Proposal: Trouba for Bouchard

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
The 8 million comes from what he's asking for (whether that happens or not) not what the Oilers should throw at him.
Players ask for crazy numbers all the time. It’s called negotiating. As I said previously we heard all sorts of rumors this year of RFAs asking for crazy money. I don’t think any of them got it. Trouba will get market value just like 95% of contracts out there.

Reactions: Jets2point0

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Threads suggesting trading Trouba to Canadian teams always result in posts saying he only wants to sign with a USA based team.
They are right to a degree. If Trouba was to sign with a Canadian team the odds favor the only 1 with a good chance of winning the SC within the next year or 2. :)

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
The poll pretty much exactly proved my point - that no one on this site outside of Jets fans thinks he’s a #1.

I said he was a 2/3. Guess what? Looks like everyone else does too. I even went into more detail saying he’s probably 40-50 on my list of defencemen, a 2 on most teams, only being a three on very deep defences - but that wasn’t good enough for some of you, was it?

Someone’s got egg on their face with the poll results but it isn’t me.
You're not very good with numbers are you? You tried to paint Trouba as a #3 and back it up with a poll.

The poll clearly showed you are indisputably wrong with 86% picking Trouba as a top pairing defenseman with more leaning to Trouba being a #1 than a #3 as you contended. Which is exactly what Jets fans have stated.

I guess you're going with the old physics saying. "If the data doesn't support the desired conclusion, discard the data." You are doing a very good job at backpedaling and dodging the issue though. You did the same thing when you couldn't prove Draisaitl played more at center than at McDavid's wing. You just started backpedaling and dodging. You should take up boxing!

Reactions: Flyerfan52

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
He, along with me said Trouba is a 2/3. The poll clearly reinforces that seeing as how #2 and #3 got more votes, and how pretty much the only people voting #1 are Jets fans.

Here's a tip since you seem to be struggling with understanding numbers. A higher number means more people picked it. More people picked Trouba as a #1 than those that picked him as a #3. Even with the Oiler homer votes being the only ones putting him as a 3. So, more people agree with Jets fans than Oiler homers.

See numbers aren't so hard once you understand the basics!

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
I
You're not very good with numbers are you? You tried to paint Trouba as a #3 and back it up with a poll.

The poll clearly showed you are indisputably wrong with 86% picking Trouba as a top pairing defenseman with more leaning to Trouba being a #1 than a #3 as you contended. Which is exactly what Jets fans have stated.

I guess you're going with the old physics saying. "If the data doesn't support the desired conclusion, discard the data." You are doing a very good job at backpedaling and dodging the issue though. You did the same thing when you couldn't prove Draisaitl played more at center than at McDavid's wing. You just started backpedaling and dodging. You should take up boxing!
I could care less about the trouba argument. But if you think draisaitl played more wing with mcdavid then centre by himself 5 on 5 then you are liar which has been proven many times with multiple sites and factual data. Just like chaotic mentioned in previous posts all the posters, like you, disappeared like ******* when your posts got absolutely shredded. I even replied and called posters out with no response.
I apologize to the other posters here who have to listen about drai in a trouba thread. It just pisses me off when people like this run and hide from original discussions when they are proven wrong and then beak about it in other threads.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Here's a tip since you seem to be struggling with understanding numbers. A higher number means more people picked it. More people picked Trouba as a #1 than those that picked him as a #3. Even with the Oiler homer votes being the only ones putting him as a 3. So, more people agree with Jets fans than Oiler homers.

See numbers aren't so hard once you understand the basics!
Seems like you don't understand numbers either. Or have the ability to read. I said he's a 2/3. See how that also includes 2. Also, #2 was the most popular choice in the poll. Foh.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Seems like you don't understand numbers either. Or have the ability to read. I said he's a 2/3. See how that also includes 2. Also, #2 was the most popular choice in the poll. Foh.
At least you are admitting you were wrong trying to paint him as a #3.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
At least you are admitting you were wrong trying to paint him as a #3.
I will standby that I said he's a #2 or #3. Do you really think he'd be the #2 on Nashville or Tampa or Columbus or even Carolina, maybe even Anaheim. Trouba is a #3 on a few teams.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I will standby that I said he's a #2 or #3. Do you really think he'd be the #2 on Nashville or Tampa or Columbus or even Carolina, maybe even Anaheim. Trouba is a #3 on a few teams.
Now everyone knows that is a silly argument. Using that criteria would make Nurse a bottom pairing defenseman, as he would be that on the Jets, Canes, Preds, Lighting, Jackets and probably many others.

Using actual stats both normal and advanced rank Trouba firmly as a top pairing defenseman getting very close to a #1 defenseman as Jets fans have stated and proven in this thread.

Only truly biased fans who have a blind hatred for a player can look at the facts and still choose to disregard them and rank Trouba anything other than top pairing.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I don't see why both teams would be motivated to make the trade. Jets are in win mode now, so they can use Trouba for his two years of Jets control to "go for it". I don't understand why folks are so panicked about Trouba leaving as a UFA in two seasons. UFAs come and go all the time.
Would Trouba really help the Oilers THAT much. Time for Oilers to develop a cost controlled Dman.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I personally think Trouba came into the league as one of those 'sexy' prospects with all the tools and has been clinging to it ever since. He's certainly not what he's hyped up to be by lots on this board, that's my opinion. Regardless of what you think of him clearly the Oilers are not trading Bouchard for a guy who may not sign in Winnipeg.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

You’re doing a great job at only seeing what you want to see, Olaf, despite evidence to the contrary. I bet you’re great at peek a boo. I said he was a 2/3. Repeatedly. I said he was top 40/50 in the NHL. Repeatedly the only thing that certain thin skinned narcissists can’t deal with is me saying he is not a #1, and on that front Looks like about 85% of HF agrees with me. Hilarious that you’re trying to paint that as somehow me receiving my comeuppance when it’s just reinforcing what I said - the only people that think he’s a #1 are Jets fans.

Draisaitl was on pace for 64 points without McDavid last season. I wonder how Scheifele would do with Lucic and Caggiula? Or is Wheeler good enough to make an impact with Ryan Strome as his centre?

You know everything you say about Draisaitl benefiting from a good linemate you can apply to the Jets, right? Some of your ‘elite’ players even get TWO good linemates. That must be something special.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I personally think Trouba came into the league as one of those 'sexy' prospects with all the tools and has been clinging to it ever since. He's certainly not what he's hyped up to be by lots on this board, that's my opinion. Regardless of what you think of him clearly the Oilers are not trading Bouchard for a guy who may not sign in Winnipeg.
So basically you have decided to ignore his performance? Stats have been very good, and played well on the top shutdown pair of one of the NHLs best teams.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

I think if the Oilers could get Trouba for Bouchard straight up they would jump at the chance. It is a deal that immediately makes the Oilers a better team. Edmonton would still have 2 years to get him signed to a long term contract and, worse case, could trade him at the 2020 trade deadline for a significant return (see TB deal for McDonagh as an example).

Reactions: Snowman

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I think if the Oilers could get Trouba for Bouchard straight up they would jump at the chance. It is a deal that immediately makes the Oilers a better team. Edmonton would still have 2 years to get him signed to a long term contract and, worse case, could trade him at the 2020 trade deadline for a significant return (see TB deal for McDonagh as an example).
They absolutely would not. They were thrilled when Bouchard slid to them because he is everything the Oilers have needed for numerous years now. I'm not even convinced they would move him for Trouba signed long term. They're difference types of players, and Bouchard's style fits to a tee.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Can you support this with a link to anywhere other than this website? As far as I'm aware, the only credible indication we have of his perception of his value is that he asked an arbitrator to award him $7 million. This suggests he believes his salary should fall under that mark. The Jets asked the arbitrator for a $4 million salary. They certainly believe he's worth more than that. Both parties come into this process knowing that the arbitrator will most likely split the difference, which is precisely what happened.

This website is an echo chamber. Someone exaggerated by saying $8m once in a thread, and the number got repeated enough that people just accepted it without asking for evidence. I follow the Jets fairly closely and I've never seen that number anywhere but here.

Perhaps, and yes I am just going off what was reported here, but if he's asking for 7 million through arbitration that doesn't necessarily mean Trouba believes it should fall below that salary mark. The arbitration isn't a long term contract. Either way, no, I don't have anywhere to support that other than what was already posted here.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Threads suggesting trading Trouba to Canadian teams always result in posts saying he only wants to sign with a USA based team.
They are right to a degree. If Trouba was to sign with a Canadian team the odds favor the only 1 with a good chance of winning the SC within the next year or 2. :)
Why you gotta bring the Leafs into this?

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Trouba would not extend with the Oilers ...Heck he may not even report there so the Oilers would not do the deal

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Did I mention the Leafs? THN has been saying the Jets win the SC in 2019-20 for a few years now & are still saying that.;)
Don't you believe what was regarded as the Bible of hockey until the internet was invented? :sarcasm:
I truly believe that the Jets are close to winning the cup, But i don't see them winning it next year though. I think Tampa and Toronto are closer then Winnipeg.

Reactions: Johnny HFBOARDS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad