston adds the best player in the deal. He's looked outstanding as of late. It really doesn't hurt them in the ED either. They could protect 7-3-1 still. The 3 D would be Chara, Trouba and Krug.

This is of course if Trouba still needs to be traded. I'd prefer to extend him long-term.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Schaller only needs 4 more games this season to qualify based on the 40 game quota in 16-17.

Id do something like...

For

Trouba

I think it gives Winnipeg the young top 4 D (Carlo) they'd need to replace Trouba. The projected top 4 LD prospect (Zbořil) to eventually replace Enstrom down the road. He'd be our top D prospect. Heinen is versatile (C/LW, well roynded) and has shown the ability to put up points in the NCAA and currently the AHL. I think he's got top 9 potential and will likely reach it quote easily. He helps our horrid AHL ream right now, while continuing to develop. Hayes is a cap dump, who would play in the AHL the rest of the year, until his contract expires at seasons end. Carlo, Zbořil and Heinen are all ED exempt, which allows Winnipeg to go 7-3-1 rather than 8-1. They could then protect...

Wheeler
Scheifele
Little
Perreault
Armia
Dano
Lowry

Byfuglien
Enstrom
Myers

Hellebuyck

Some may not that deal for Winnipeg, but I think it's very good value and hits multiple areas of need (position, age, ED exempt).

Boston adds the best player in the deal. He's looked outstanding as of late. It really doesn't hurt them in the ED either. They could protect 7-3-1 still. The 3 D would be Chara, Trouba and Krug.

This is of course if Trouba still needs to be traded. I'd prefer to extend him long-term.

hmmm that's a massive package Bruins would be giving up and it would never happen....Honestly, the way Carlo has been playing, I really wouldn't doubt if a lot of people wouldn't even swap Carlo for Trouba 1 for 1... let alone add all of the other players you listed WITH Carlo.

Carlo is damn good and IMO Bruins wont be trading him

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
hmmm that's a massive package Bruins would be giving up and it would never happen....Honestly, the way Carlo has been playing, I really wouldn't doubt if a lot of people wouldn't even swap Carlo for Trouba 1 for 1... let alone add all of the other players you listed WITH Carlo.

Carlo is damn good and IMO Bruins wont be trading him

I don't think it happens either. I was just responding to another Boston fan. It's what he would offer in a deal for Trouba.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Id do something like...

For

Trouba

Wheeler
Scheifele
Little
Perreault
Armia
Dano
Lowry

Byfuglien
Enstrom
Myers

Hellebuyck

You are right about Schaller, I had the 70 games the last two seasons rule stuck in my head. If it's just Hayes going back, I wouldn't give up Heinen... that was for sending back one of the guys with more term. I'd want to figure out if I could pull the trigger with Colorado on a Landy deal without Zboril before I would give thumbs up on this one, but I think it could be a deal that makes sense for both teams.

Last edited:

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
You are right about Schaller, I had the 70 games the last two seasons rule stuck in my head. If it's just Hayes going back, I wouldn't give up Heinen... that was for sending back one of the guys with more term. I'd want to figure out if I could pull the trigger with Colorado on a Landy deal without Zboril before I would give thumbs up on this one, but I think it could be a deal that makes sense for both teams.

Lauzon could be substituted instead of Zbořil. If need be. I like Heinen, but would pass on him for a lesser piece (not sure what that would be), if it meant taking back McQuaid or K.Miller (term kills it). Belesky isn't of any interest at all. Still don't know why similar type of players at RD were re-signed to multi year deals.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Lauzon could be substituted instead of Zbořil. If need be. I like Heinen, but would pass on him for a lesser piece (not sure what that would be), if it meant taking back McQuaid or K.Miller (term kills it). Belesky isn't of any interest at all.

If Lauzon was in the deal instead of Zboril, I'd be fine with leaving Heinen in there.

Still don't know why similar type of players at RD were re-signed to multi year deals.

Sigh. Both are solid nice ideal bottom pairing guys who can play as your #4 in a pinch. Both are very good on the PK. They are useful players. But, having two of them always seemed crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad