Eklund Rumor: Trouba for Krug, prospects AND picks?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Well, we do have confirmation from one of our insiders that the Jets and Bruins are talking. As far as what the specifics are, it's anyone's guess. I'm sure the Jets do want Krug because it makes sense for them. I don't think it makes sense for the Bruins. Trouba is a good, young player and he'll get back a good haul; I just don't think the Bruins are willing to pull the trigger on a deal that involves young players leaving right now, even if it does involve someone like Trouba. I don't remember the full quote, but the Bruins have admitted privately that they are tired of seeing their young talent sprinkled around the league, which would make a deal involving their younger players hard. It's hard to see a deal getting done between the two clubs unless one of the parties lowers their demands or a third team comes in.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Krug-Buff
Morrisey/Enstrom-Myers

Thats a deadly top 4

Deadly?

Yea, no its not. Good offensive upside, but any combination of that top 4D would get murdered in the playoffs by elite teams.

Not a single legit shutdown dman in there. Buff is a force, but far from a shutdown defender, he routinely is exposed defensively and was highlighted during the world cup. His big upside is play in the offensive zone and physical play. He often takes really dumb penalties and gets caught out of position and losing his coverage OFTEN

Myers in the same boat. A little more steady defensively but he will not thrive trying to shutdown other teams top lines

Morrisey/Enstrom/Krug dont have anything close to the chops to be very steady shutdown guys

Speed Shooter

Fly. Don't look, just fly.
Jul 6, 2010
God's Country
Well, we do have confirmation from one of our insiders that the Jets and Bruins are talking. As far as what the specifics are, it's anyone's guess. I'm sure the Jets do want Krug because it makes sense for them. I don't think it makes sense for the Bruins. Trouba is a good, young player and he'll get back a good haul; I just don't think the Bruins are willing to pull the trigger on a deal that involves young players leaving right now, even if it does involve someone like Trouba. I don't remember the full quote, but the Bruins have admitted privately that they are tired of seeing their young talent sprinkled around the league, which would make a deal involving their younger players hard. It's hard to see a deal getting done between the two clubs unless one of the parties lowers their demands or a third team comes in.

Who confirmed that?

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Deadly?

Yea, no its not. Good offensive upside, but any combination of that top 4D would get murdered in the playoffs by elite teams.

Not a single legit shutdown dman in there. Buff is a force, but far from a shutdown defender, he routinely is exposed defensively and was highlighted during the world cup. His big upside is play in the offensive zone and physical play. He often takes really dumb penalties and gets caught out of position and losing his coverage OFTEN

Myers in the same boat. A little more steady defensively but he will not thrive trying to shutdown other teams top lines

Morrisey/Enstrom/Krug dont have anything close to the chops to be very steady shutdown guys

Marc Staal , LH shut down defenseman and highly touted prospect Buchnevich for Trouba

copernicanrevolution

Apr 30, 2009
Atlanta
+1

Doubt the Jets would have much interest in Krug as a return, frankly. Josh Morrissey has been pretty much outstanding in the preseason; he is ready to fill the open spot.

Morrisey is likely going to be good, but I think projecting him to be ready for a top pairing or even top 4 role based on his AHL time and a few preseason games is pretty optimistic. I'd be much happier if the Jets had another good presence on the left side.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Morrisey is likely going to be good, but I think projecting him to be ready for a top pairing or even top 4 role based on his AHL time and a few preseason games is pretty optimistic. I'd be much happier if the Jets had another good presence on the left side.

Morrissey is good enough though, now. Have you seen him play? He arguably has probably already earned a spot in the lineup on opening night. His skating is at an exceptional level and gets him out of trouble. He is a great puck mover and offers both offensive and defensive skill. No sense in wasting the return on Trouba (if they trade him) on an undersized guy like Krug.

snake schneibler

May 4, 2016
maybe the Jets would be better served trading picks/prospects for Fowler, which frees up cap space for them. then just sell Trouba to the highest bidder regardless of position

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Marc Staal , LH shut down defenseman and highly touted prospect Buchnevich for Trouba

No to Marc, zero interest in him. Pavel isn't needed with our forward group and prospect log jam.

tornado24

Jan 8, 2014
Winnipeg
I hope not.

Winnipeg doesn't need another offensive defencemen- undersized to boot.

I agree BROC. The Jets biggest need is an actual defensive defenseman that can shut guys down in the defensive zone. This was the thought of putting Trouba on the left side with Buff. And besides if they trade Trouba for Krug there will need to be major modifications to MTS Centre as the ice will be severely slopped to the right side with Buff, Myers, and RHD stiff of choice on one side and a trio of midgets on the left side (Enstrom, Morrisey, Krug)

copernicanrevolution

Apr 30, 2009
Atlanta
Morrissey is good enough though, now. Have you seen him play? He arguably has probably already earned a spot in the lineup on opening night. His skating is at an exceptional level and gets him out of trouble. He is a great puck mover and offers both offensive and defensive skill. No sense in wasting the return on Trouba (if they trade him) on an undersized guy like Krug.

I have. I agree, he has all the tools to be a good NHL'er. Is he ready for a top pairing role right now or a heavily utilized top 4? I think that's a lot to ask in his first year. I'm also not terribly concerned about size. If we have a small team that scores a lot... I'm pretty fine with this.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

So if a LD isn't required as part of the return because of Morrissey, WPG would be interested in best return possible regardless of position possibly?

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Do jets fans think the price for trouba will fall if he remains unsigned as the season starts and the return that they want isn't presenting itself. I'm not trying to low ball jets fans but if 29 other gms know that trouba isn't going to suit up for Winnipeg and that he has to be traded, won't those gms all come in under what the jets gm is asking for?

Using dougie Hamilton for example, I think the Bruins knew there was no way he was signing in Boston and when they realized that they traded him quickly knowing they wanted immediate draft capital in return. They got a decent package I guess with 1 1st and 2 2nds all in one draft. For a team with a less than stellar farm system at the time and a recent history of trading talent for NHL talent skewing heavily to Dallas, draft picks were what they wanted.

They probably didn't get enough for his age, production, ceiling etc, but they got maybe 50% of his value. I would have thought maybe 2 1sts, a 2nd and Emile poirier would have been 100% hamiltons value.

So right now if troubas demanded return is at 100%, call it krug, a 2nd and spooner or something, what is 50%? And will Winnipeg trade him for 50 cents on the dollar when push comes to shove? I'm not asking if you want that. Obviously you don't. Just like I didn't want that for Hamilton. I'm asking is it possible

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Do jets fans think the price for trouba will fall if he remains unsigned as the season starts and the return that they want isn't presenting itself. I'm not trying to low ball jets fans but if 29 other gms know that trouba isn't going to suit up for Winnipeg and that he has to be traded, won't those gms all come in under what the jets gm is asking for?

Using dougie Hamilton for example, I think the Bruins knew there was no way he was signing in Boston and when they realized that they traded him quickly knowing they wanted immediate draft capital in return. They got a decent package I guess with 1 1st and 2 2nds all in one draft. For a team with a less than stellar farm system at the time and a recent history of trading talent for NHL talent skewing heavily to Dallas, draft picks were what they wanted.

They probably didn't get enough for his age, production, ceiling etc, but they got maybe 50% of his value. I would have thought maybe 2 1sts, a 2nd and Emile poirier would have been 100% hamiltons value.

So right now if troubas demanded return is at 100%, call it krug, a 2nd and spooner or something, what is 50%? And will Winnipeg trade him for 50 cents on the dollar when push comes to shove? I'm not asking if you want that. Obviously you don't. Just like I didn't want that for Hamilton. I'm asking is it possible

No. It is not possible. Chevy is good at what he does and won't get ripped off by making a panic move like the Bruins did with Hamilton.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

If there are 29 GM's looking at acquiring Trouba, then that's 29 bidders. That would be the absolute ideal situation for the Jets. Can/Will Trouba's value drop. Absolutely. He still isn't getting traded until the Jets get what they want. Now....what the Jets want can fluctuate as well depending on how things play out. I know RHD are a hot commodity and the Jets hold all the cards in this situation so playing it slow could very much work out in their favor.

Heck, a couple of injuries could happen as the season starts and his value could skyrocket. Will that happen, more than likely not. Point being the situation is completely fluid and the Jets hold all the cards.

Using dougie Hamilton for example, I think the Bruins knew there was no way he was signing in Boston and when they realized that they traded him quickly knowing they wanted immediate draft capital in return. They got a decent package I guess with 1 1st and 2 2nds all in one draft. For a team with a less than stellar farm system at the time and a recent history of trading talent for NHL talent skewing heavily to Dallas, draft picks were what they wanted. They probably didn't get enough for his age, production, ceiling etc, but they got maybe 50% of his value. I would have thought maybe 2 1sts, a 2nd and Emile poirier would have been 100% hamiltons value.

The Bruins got what they wanted out of that deal. I believe they were also under the gun as an offer sheet was a very realistic possibility. Not so much in Troubas case as the Jets either get 4 1sts or they just match the offer.

They may trade him at 50% at some point if they believe they are in a bind. I believe that his value hitting 50% is a long ways away though. Chevy is a patient man.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Yup Krug straight up 1 for 1 for Trouba is a fair offer, Don't see Boston having to add pretty sure that Krug's value is every bit as high as Trouba's swap 2 Detroit kids for one another. Should be a good deal for both Cheveldayoff and Sweeney though i think that Cheveldayoff gets slightly better return here.

Count me in as this being fair & doable
As for those saying Trouba's highest point totals as 30 just remember
his normal partner ....and who he is :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad