Proposal: Trouba all encompassing trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasKaiser

Jun 7, 2016
The reason they're included is because...

Hamonic>Trouba
Strome<Ehlers

Thanks, it's what I thought, otherwise 1 or 2 draft picks in the mix. Have not looked if Ehlers is rw. After losing Okposo, Strome is right shot, so they may not want to trade him.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Valid, sure. Logical? Not so much.

"That trade was AMAZING and I don't care what facts say!"

I have a feeling there is a slight... I don't know, bias?... behind this assessment, but I can't quite put my finger on where precisely that might originate from.

Dude your sarcasm game is ON POINT!

Name me someone in the sarcasm game who's nailing it as much as this guy right now. You can't.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Sorry, Jack Johnson is crap. You can believe otherwise all you want but nobody is going to accept your evaluation in trade. Murray might get you Trouba 1 for 1. Don't like his injury history but maybe that is behind him. I would rather you just keep JJ and we will work something around Werenski. :)

Werenski is a no-go. Columbus is protecting Jones, Murray, and Savard. If they were to trade Werenski for Trouba, then they would have to expose Savard and lose him for nothing. Essentially, the deal is Werenski + Savard for Trouba which is terrible value.

Plus, Columbus already has Jones and Savard in the top-4 on the right side.

Murray, Jones, and Werenski are off the table. That leaves Savard and Johnson. I don't think that's good value for Winnipeg, so I don't see a deal to be made with Columbus.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
the first one is terrible....

It's not terrible its just not what the jets need. It's a former 2nd round pick who was projected to go in the first round in santini, Boucher who's gonna be a 20 goals scorer, a former first round pick in Quennville, and another first round pick its a lot of value but I doubt the jets need more picks or prospects.

What about my second proposal which is more than fair. But you say nothing cause its easier to rip someone. doesn't take any thought on your behalf.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
The reason they're included is because...

Hamonic>Trouba
Strome<Ehlers

If adding Ehlers & Strome were required by NYI POV, not sure I would it, likely not. Not overjoyed about Trouba for Travis straight up, adding those into it means losing Ehlers likely would kill the deal.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Bozak is a late scratch for the Leafs 1st exhibition game tonight.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
The thing is Trouba doesn't get to dictate where he plays.

He can say no to Winnipeg, but Winnipeg will decide what teams are offering the right deal.

If he refuses to sign with those teams he can keep sitting and losing out on development (which seems to be so important to him) and money.

i dont disagree with you but it does happen that players do dictate where they play, not always, but more often than not

thats all

it could very well be another drouin situation we will see

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Werenski is a no-go. Columbus is protecting Jones, Murray, and Savard. If they were to trade Werenski for Trouba, then they would have to expose Savard and lose him for nothing. Essentially, the deal is Werenski + Savard for Trouba which is terrible value.

Plus, Columbus already has Jones and Savard in the top-4 on the right side.

Murray, Jones, and Werenski are off the table. That leaves Savard and Johnson. I don't think that's good value for Winnipeg, so I don't see a deal to be made with Columbus.

Unfortunately I think you are right. Only interested in Murray and Werenski.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
You would think that after 3 months of trade proposals for trouba some people would just take a rest already.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I'll say it again cause it may have been lost in my other proposal

Severson and 3rd for Trouba

Severson is from Winnipeg so he'll never demand a trade and he would probably resign long term. It's more than fair. Plus you get an extra year before he reaches UFA. The more I think about it the more I'm not sure the Devils should do it. But I do like Trouba. What's the Jets salary cap situation?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Bozak is a late scratch for the Leafs 1st exhibition game tonight.

I think if Bozak is the main piece for Trouba, Chevy would be run out of town, especially as he's exactly the type of player Chevy has said many times he would NOT want in a trade for Trouba.

Kurt Cobain said:

Severson is from Winnipeg so he'll never demand a trade and he would probably resign long term. It's more than fair. Plus you get an extra year before he reaches UFA. The more I think about it the more I'm not sure the Devils should do it.

So a RHD, which is not what the Jets have said they want. Hometown really doesn't matter.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

Severson is from Winnipeg so he'll never demand a trade and he would probably resign long term. It's more than fair. Plus you get an extra year before he reaches UFA. The more I think about it the more I'm not sure the Devils should do it.

Keep thinking then.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
You would think that after 3 months of trade proposals for trouba some people would just take a rest already.

But he's overated right? :laugh:

Every GM would love a 22 year old #2 shut down D man. Pretty sure there was multi GM's got wood when they heard Trouba demanded a trade.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

Severson is from Winnipeg so he'll never demand a trade and he would probably resign long term. It's more than fair. Plus you get an extra year before he reaches UFA. The more I think about it the more I'm not sure the Devils should do it. But I do like Trouba. What's the Jets salary cap situation?

Don't give a crap where he is born. Easy no thx, not even close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad