Eklund Rumor: Trouba for Krug, prospects AND picks?

Weast

May 16, 2011
Krug-Buff
Morrisey/Enstrom-Myers

Thats a deadly top 4

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
While a Krug for Trouba deal does make some sense for both teams, It's a lateral move at best for Boston sure they get better on the right side while depleting the left side and Krug is a 40 point D man Trouba's best year is 30 points. I don't see how Boston gets better with Trouba while losing Krug it's a lateral move at best. And seeing that it's an Eklund rumor once again take it with a grain of salt.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
id honestly prefer Krug over Trouba on Winnipeg any day with their group of forwards, and if they can add prospects and picks to it too, id be even more amazed by Chevy's trade ability

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
While a Krug for Trouba deal does make some sense for both teams, It's a lateral move at best for Boston sure they get better on the right side while depleting the left side and Krug is a 40 point D man Trouba's best year is 30 points. I don't see how Boston gets better with Trouba while losing Krug it's a lateral move at best. And seeing that it's an Eklund rumor once again take it with a grain of salt.

COMPLETELY agree

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I'd rather think that Cheveldayoff wants the highest quality they can get, so no quantity picks or prospects coming back.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I'd rather think that Cheveldayoff wants the highest quality they can get, so no quantity picks or prospects coming back.

That's nice and all, but I'd think that Cheveldayoff knows that nobody is going to give him 1 equal player. Not happening.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

That's if you think Trouba is what he is. The whole reason Trouba is asking for a trade is because he doesn't think he has a shot at being better in Winnipeg.

Krug is an undersized offensive defenseman. Not that they're easy to replace, they're just more prevalent than a good right shot defenseman.

Flip Krug for Trouba, sign Russell for a year. What's wrong with that?

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
BOS should not do this as they are giving up too much for a player and just mailing their left side weak

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Krug may be better offensively, but he's not going to be able to handle tough D minutes and assignments like Trouba will be able to. Let's not forget that there is more to a defensemens worth than points.

A deal around these two players does make some sense and even if it doesn't, Sweeney doesn't always make sense lol

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

Krug would be a good one in my books. He's a bit older than the defensemen that we would want back, but Krug is not too old by any means.

It's a shame that it's from Eklund... I would have liked this. The downside is that Krug does not represent the type of defenseman that Trouba did, but you can't have it all. It hurts especially when the PK was already awful last year.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't see why Boston would add here. Just like the Subban-Weber trade, insist on a 1-for-1 trade.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
That's if you think Trouba is what he is. The whole reason Trouba is asking for a trade is because he doesn't think he has a shot at being better.

Krug is an undersized offensive defenseman. Not that they're easy to replace, they're just more prevalent than a good right shot defenseman.

Flip Krug for Trouba, sign Russell for a year. What's wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that, Other then Boston is losing a 40 point D man in Krug. Where Trouba might give you slightly more then 20 points per season Krug offensively is far better then Trouba but Boston adding Trouba would be adding size that they could use other then Chara there's not much size there in Boston. Honestly a Krug for Trouba swap would benefit both teams. Krug in Winnipeg would be dangerous and Trouba in Boston would be solid for the Bs.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Id definitely do a 1 for 1 deal involving them. Any type of add what so ever that Jets possibly gets is a bonus. Even if Chevy can get a 4th rounder added or something, its a bonus.

IMO this is a very doable trade

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yup Krug straight up 1 for 1 for Trouba is a fair offer, Don't see Boston having to add pretty sure that Krug's value is every bit as high as Trouba's swap 2 Detroit kids for one another. Should be a good deal for both Cheveldayoff and Sweeney though i think that Cheveldayoff gets slightly better return here.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Take a hike Eklund.

Trouba isn't worth Krug+. Plus the deal doesn't help Boston's needs (which is D since it's swapping one D man for another)

The only way the Bruins trade for a d-man is if it's for futures/forward prospects, neither of which the Jets likely want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad