Confirmed with Link: Trocheck traded to Carolina for Haula, Walmark, and prospects Luostarinen & Priskie

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I didn't like losing Hawk because he played hard which is what this needs more of. But the reality is he couldn't stay healthy or have any meaningful impact here. Or the impact was negative. It was only fair to send him down and take the risk of getting claimed. You can't keep a developing player sitting most of the year, he'll never develop that way. The same happened with Malgin.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think both Haula and Wallmark have played better than Tro was playing this year. 3C and 4C ideally. CannBorg finally claim that 2C spot next year? Or put Haula 2C and Borg 3C.

I think Haula is fine as 2c for the short term. Just for next year i think we have to run with it. Unless a major trade is pulled. Between Borg, Saarela, and Luostarinen we're fine at 3c.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
On the most recent spitting Chiclets podcast, the guys interviewed elliotte Friedman.

They asked him what was the biggest surprise trade at the deadline. He answered definitely the Tro trade. He cited team Executives were texting him that it must not be right, that Carolina would not give that up to get him, and it just didn't make sense for Carolina.

I am taking that as a win for Florida in other people's eyes

Reactions: harv33173

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just turned it on the Carolina game, and Tro just got a secondary assist on the PP.
He really didn't do much other than give the defenseman the puck, who was 5ft beside him. He plays the right Point, much like Hoff does here. I saw him take two shots on net, both missed.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I still can’t believe how awesome this trade was.

Tallon sucks at drafting, free agency, expansion draft, etc. But he sure can trade.
Aside from the expansion draft trade, no doubt about it. Trocheck is making 6.25 million in 2022 and was less productive this year than Bolland in 2015. Absolute nightmare for Carolina. The fact they threw in Wallmark and Florida didnt have to retain salary, I honestly wonder what their scouts were doing.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Aside from the expansion draft trade, no doubt about it. Trocheck is making 6.25 million in 2022 and was less productive this year than Bolland in 2015. Absolute nightmare for Carolina. The fact they threw in Wallmark and Florida didnt have to retain salary, I honestly wonder what their scouts were doing.

They glanced at hockey reference instead of watching him play?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Most definitely not but then again everything is possible in the Pantherland.

Well as a short term solution he is. What's your answer? Look at the market for top 6 centers this offseason, it's pretty barren. Plus it seems like ownership doesn't want to spend money right now, so there aren't many options.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Well as a short term solution he is. What's your answer? Look at the market for top 6 centers this offseason, it's pretty barren. Plus it seems like ownership doesn't want to spend money right now, so there aren't many options.

The most probable scenario is that the Cats enter the 20-21 campaign with Barkov, Borgstrom, Saarela and Wallmark in the middle. It's risky but it's not like handing out big contracts to mercs have been a good strategy so far. However, there always a possibility for a trade, like helping out STL with signing Pietro e.g. Perron + Bozak (2mil retained) + 6th round pick for Saarela + Hunt + 2nd round pick. imo Saarela is already on par with Bozak so any such trade ends up being more of finding replacements for Hoff and Dadonov.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Haula is TRASH and needs to never suit up for this team again. You don’t win in this league with guys like him in the top six. The Cats need strong defense and a second line center, somehow, to actually compete next year. With our cap situation I don’t see this problems being rectified in one offseason.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The most probable scenario is that the Cats enter the 20-21 campaign with Barkov, Borgstrom, Saarela and Wallmark in the middle. It's risky but it's not like handing out big contracts to mercs have been a good strategy so far. However, there always a possibility for a trade, like helping out STL with signing Pietro e.g. Perron + Bozak (2mil retained) + 6th round pick for Saarela + Hunt + 2nd round pick. imo Saarela is already on par with Bozak so any such trade ends up being more of finding replacements for Hoff and Dadonov.

Yeah, that is what I expect too, that they will give Saarela, Borgstrom, and Luostarinen a chance to claim middle 6 spots. But either way, it is not a bona fide top 6 center in that 2nd line spot(at least not one that's established yet).

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Haula is TRASH and needs to never suit up for this team again. You don’t win in this league with guys like him in the top six. The Cats need strong defense and a second line center, somehow, to actually compete next year. With our cap situation I don’t see this problems being rectified in one offseason.
I mean, Haula played top 6 in Vegas when they made the finals but I guess that doesn't count?

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I mean, Haula played top 6 in Vegas when they made the finals but I guess that doesn't count?

Whoever that version of Haula was has not shown up in Florida and likely never will. We’ve seen enough to know this player isn’t going to work here, especially as a second line center

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Q didn't like how comfortable guys were. He didn't see enough urgency from . He pretty much was looking for a shake up. He got it. Parting ways with Trocheck was inevitable

I was talking about Hawryluk though. He definitely showed urgency, Q just didn't like his game for whatever reason. No point keeping a guy the coach isn't gonna play.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Whoever that version of Haula was has not shown up in Florida and likely never will. We’ve seen enough to know this player isn’t going to work here, especially as a second line center
He played 7 games plus the 4 summer playoff games! You could have a solid career in scouting if you can make such statements based on a sample size like that. He's good on faceoffs and not a liability, so I would like to see more of him if possible. There's no reason to assume that the Panthers would be his first choice as a UFA though.

I was talking about Hawryluk though. He definitely showed urgency, Q just didn't like his game for whatever reason. No point keeping a guy the coach isn't gonna play.
It will sting a bit when he turns out to be a useful player for Ottawa and our RW depth chart is Connolly-Vatrano-Acciari-Sceviour, but I guess you need more defense potential to fit in the bottom 6 of Q's depth chart.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He played 7 games plus the 4 summer playoff games! You could have a solid career in scouting if you can make such statements based on a sample size like that. He's good on faceoffs and not a liability, so I would like to see more of him if possible. There's no reason to assume that the Panthers would be his first choice as a UFA though.

It will sting a bit when he turns out to be a useful player for Ottawa and our RW depth chart is Connolly-Vatrano-Acciari-Sceviour, but I guess you need more defense potential to fit in the bottom 6 of Q's depth chart.

Yeah I like Hawk too, but he's a bit player who the coach would not play. So ultimately, we move on.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA

AND we all know these guys are robots who need to be able to produce the same in every environment regardless of teammates, matchups, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->