Eklund Rumor: Trouba for Krug, prospects AND picks?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Trouba for Krug, Lauzon, 2017 1st round pick. Anything less than that- No Deal
No deal because the Bruins politely decline. You are not accounting for Bruins' LD depth if both Krug and Lauzon are traded.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Well the rumor is Krug + prospect + pick(s), not sure how it got turned around in here to being Trouba + for some posters... Trouba is more valuable hense the + coming along with Krug. I think it's a deal that could make sense, I have a feeling that Boston may also be targeting Fowler, and may get him below market value due to the Ducks cap crunch. I see somthig along the lines of Krug + Zboril/Morrow/Carlo/Mcvoy and the pick being anywhere from 1st - 4th (depending on the prospect) for Trouba + Burmistrov/Lowry (could be used as a trade bait with ANA) and maybe a pick.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
If the Bruins can some how pull a lesser deal for Fowler, I'd move Krug for Trouba.

Krug is better than Fowler IMO, but having Trouba and Fowler is better than having just Krug.

That said, I can see the Bruins valuing Krug more than Winnipeg would... making it fairly difficult to come to an agreement. Krug w/contract is much more valuable than Trouba without. Winnipeg has to know this, too.

(note, if we can acquire Trouba without Krug, I'm all for it, but that seems like the best fit right now)

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
If the Bruins can some how pull a lesser deal for Fowler, I'd move Krug for Trouba.

Krug is better than Fowler IMO, but having Trouba and Fowler is better than having just Krug.

That said, I can see the Bruins valuing Krug more than Winnipeg would... making it fairly difficult to come to an agreement. Krug w/contract is much more valuable than Trouba without. Winnipeg has to know this, too.

(note, if we can acquire Trouba without Krug, I'm all for it, but that seems like the best fit right now)
If the rumors are true that Trouba wanted out in May, then that was the time to trade Krug for Trouba as both would be RFAs. But Krug is signed because Sweeney thinks Krug is an important piece to this team. Signing a player to a somewhat long-term deal and then trading him a few months later is GM suicide. Players around the league will notice that and avoid the Bruins if that's how they do business.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I never could see why a team with a similar player would swap him for the same thing but that same thing is holding out?
What's the incentive?

I mean I get the rationale that some Jets fans are using: Hey he's a good young Dman but we are stacked on the rightside. If we could deal him for the same exact player but just lefthanded, that would be great.

But you are dealing with a limited number of those, and teams that have them don't really have a reason to just swap them out to help the Jets out.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
If the rumors are true that Trouba wanted out in May, then that was the time to trade Krug for Trouba as both would be RFAs. But Krug is signed because Sweeney thinks Krug is an important piece to this team. Signing a player to a somewhat long-term deal and then trading him a few months later is GM suicide. Players around the league will notice that and avoid the Bruins if that's how they do business.

Bruins start winning again, players will notice that much more than trading a recently signed RFA. Just my opinion, but players ON the Bruins will notice their GM making the right moves IF they start winning.

(I'm not saying they SHOULD do that, but IF the Bruins end up a better team short or long term, it's the right move.) And teams that win, will never have a problem finding players to play for them.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Make the 1st this years. Mcavoy. Give them dano/petan with trouba.
It'd be great if the Jets could get a 25yr old 50pt top 4 LD signed at $5.25M for 4yrs, a 1st round pick, and a prospect who may turn out to be just as good if not better than Trouba, for Trouba who is not signed and most likely cost more than Krug, and a forward prospect the Bruins don't need. The Bruins get bent.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Seems like an interesting trade. Trouba and Krug feel like similar on ice values today. However, Krug is slightly older and controlled for roughly what I expect Trouba to make for the next 4 years. While ultimately I'd prefer to keep Trouba since we already have Byfuglien and Myers as solid offensive dmen adding Krug may seem... redundant? Personally I feel Hamonic would fit in better as a replacement than Krug, but I think that ship has sailed.

Anyways, if it's Krug coming back for Trouba, Boston maybe adds a mid-late pick? I don't think the value is as far off one for one as their play styles.

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
Bruins are not trading their only good young NHL level D for another D. Especially not the one who helped them fix the atrocious PP they had for years before him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If Chevy can get Krug & Zboril he should run to the phone. Krug brings a lot to the table and watching Zboril live earlier this week and at DC he's smooth and just needs experience

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I could see Boston doing Krug and a pick for Trouba, If they can first get Fowler.

Spooner++ for Fowler ... issue being Spooner is a RFA next year
Krug+ for Trouba

Last edited:

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
The fact that this is not actually a rumour aside, the premise of the trade is actually pretty sound.

I could see this happening.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
As a Jets fan I could be happy with Krug+ for Trouba. Really depends on what the plus is though.

IMO the most reasonable trade offers I've posted for Trouba since the start are:

Krug +

Or

Gardiner +

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Overpayment by Boston. I'd love Trouba to be a Bruins and I'm aware of what it would take, but trading Krug+ makes no sense.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The fact that this is not actually a rumour aside, the premise of the trade is actually pretty sound.

I could see this happening.

Actually it's not sound at all.

The Bruins just signed Krug to a new contract this offseason.
The Bruins need to add 2 dmen. Trading 1 for 1 isn't adding any.

What's sound for the Bruins would be to find a team (say Anaheim) looking to trade a D for Fs or picks or prospects.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Trouba > Krug ( long term) but still a 1 for 1 deal. The gap is not big enough to be adding on either side.

When was the last time an Eklund rumour actually happened?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad