Speculation: Trouba/Laine

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Trouba won’t be staying in Winnipeg beyond next season so it could be in the Jets best interests to move him at this years draft if they can get back an RHD replacement.
I don’t see them moving him for a forward.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Lol

Legit first pair right handed d man is worth more than magic beans at the draft.

Whichever team traded for Trouba is a team he would be willing to sign long term with that goes without saying.

The 6th overall pick in another deep draft is magic beans, okay buddy.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Chevy should look to Florida who has a core ready to take the next step. Go after one of their good prospects and pick 13.

1 of Borgstrom, Heponiemi, Tippett.. and a 1st for Trouba who will love to sign in Florida.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Chevy should look to Florida who has a core ready to take the next step. Go after one of their good prospects and pick 13.

1 of Borgstrom, Heponiemi, Tippett.. and a 1st for Trouba who will love to sign in Florida.

That's essentially a top 10 pick + 13th.
Who has returned this much in a trade in the last couple years as a comparable?

If that's the price, FLA will look elsewhere.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Detroit gives:

Athanasiou (who plays center and is a 30 goal scorer and might be the fastest player in the NHL and still is under team control)+ Cholowski (good PMD prospect) and 35th overall.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Detroit gives:

Athanasiou (who plays center and is a 30 goal scorer and might be the fastest player in the NHL and still is under team control)+ Cholowski (good PMD prospect) and 35th overall.
For which one? Trouba or Laine?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Detroit gives:

No thanks.
Not moving Laine and if Trouba gets moved it creates a huge hole on the RD that will need to be filled, so he will be moved for an RD replacement, not a forward.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
No thanks.
Not moving Laine and if Trouba gets moved it creates a huge hole on the RD that will need to be filled, so he will be moved for an RD replacement, not a forward.
I know. I was just wondering which one he was offering for in interest of conversation. At least he is offering up a 2C instead of wingers.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

Trouba. Cholo might be left handed, but, he's going to be a very good defender, especially for anchoring a powerplay. Its going to be unlikely to get a right hander for a right hander. If a team already has a prospect that could fill that position, they aren't going to move it for a guy whose about to leave team control. So, with a 2nd line center, and the 2nd round pick the value lost of losing the right hander is made up in spades by replacing need at a different position, and a pick, along with a very good prospect.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Cato

Apr 22, 2019
As a Leaf fan I would have an interest in Jacob Trouba....

What are the Jets looking for right now? LD? C?
Trouba will not be playing in Canada. Nowhere. Jets need to figure out the 2nd line centre issue.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
No thanks.

You're not going to get a RD for an RD. Why would a team trade an equal RD? Its nonsensical, its just rearranging chairs. For your RD, you're getting a 2nd line center, a promising PMD prospect, and a pick. If you only want another Trouba for Trouba, you're going to be pretty disappointed if a real trade happens, because teams don't make those trades.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Trouba. Cholo might be left handed, but, he's going to be a very good defender, especially for anchoring a powerplay. Its going to be unlikely to get a right hander for a right hander. If a team already has a prospect that could fill that position, they aren't going to move it for a guy whose about to leave team control. So, with a 2nd line center, and the 2nd round pick the value lost of losing the right hander is made up in spades by replacing need at a different position, and a pick, along with a very good prospect.
I think it could be a good starting point. There may need to be some fiddling with picks and whatnot as the Jets need to protect themselves against Athanasiou leaving after a year or wanting a huge contract. I like AA and his speed. Is he a decent playmaker too, or just a shooter?

Good offer IMO, well done.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I think it could be a good starting point. There may need to be some fiddling with picks and whatnot as the Jets need to protect themselves against Athanasiou leaving after a year or wanting a huge contract. I like AA and his speed. Is he a decent playmaker too, or just a shooter?

Good offer IMO, well done.

When he slows his game down he can make some great passes. His biggest check against him is once he has the puck he wants to score. Not the worst thing in the world, but, I think with a better system he could be a 30+30 guy easily.

Bond

May 10, 2012
What does Laine get for his contract? Jets come in at 6 and he is at 9?

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
When he slows his game down he can make some great passes. His biggest check against him is once he has the puck he wants to score. Not the worst thing in the world, but, I think with a better system he could be a 30+30 guy easily.
Cool. It would be nice if he was a slick playmaker, but still. He at least has the speed to keep up with Ehlers and if he can get the puck to Laine...

It should be interesting this summer. I think Detroit would be pretty high up on Trouba's wish list.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
We really don't.

Yeah. Toronto is going to have 3 guys making north of 10 mil a year. 3 very very very good players but that's still a tough hit on the cap.

They do have a pretty open window though. For 3 years, they have some guys making way less than they should.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
You're not going to get a RD for an RD. Why would a team trade an equal RD? Its nonsensical, its just rearranging chairs. For your RD, you're getting a 2nd line center, a promising PMD prospect, and a pick. If you only want another Trouba for Trouba, you're going to be pretty disappointed if a real trade happens, because teams don't make those trades.

Now now, if they want RD they can have Bowey and the Wings will keep Cholo!:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad