Confirmed with Link: Trocheck traded to Carolina for Haula, Walmark, and prospects Luostarinen & Priskie

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Elliotte Friedman's breakdown on his podcast today:
-Q did not like Trocheck as a player
-He and Tallon agreed the team is too comfortable and needed to send a message that no matter how long you've been here or how much term you have, you will be moved if you're not playing up to expectation. Elliotte compared it to Tallon "shooting a hostage" to show the team they're not kidding around.
-They wanted players who were more competitive (not sure if this was a knock on Tro or praise for Wallmark and Haula)
-Haula did not get along with Brindamour and believed he would produce with more opportunity. We rolled the dice that he'd flourish for the remainder of the season here getting a 2nd line role and playing hungry for a new contract.
-Elliotte also believes both prospects we got will be NHLers

1. I like the analogy of shooting a hostage. It's like with my son, when warnings Aren't Enough, sometimes you got to show that you mean business. I feel like that is exactly what happened in this trade.
  2. Two episodes ago on Spittin Chiclets, Ryan Whitney praised the one Prospect, Priskie. Said he had a glowing college career as the team's captain. At least that podcast was good to admit they don't see enough Panthers games to judge if Tro is still a good player or not, so they really didn't give much of an opinion on the trade.

Reactions: harv33173

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Article from the athletic by some dude last name Bourne saying Huby and Barky shouldn't be happy. Then I read this part No disrespect to their additions of Erik Haula and Lucas Wallmark, who are good players, but Vincent Trocheck was the best piece moved in that deadline deal, and he was moved off of the Florida Panthers. My dude, have you WATCHED Vinny at all this year or are you judging him by reputation at this point? Like holy f*** man.
I don't think it's false to say that Trocheck is a better player than either of them. I don't think he's better than both of them and I don't believe Tro would be able to be better than them on this team and specifically this defensive system. The defensive system is to collapse and Tro wants to stay high to break out quickly, it just doesn't mesh.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
I don't think it's false to say that Trocheck is a better player than either of them. I don't think he's better than both of them and I don't believe Tro would be able to be better than them on this team and specifically this defensive system. The defensive system is to collapse and Tro wants to stay high to break out quickly, it just doesn't mesh.

From what I saw it went beyond the system. Whatever it was (injury, lost passion for playing with the Panthers, other priorities like the newborn baby, etc.) Trocheck just wasn't the same player from 3 years ago. Lost a step or two after the injury which took away one of his best assets, never improved on using his teammates better and continued an exasperating trend of turning the puck over on a frequent basis. I haven't seen enough from any of the players we got back, hopefully Haula can take over his spot.

Some time ago I posted that best situation would be for Borgstrom to take over the 2nd line center sport from Tro and to trade Tro while his value was somewhat high. I think Dale got as good a value in return from a player that has not been a difference maker in over two years. Now, I keep hoping Borgstrom continues developing and shows the promise he showed this preseason.... won't hold my breath though.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA

center is *always* low - doesn't matter whether you're running man, zone, mix, overload...

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Elliotte compared it to Tallon "shooting a hostage" to show the team they're not kidding around.
I remember now why I liked this post. I thought hostage and Yandle were synonyms.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I can't wait for a thread on the mains in a couple weeks saying ' groundbreaking! Trocheck has been terrible for the Canes. Did Panthers win this trade??!!'

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
This trade has been even so far. Wallmark and Haula haven't really made a difference.
But we can get rid of Haula and Wallmark at the end of the season right? So that’s the win. I mean if we had a good GM, it would be the win.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Haula will probably be gone. Wallmark isn’t going anywhere. He’s a good bottom 6 guy.
I haven’t witnessed Walmark fitting that description. He’s more of an AHL type.

And Haula has sucked. But still, I don’t regret Tro being OOH.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I haven’t witnessed Walmark fitting that description. He’s more of an AHL type.

And Haula has sucked. But still, I don’t regret Tro being OOH.
An AHL type? Lol your player analysis might be lacking bad in this case. Wallmark is a a great bottom 6 guy.

Reactions: klabob

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
An AHL type? Lol your player analysis might be lacking bad in this case. Wallmark is a a great bottom 6 guy.
Maybe. Walmark hasn’t really done anything worthwhile yet though. He’s another Hawk, except less physical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad