Confirmed with Link: Trocheck traded to Carolina for Haula, Walmark, and prospects Luostarinen & Priskie

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Lol.

He actually looks decent though. I think he'll do well in Carolina....for a bit, then start sucking again.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Nevermind.

Brutal shift by Tro. Giveaway along the boards because of a lazy play in the defensive zone, then he takes an offensive zone penalty.

We are not going to miss that. I rather stay away from it. I already read on Twitter "That's what you get when you trade away Wally"

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I thought all this time Eric haula was Nick bjugstads teammate Nate condon.. my mind is blown they are two separate people. Lol random

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...fs-kyle-dubas/

11. The move that surprised most was Florida’s trade of Vincent Trocheck. I heard when teams queried the Panthers about it, they asked what was wrong that made him available? Arizona, Calgary and Minnesota were among those who made pitches.

There were a few factors that went into this, but it’s clear that new coach Joel Quenneville and Trocheck didn’t mesh. Chris Johnston reported the Panthers have been ordered to cut payroll, which certainly fits with the move — but Quenneville wanted to send a message while the playoffs were still within reach that changes were coming if the group didn’t compete harder. The prospects (Eetu Luostarinen and Chase Priskie) will play. Lucas Wallmark played 12:39 in Tuesday’s 2-1 win over the Coyotes, Erik Haula 14:30. Haula is an interesting guy. He’s got a chip on his shoulder, believing he deserves more of a role than he gets. (In Minnesota, he was nicknamed “Haula-Famer” because of that.) The Panthers want attitude. He’ll get a shot there.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

What's not to like?

I would bet money the two prospects play for this team one day, or at least in the NHL somewhere.

Didn't really notice Walmark last night, but he seems to have been a fan favourite with Carolina . I'm willing to bet I will like what I see with him.

I've seen that with Haula before; that he carries a chip on his shoulder. Didn't seem like it was smooth sailing with Carolina, and he's about to be a UFA . He has never missed the playoffs either. I bet he is a good pick up .

I like Tro, don't get me wrong. Lots of good memories with him on this team, it's just a matter of getting rid of a depreciating asset while it still has value.
As well, you're getting four pieces for one.

What's not to like?

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
What's not to like?

I would bet money the two prospects play for this team one day, or at least in the NHL somewhere.

Didn't really notice Walmark last night, but he seems to have been a fan favourite with Carolina . I'm willing to bet I will like what I see with him.

I've seen that with Haula before; that he carries a chip on his shoulder. Didn't seem like it was smooth sailing with Carolina, and he's about to be a UFA . He has never missed the playoffs either. I bet he is a good pick up .

I like Tro, don't get me wrong. Lots of good memories with him on this team, it's just a matter of getting rid of a depreciating asset while it still has value.
As well, you're getting four pieces for one.

What's not to like?

Wally played fine imo. Almost had a goal his first shift but tipped it into the post.

Had a nice clear in the third as well all in all a solid game considering first game and all.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I get that impression that Walmark is going to be our version of prime Kruger.
I always thought his ceiling was Frans Nielsen—lite. Probably a stretch for him to hit 25 goals or 58 points. But a regular 40 point center who is sneaky good defensively.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I’m interested in what Walmark’s bottom is (barring injury). I think it’s not much below what you get on the average. In other words, he’s steady with a few peaks here and there. Barkov is like that (except higher average).

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Trocheck sits 2nd worst in the league for giveaways/60 this season:

upload_2020-2-27_12-34-59.png

We are not all losing our minds.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
If Walmark can be a bonified 3rd line center for us that would be huge. Score a little, gather some points, play smart defensively, play some pk, maybe play with a slight edge, he’s an rfa so he’ll get a cheap bridge deal. And resigning Barkov is a must. Having a 1st and 3rd line center locked up would be fantastic. Then look via ufa or trade for a 2nd line center, and it doesn’t have to necessarily be a long term solution either.

Huberdeau-Barkov-???
Connolly-???-Tippett
Vatrano-Walmark-Acciari

assuming this is a rough draft of next years forward Corp, this is very cheap yet effective. Vatrano, acciari, Connolly, Walmark, will all be dirt cheap, Tippett will be on an elc, and Barkov and huberdeau still have two and three years left on their cheap contracts.

Do whatever you need to to get rid of matheson and Yandle (if he’s willing to waive), Ekblad and stralman are more expensive, but then weegar and stillman will be dirt cheap. Focus on adding two quality D, and any extra could be used on resigning dads and a solid 2nd line center option.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Article from the athletic by some dude last name Bourne saying Huby and Barky shouldn't be happy.

Then I read this part

No disrespect to their additions of Erik Haula and Lucas Wallmark, who are good players, but Vincent Trocheck was the best piece moved in that deadline deal, and he was moved off of the Florida Panthers.

My dude, have you WATCHED Vinny at all this year or are you judging him by reputation at this point? Like holy f*** man.

Reactions: RealHumanBean

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Article from the athletic by some dude last name Bourne saying Huby and Barky shouldn't be happy.

Then I read this part

No disrespect to their additions of Erik Haula and Lucas Wallmark, who are good players, but Vincent Trocheck was the best piece moved in that deadline deal, and he was moved off of the Florida Panthers.

My dude, have you WATCHED Vinny at all this year or are you judging him by reputation at this point? Like holy f*** man.

However, the media reaction towards that trade ain't nothing compared to the fallout of trading Yandle away.... "bawh god! how Dale could trade their best dman, an absolute stud on the backend for breadcrumbs!"

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

Then I read this part

Don't get rattled, I told you. Hockey media is still stuck in 2018 when it comes to 90% of the league. Everyone in the league is convinced Trocheck has been good when he just hasn't.

Don't sweat it, we actually watch the games. 99% of people in hockey pay 0 attention to the Panthers other than reading a box score from time to time.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Elliotte Friedman's breakdown on his podcast today:
-Q did not like Trocheck as a player
-He and Tallon agreed the team is too comfortable and needed to send a message that no matter how long you've been here or how much term you have, you will be moved if you're not playing up to expectation. Elliotte compared it to Tallon "shooting a hostage" to show the team they're not kidding around.
-They wanted players who were more competitive (not sure if this was a knock on Tro or praise for Wallmark and Haula)
-Haula did not get along with Brindamour and believed he would produce with more opportunity. We rolled the dice that he'd flourish for the remainder of the season here getting a 2nd line role and playing hungry for a new contract.
-Elliotte also believes both prospects we got will be NHLers

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

Then I read this part

NHL dot com also had a similarly mistaken take on the trade.

But before people jump on DT and say if people thought Tro is such a stud, he should have been able to get even more.... no. The other GMs are not hockey writers from Canada stuck in the 2018’s.

This was IMHO one of DT’s better trades. Also, to those who say, this was quantity over quality in the return, I agree it was quantity BUT: 1) we need a quantity of NHL level players, and 2) Haula by himself is better than Tro.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
NHL dot com also had a similarly mistaken take on the trade.

But before people jump on DT and say if people thought Tro is such a stud, he should have been able to get even more.... no. The other GMs are not hockey writers from Canada stuck in the 2018’s.

This was IMHO one of DT’s better trades. Also, to those who say, this was quantity over quality in the return, I agree it was quantity BUT: 1) we need a quantity of NHL level players, and 2) Haula by himself is better than Tro.

Sportsnet had an article too.

I read the Athletic article. Another ridiculous opinion from someone who obviously has zero clue about the team. I wish there was a comment section there, I would have blasted him.

Reactions: KW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad