Eklund Rumor: Trouba - Leafs, Boston & Wings

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
If Lauzon was in the deal instead of Zboril, I'd be fine with leaving Heinen in there.

I actually prefer Lauzon, so that deal would work for me.

Carlo + Lauzon + Heinen + Hayes

For

Trouba

How do other fans feel about a deal like this?

Sigh. Both are solid nice ideal bottom pairing guys who can play as your #4 in a pinch. Both are very good on the PK. They are useful players. But, having two of them always seemed crazy.

We have the worse/outdated version in Mark Stuart. If he wasn't signed for one more year after this season (2.625 cap). Then I think Winnipeg could consider McQuaid/K.Miller.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

For

Trouba

We have the worse/outdated version in Mark Stuart. If he wasn't signed for one more year after this season (2.625 cap). Then I think Winnipeg could consider McQuaid/K.Miller.

Yup, I would do that trade as a Jets fan.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

For

Trouba

That's a tough one. I'm thinking the Bruins have Carlo on the no-fly list but if it was for his replacement to play top four with McAvoy the next decade I can see the appeal for both sides.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

For

Trouba

Carlo is a no-go; unless the Bruins bring in ANOTHER top 4 defenseman in a subsequent trade.

Trouba is better (now, and possibly always, but maybe not), but Carlo IS in the Bruins top 4; and replacing him with Trouba, still means the Bruins are short a top 4 defenseman.

Not saying Carlo is untouchable, but without subsequent trades, I don't see that happening.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Carlo is a no-go; unless the Bruins bring in ANOTHER top 4 defenseman in a subsequent trade.

Trouba is better (now, and possibly always, but maybe not), but Carlo IS in the Bruins top 4; and replacing him with Trouba, still means the Bruins are short a top 4 defenseman.

Not saying Carlo is untouchable, but without subsequent trades, I don't see that happening.

Trouba projects as 1/2. Carlo as a 2/3. McAvoy is the added top 4 d-man next year.

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?

For

Trouba

Im on my phone so finding the source is tough at the moment, but it has already been said by some source that Sweeney turned down a Trouba/Carlo trade, with Sweeney saying they will not trade Carlo. I dont think that a large add like Lauzon and Heinen is appropriate given that Carlo alone was considered too much to give up for Trouba.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Im on my phone so finding the source is tough at the moment, but it has already been said by some source that Sweeney turned down a Trouba/Carlo trade, with Sweeney saying they will not trade Carlo. I dont think that a large add like Lauzon and Heinen is appropriate given that Carlo alone was considered too much to give up for Trouba.
Lol, Trouba is far more valuable than Carlo

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Your off a bit on what was reported. It was stated that a trade for trouba that "included" Carlo in the package was turned down. Never stated Carlo for Trouba straight up, that would be crazy bad for the Jets and I like Carlo.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

schenneuf

Jul 4, 2011
Again, as I said 1 year ago, I would do a Rielly-for-Trouba swap. It makes sense for both sides.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015

For

Trouba

I’ve said it before but Carlo looks like a guy who can only be successful in a very narrow range of circumstances and systems. He does well with the Bruins, they systems they run and the players they have around him but I think he’d struggle just about anywhere else. If the Jets traded for him I believe he’d regress to being a 5/6 guy pretty quickly. The Jets don’t want/need a quality for quantity type trade, they need that singular feature piece, that just isn’t there in this proposal.

Trouba hasn't looked like a top pairing since his rookie season

False. Trouba’s rookie season was his worst overall and the only one where he didn’t already play at a top pair D level.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I’ve said it before but Carlo looks like a guy who can only be successful in a very narrow range of circumstances and systems. He does well with the Bruins, they systems they run and the players they have around him but I think he’d struggle just about anywhere else. If the Jets traded for him I believe he’d regress to being a 5/6 guy pretty quickly. The Jets don’t want/need a quality for quantity type trade, they need that singular feature piece, that just isn’t there in this proposal.

False. Trouba’s rookie season was his worst overall and the only one where he didn’t already play at a top pair D level.

Why on earth do you think that about Carlo?

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Trouba has played at a top pairing rate the last two seasons. Still is, and now he's putting up points like crazy.

He’s no longer cast in the role of defensive babysitter for a weak partner who’s over his head with the competition he’s facing.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I don’t like his skill set. There are only a handful of teams around the NHL where players like him can work and Winnipeg isn’t going to be one of them.

Yes, solid, 20 years old, 6"5 defensive defensemen who are not shy about being physical have no business being in the NHL. No one wants them.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Yes, solid, 20 years old, 6"5 defensive defensemen who are not shy about being physical have no business being in the NHL. No one wants them.

My biggest concern would be how he plays without Chara (at least that's who I remember him playing with). Can he anchor a pairing or not is the question, because Trouba certainly can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad