Eklund Rumor: Trouba - Leafs, Boston & Wings

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=81697&blogger_id=1

Eklund creating clicks again, in the past all three teams have been linked to showing significant interest in Trouba by multi sources.....not just Eklund.

If you believe the player & agent playing in Canada is no problem for Trouba.

Let's hear those low ball offers. Let's make it interesting, no players on the Jets are unavailable just some are much less likely to available. Creates bigger conversations and bigger possible deals (linked to Trouba). Quality for quality......don't bother offering a bunch of meh pieces for a great piece.....those posts never help a thread.

Less start by reminding people Jets aren't overly interested in picks as any main piece of a trade. Picks can be added as minor pluses to even out trades of course.

I'm bored and on holidays.....need something to read. Interested in Buff? Wheeler? Little? Laine? Ehlers? Other smaller pieces? Let's hear those crazy offers. Should include Trouba as part of package. Should be fun/amusing to read this.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=81697&blogger_id=1

Eklund creating clicks again, in the past all three teams have been linked to showing significant interest in Trouba by multi sources.....not just Eklund.

If you believe the player & agent playing in Canada is no problem for Trouba.

Let's hear those low ball offers. Let's make it interesting, no players on the Jets are unavailable just some are much less likely to available. Creates bigger conversations and bigger possible deals (linked to Trouba). Quality for quality......don't bother offering a bunch of meh pieces for a great piece.....those posts never help a thread.

Less start by reminding people Jets aren't overly interested in picks as any main piece of a trade. Picks can be added as minor pluses to even out trades of course.

I'm bored and on holidays.....need something to read. Interested in Buff? Wheeler? Little? Laine? Ehlers? Other smaller pieces? Let's hear those crazy offers. Should include Trouba as part of package. Should be fun/amusing to read this.

I refuse to click on Eklund links...can you give a summary about his Leaf connection this time?:laugh:

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Further, Jets aren't in total rebuild mode, no fire sale....just retweeking alittle to fill needs and as per rumour possibly trade Trouba.

Not selling off all our vets or young players.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Freidmen said MAF to Winnipeg and Trouba to Pittsburgh so...it's a done dealeo.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Gardiner++ is probably the only thing that Toronto could offer.

Problem there is +++ mean almost nothing to us b/c a + is normally smaller and b/c our strong prospect pool. Gardiner is the not type of guy we need imo.

I see only one D and a few forwards of interest on the Leafs, rest are no need or no upgrade.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
what are the Jets needs, just LHD?

If Trouba goes we also need RHD.

We need expansion draft exempt D, so that means 1st or 2nd year pros or pre-pro prospects, 'A' prospects. Don't need borderline 3rd pair prospects or players. We have plenty of those already.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Freidmen said MAF to Winnipeg and Trouba to Pittsburgh so...it's a done dealeo.

Heard that one, imo that's a ******** trade by the Jets. If Chevy did that he should be fired the next day. Friedman is completely out to lunch on that one

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
What has changed since the summer? Morrissey came in and stole the 1LD spot from Enstrom, which was a blessing. Buff is still there, but Myers hasn't been healthy after the 10 first games (during which he was our best defenseman). Our prospect pool isn't producing difference makers for the blue line in the next two years at minimum. The biggest need, however, continues to be our current blue line. Prospects for Trouba won't cut it, unless you count Werenski or Provorov as rookies...

Expansion draft isn't an issue, when it comes to Trouba - he's being protected over Myers any day of the week. Morrissey is exempt, Buff and Enstrom have NMCs. What we can't do is to add a player who needs protecting, as we are out of protection slots with our current roster.

So, if Trouba goes, we still have a hole in our roster, but it being on the right side, it would be even more of a lateral trade for us. Plus, Trouba is better than before, so it would hurt much more. None of the three teams mentioned in the link have the kind of defenseman we need to get back, so you can rule all of them out.

Last edited:

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
If Trouba goes we also need RHD.

We need expansion draft exempt D, so that means 1st or 2nd year pros or pre-pro prospects, 'A' prospects. Don't need borderline 3rd pair prospects or players. We have plenty of those already.

Doesn't that sort of make any Trouba trade lateral?

What's the deal with Myers...is he just never going to play a full season again?

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
Are the jets needs unchanged from when the Trouba drama initially started?
If so, I don't see how the Wings can offer anything desirable without a 3rd team involved.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
If Trouba is traded to one of the 3 teams, none have ideal pieces or are available, it would mean Chevy does a 2nd trade to fill the need on D.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
Problem there is +++ mean almost nothing to us b/c a + is normally smaller and b/c our strong prospect pool. Gardiner is the not type of guy we need imo.

I see only one D and a few forwards of interest on the Leafs, rest are no need or no upgrade.

I guess I can assume who the 1D + 3F are which is a non-starter from Toronto.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
If so, I don't see how the Wings can offer anything desirable without a 3rd team involved.

Kinda or possibly.

Josh M stole the top 4 lhd position.

Unlikely Toby or Buff are moved b/c nmc.

Depends on Myers health really and likely hood of trouba resigning.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Being realist here, MAF would never agree to waive his NMC for a team that's not going anywhere this year. I only see MAF waiving for team that has a chance to win the cup this year. And that's not Winnipeg.

Agreed and Jets would never trade trouba for him

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Yeah supposedly this past summer, Detroit was trying to get a 3rd team involved for Trouba they said. One would assume Anaheim and possibly Fowler but the deal fell through probably Bob Murray not wanting to deal Fowler or something like that.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
As much as I'd like Trouba on the Leafs, I don't really see a trade that works for both sides. Leafs likely won't let go of Nylander/Marner which I feel the Jets would ask for.

And the Jets probably won't accept a Gardiner+Kapanen package which I could see being offered.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Being realist here, MAF would never agree to waive his NMC for a team that's not going anywhere this year. I only see MAF waiving for team that has a chance to win the cup this year. And that's not Winnipeg.

Oh so you know MAF's NTC list? Please list the teams if you could.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00