Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Bozak for Reinhart confirmed.

:sarcasm:

Bozak for Reinhart, and then RNH for Trouba and Lowry/Burmistrov? The Jets could push Little to the wing and run with:

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-RNH-Little
Connor-Perreault-Stafford
Matthias-Lowry/Burmi-Armia
Thorburn Copp

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Lou will make this happen and I'm afraid jets fans won't like the return....

Have you read any of Chevy comments or demands? Jets fans will be satisfied in the end, don't worry. Chevy won't give in or sell him cheap. If he gets his price we will be happy, just like the Kane deal

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Only way he comes to Toronto is if he's willing to sign for less than Rielly.

Rielly is making $5 million per, If you seriously think that Trouba would come to Toronto for less. Then you're not being realistic if you want him in Toronto he's going to get at least $5 million per for 6 years he wouldn't accept less to play at home in Detroit so what makes you think he would take less to play in Toronto.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Have you read any of Chevy comments or demands? Jets fans will be satisfied in the end, don't worry. Chevy won't give in or sell him cheap. If he gets his price we will be happy, just like the Kane deal

The only person who will end up being unhappy in this situation, me thinks, is Jacob Trouba.

I think Chevy will hold out a high price which nobody will meet. Then Chevy will tell Trouba and Overhardt "tough noogies" and that will be that.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
that's not as crazy at it seems

In all seriousness, that deal wouldn't make any sense for the Leafs. Babs wants to have Matthews on the third line to start the season, he wouldn't be able to do that if Bozak was moved. Not to mention the Leafs already have something of a logjam on defence, Reinhart wouldn't make it.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Don't give a crap where he is born. Easy no thx, not even close

It's closer than you think. What has Trouba done besides be drafted higher. They scored the same amount of points last year all while Winnipeg scored 34 more goals than the Devils. Severson has size, can skate, has hockey sense and is fantastic defensely, you literally wouldn't miss a beat with him. I don't mind you passing on the deal but to say not even close means trouba is officially overrated or you don't know a thing about Severson. Prepare to be disappointed with your return. And where he's from should matter players aren't exactly lining up to sign in Winnepeg every off season.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
The only person who will end up being unhappy in this situation, me thinks, is Jacob Trouba.

I think Chevy will hold out a high price which nobody will meet. Then Chevy will tell Trouba and Overhardt "tough noogies" and that will be that.

I'm not expecting this to be handled quickly, might go till close Dec 1 cut off. Either way Chevy will get a very good return and Trouba is about to start losing dollars he will never get back. Jets are in no big hurry, we have no expectations this year of be a playoff team even with Trouba. Let him sit

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Trouba isn't asking for a trade because of money

Hopefully he looks at Toronto's defensive core and recognizes that he can have top line mins.

Seems like a fit for Toronto.

Group Chat Legend*

Would be a great fit for Philly or NJ and both have the assets to get him.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
It's closer than you think. What has Trouba done besides be drafted higher. They scored the same amount of points last year all while Winnipeg scored 34 more goals than the Devils. Severson has size, can skate, has hockey sense and is fantastic defensely, you literally wouldn't miss a beat with him. I don't mind you passing on the deal but to say not even close means trouba is officially overrated or you don't know a thing about Severson. Prepare to be disappointed with your return. And where he's from should matter players aren't exactly lining up to sign in Winnepeg every off season.

Your listing points for a D to prove your point? Are you to start listing the +/- stat next?

Go look at his real metrics, he's a #2 guy at 22 with potential to be a #1.

Easy no thx

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
I'm not expecting this to be handled quickly, might go till close Dec 1 cut off. Either way Chevy will get a very good return and Trouba is about to start losing dollars he will never get back. Jets are in no big hurry, we have no expectations this year of be a playoff team even with Trouba. Let him sit

What if trouba signs a two-year deal with a nhl out-clause with bern or ska? Do you still refuse to sign trade him next off season? You cant try to bully your asset into submission without risk.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Two questions for Jets' fans ...

1. What's the likelihood of trading Myers to free up a top-four spot on Trouba's preferred side?
  2. Would you personally prefer trading Myers?

Haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if these questions have already been asked.

Last edited:

BrianFromAIH

Long Time Lurker
Jun 16, 2012
Warren, OH, USA

1. What's the likelihood of trading Myers to free up a top-four spot on Trouba's preferred side?

Haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if these questions have already been asked.

Not enough of a likelihood.

I would vastly prefer trading Myers. 100 times out of 10.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Would be a great fit for Philly or NJ and both have the assets to get him.

Jets fans are delusional about what they'd get for Trouba, a guy who doesn't want to play for the organization. They can make him sit, but why waste an asset like that it's not gonna happen with New Jersey. Considering what Jets fans think theyll get for a guy who regressed last year and has a lot of people wondering what his potential actually is.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

1) Low

2) Yes

The problem with this situation isn't just making sure you maximize the return for Trouba. It's setting a precedent that an RFA coming off and ELC cannot dictate his usage and demands to the team - they don't want this to resonate to Ehlers, Laine, Connor, etc. Trouba is still a Jets asset even without a contract, and I'm sure they'd rather have him sit then move him for less than optimum value, because he's not being paid to sit.

The players seem to be on the side of the team for the most part, Perreault's comments being the most blunt (called him selfish). Trouba has little leverage, the only leverage being he's an un-signed RFA who's asked for a trade that the team has no reason to bend over backwards to accommodate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->