Speculation: Trouba/Laine

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Could or would Detroit trade 6OA for Kyle Connor?

I want to keep the three wings.

Trouba is the one that goes, didn't seem motivated to play for the Jets this season. But I doubt he's worth a top-ten pick, but if he is then hallelujah.

Nah, Yzerman already made it clear he plans to continue building via the draft. However, given the circumstances regarding Trouba, I could see Yzerman trying to acquire him if the price isn't too crazy.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Laine should get a 1-3 year bridge.
Connor will get signed for 5-7 years.
GM will have to pick between Trouba and Myers (the better and more expensive player or the lesser, but cheaper player).
Perrault could fit on the wings of Edmonton.
Kulikov... no idea.. might have to retain on him a bit.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Nah, Yzerman already made it clear he plans to continue building via the draft. However, given the circumstances regarding Trouba, I could see Yzerman trying to acquire him if the price isn't too crazy.

Cholowski and the Wings highest 2nd rounder is about what the Jets can expect. It’s a fair deal as Cholowski is just about ready. Just needs to tighten up his game a little.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I think the Jets will bet on Laine with the possibility of him becoming a future superstar.

No way he is moved.
I'd trade Laine for Aho in a second. Aho had more assists than Laine has points

Not even mentioning that he also tied him in goals scored

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Cholowski and the Wings highest 2nd rounder is about what the Jets can expect. It’s a fair deal as Cholowski is just about ready. Just needs to tighten up his game a little.
That doesn't even get you in the game. No thanks.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
That doesn't even get you in the game. No thanks.

If Jets find a team willing to trade for Trouba that he'll sign with long term immediately then Wings would probably be out as the cost would be significant. If Trouba plays some hardball and won't sign right away, ala Karlsson, then Jets are trading him as a rental and obviously would get much less value. Be interesting to see how it plays out

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Your 2nd post on the site is a “interesting one”.

PS: No thx
I figured it was an overshoot cause Laine is that good and him and Malkin would be scary good. I also doubt Kessel wants to go back to Canada but I still think Trouba for Letang is something cause we have to shake up the core 4 and the jets need to upgrade Defense

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
We have talked enough to know what our trade proposals would be for him. Feel McDonagh's value would be similar and explained the breakdown of value of what he got in another thread, 2 late 1sts and two 2nd's which is equal to a 1st in the 10-15th range plus two 2nds or a 2nd and prospect. I'll admit I was wrong if you will too when/if he is traded.

The best outcome would be that we both have to come back here and admit we were wrong because Trouba has signed a long term extension with the Jets. I know, I know not likely, but...:)

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I could see Trouba for 6th overall.

Jets clear cap, gain a big name prospect that doesn't need to be protected and isn't too young for their core group.

ohnoeszz

May 5, 2010
So I've been thinking Vancouver would be an excellent trade partner if Trouba finds it an acceptable location. To that end Trouba would be the undisputed #1 RD, though who knows what his motives are.

Vancouver could offer Winnipeg some mix of:
Troy Stecher
Ben Hutton
Olli Juolevi
Jett Woo
Next year's 1st

A few packages I would consider from the Canucks end:

Stecher + Juolevi

Stecher + Woo + Next year's 1st

Stecher + #10 for Trouba

I think Stecher is an attractive piece for them as he's a quality RD with a low cost for one more year. I think he's a guy who could play 2nd or 3rd pair depending on how you structure the pairs.

What do Winnipeg fans think?

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
So I've been thinking Vancouver would be an excellent trade partner if Trouba finds it an acceptable location. To that end Trouba would be the undisputed #1 RD, though who knows what his motives are.

Vancouver could offer Winnipeg some mix of:
Troy Stecher
Ben Hutton
Olli Juolevi
Jett Woo
Next year's 1st

A few packages I would consider from the Canucks end:

Stecher + Juolevi

Stecher + Woo + Next year's 1st

Stecher + #10 for Trouba

I think Stecher is an attractive piece for them as he's a quality RD with a low cost for one more year. I think he's a guy who could play 2nd or 3rd pair depending on how you structure the pairs.

What do Winnipeg fans think?
Pass. Nothing of interest there.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
It would depend on what was added to the 6 OA.

Nothing will be added to the 6th overall pick. If Cozens and Bryam are gone if I am Detroit I would consider moving the 6th overall for Trouba.

If you think Trouba is going to get more than that when he is a year from free agency and doesn't want to sign with Winnipeg you are dreaming.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
The Jets are in a bit of a mess. They choked in the playoffs despite buying at the deadline again. Laine, Connor have to be paid. Trouba is a wild card, their goalie is overpaid and is usually outplayed by opposing goalies in big games. They stuck with their coach and now all the good ones are gone. They are gonna be in salary cap trouble.

I may get some flack for this but last year's run to the 3rd round may be their peak. They don't really have any prospects coming up and will be losing some current roster players.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
There’s absolutely no situation or scenario where trading a generational scorer like Laine makes sense. Zero.

Lock Laine up long term and bridge Connor.

Trouba is really the wild card in the whole off season for the Jets...if he indeed wants out then chevy needs to do his best to get a Trouba replacement. No picks or prospects those aren’t useful to a team that’s in the middle of their window. It will be a hockey trade.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Laine is 100% staying. I could see one of Connor or Trouba being moved, although I hope we can squeeze them both in somehow. Maybe we can trade Kulikov or Perreault, or Little (only if we get another 2C though).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad