Proposal: Trouba for Bouchard

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
You're missing the point cause you are arguing over his value signed long term which 1) he can't even be signed until a year from now and 2) Edmonton can't afford unless they send some cap dumps (yes, plural of Lucic, Russell, Sekera). Edmonton has $17m in cap space lined up for next year with 10 roster spots needing to be signed, 5 current RFA and 2 goalies including their starter who will get a raise. Trouba to Edmonton makes zero sense. It's not "reasonable" to ask for *Edmonton's* top prospect. Ask a different team and the answer will be different.
You must be thinking I'm someone else because you aren't making any sense in the context of my posts.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
*if you make the sample size reeeealllyyy teeny tiny and squint real hard*

Makes me wonder what you saw in the other seasons that you didn’t like.
He wasn't in a 1RD role at 19-21. It's like comparing Scheifele or Draisaitl in their infancy to what they are today.

Reactions: Snowman

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Mark Stuart. Trouba is a number 1 RHD on a team with Buff and Myers. 2 guys who are #1 RHDs on lots of teams in the league.

Shouldn’t a true #1 be able to take a weak partner and drag him to acceptable results? People want Draisaitl to put up 90 points with traffic cones before they’d call him a 1C.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Shouldn’t a true #1 be able to take a weak partner and drag him to acceptable results? People want Draisaitl to put up 90 points with traffic cones before they’d call him a 1C.

Pretty obvious you have no idea how much of an anchor mark Stuart was. You are talking about a team who have 2 number 1 RHDs and a damn good #2 in Myers. All 3 are better than all your RHD whether you accept it or not .

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Pretty obvious you have no idea how much of an anchor mark Stuart was. You are talking about a team who have 2 number 1 RHDs and a damn good #2 in Myers. All 3 are better than all your RHD whether you accept it or not .

A ‘number one RHD’ and a true number one defenceman are not the same thing and you know it. He’s not a #1 defenceman.

Draisaitl got stuck with Lucic for f*** sake, if you wanna talk anchors.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You think Trouba is going to get a contract in the line of the skill of Carlson or OEL, etc but you won’t trade Bouchard for him? Wow.
This is the first post in regards to that, no? I think what I said makes perfect sense as for why they wouldn’t trade Bouchard for Trouba.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
IMO Trouba would be the #1 on:

ARI, BOS, BUF, CHI, COL, DET, EDM, FLA, MTL, NJD, NYI, NYR, PIT, VAN, VGK, WSH, and his own team WPG.

I think you may have sent OEL, Byfuglien, Carlson, Weber (when healthy) and Letang (again when healthy) to the shadow realm to arrive at that conclusion. Charlie McAvoy might be better as well.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I think you may have sent OEL, Byfuglien, Carlson, Weber (when healthy) and Letang (again when healthy) to the shadow realm to arrive at that conclusion. Charlie McAvoy might be better as well.
Letang and McAvoy were the only ones I really considered out of those. And kinda OEL. Also Weber isn’t even the best dman on his own team, Jeff Petry is.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Letang and McAvoy were the only ones I really considered out of those. And kinda OEL. Also Weber isn’t even the best dman on his own team, Jeff Petry is.

No he’s not. Weber is old and broken and signed until the heat death of the universe but he is still a hell of a defenceman.

Carlson was the clear cut, legitimate #1 defenceman on a Cup champion and had damn near 70 points. If you didn’t have Dallas on your list because of Klingberg, Washington shouldn’t be there either.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You think Trouba is going to get a contract in the line of the skill of Carlson or OEL, etc but you won’t trade Bouchard for him? Wow.

And that’s fine if that’s the point you want to start from. I get that. But to say a fair contract for Trouba is 8 million which is to say he fits in at a Carlson/ OEL skill level (his estimation not mine) and then say Bouchard wouldn’t be a reasonable ask from an Oiler point of view seems a little off to me.

I was replying to a poster who said Trouba would get a long term 8 million dollar contract with the Oilers.

And it’s 2 years and he can walk.

I think you should re read what was said.

Holy cow. My post was based on value given to Trouba being worth 8 million as the other poster stated. You give up Bouchard all day for that level of player who equates to Carlson or OEL.

You must be thinking I'm someone else because you aren't making any sense in the context of my posts.

Some how I doubt retyping will help you. Go read it yourself.
Here you are questioning how Bouchard is an unreasonable ask because a poster said they think he will sign long term at $8m. I merely explained to you why $8m/yr wouldn’t work. You even stated you give up Bouchard all day for a player like OEL/Carlson (implying that Trouba is equal based on cap in this situation), except I already explained to you that Edmonton cannot fit such a big cap hit without salary dumps going the other way.

Please explain your context that I’m missing.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Is drai even a center or does he still have to ride on the coat tails if mcdavid still. Most teams he would be a #3 center.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Is drai even a center or does he still have to ride on the coat tails if mcdavid still. Most teams he would be a #3 center.

Now that's one hell of a hot take, completely disregarding the border of 'the absurd' and just smashing head-first right through it. Well done.

I believe he played center for about 50% of his minutes previous season, if I remember correctly, or fairly close to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Now that's one hell of a hot take, forgetting about the border of the absurd and just smashing head-first right through it. Well done.

I believe he played center for about 50% of his minutes previous season, if I remember correctly, or fairly close to that.
So you are saying he didn't ride the coat tails of mcdavid?

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo

Anyone as skilled as he will put up points with McDavid. He also produces well on his own when given wingers with any skill, which he usually doesn't, and basically didn't last season, but even with that his production was better than I would expect for a guy as young as he is. He's not a McDavid or a superstar, and no one is claiming he is. But he's a damn good, young player that any team would love to have, and I think most would gladly have him as at least their #2 center. I think it's absurd to think otherwise.

What is your reasoning for labeling him a 3rd line center? Because he scores some points with McDavid? I guess every player who has played and will ever play with McDavid is just 'riding his coat tails' by your reasoning? You don't see that as flawed logic?

Why don't you start a poll if you're so sure? Ask in the poll if people think he's a #1, 2, 3, or 4th line center. I bet you wont for reasons obvious.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

[MOD]

Dude you’re not even responding to posts now.

Draisaitl produced at a 64 point pace (almost all at even strength) without McDavid (meaning the likes of Strome/Lucic/Khaira/Caggiula) last year.

So no, he didn’t ride anyone’s coattails.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
An elite dman prospect (best outside of Dahlin in ten years) for 3rd pairing dman. Jets fans are hilarious
you cant be serious here?? ...oh, you are?? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

as for OP...
1- cap says EDM can't do it
2-if Trouba would be willing to negotiate what he's really worth with the Oilers, it could be a go
...no go from the Oilers

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
you cant be serious here?? ...oh, you are?? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

as for OP...
1- cap says EDM can't do it
2-if Trouba would be willing to negotiate what he's really worth with the Oilers, it could be a go
...no go from the Oilers

Here's another golden nugget from that guy recently:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/148508325/

Or if you don't to click, here was his own special hot take (of which there are many):
"Bouchard is elite. I wouldn’t trade dahlin for him. THE OIL CHANGE IS REAL"

Think you can infer that he meant he wouldn't trade him for Dahlin. Doesn't make sense the way he worded it otherwise. Or he's just playing games.
So yeah, not sure I'd take him too seriously (if at all).

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Trouba isn't a #1, do Jets fans believe he is?
Yes, many fans do.

They have tons of statistical analyses that have been presented on the team boards illustrating why he fits that role.

From a less statistical perspective, fans watched him pair with Morrissey as a top pairing to shut down other teams' top lines, on a team that had 114 points and went to the Conference final. So many fans are perfectly comfortable with him as a #1 going forward.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
*old man yells at cloud.gif*

Dude you’re not even responding to posts now.

Draisaitl produced at a 64 point pace (almost all at even strength) without McDavid (meaning the likes of Strome/Lucic/Khaira/Caggiula) last year.

So no, he didn’t ride anyone’s coattails.
Wasn't there a whole thread where Oiler fans were trying to prove Draisaitl played more on his own than with McDavid and couldn't do it? All the stats still showed that he was only really productive with McDavid. So, that thread proved Draisaitl still does ride McDavid's coattails.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
*if you make the sample size reeeealllyyy teeny tiny, make it points per 60 instead of points per game, don’t think it’s a negative that he clearly misses the net a ton and squint real hard*

Makes me wonder what you saw in the other seasons that you didn’t like.
Sample size was 2 full seasons. That's not small.

Points per 60 is perfectly reasonable, because it measures productivity rate. Ice time depends on other players. If he was on a team like Edmonton with a very thin right D, instead of the Jets with Buff and Myers also on RD, you can bet he'd have way more ice time.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Depends on how much value you place on defending. He is elite in that area, while producing at a high rate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad