Trevor Timmins Discussion (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
It was rude and filled with total ignorance about drafting, hockey and insulting to Timmins' intelligence and to the scouts.

Timmins is in place since 2003..... 16 years... and his record about drafting good Q players - whatever their birth certificate, is VERY THIN. The question was maybe a bit rude, but needed.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Timmins is in place since 2003..... 16 years... and his record about drafting good Q players - whatever their birth certificate, is VERY THIN. The question was maybe a bit rude, but needed.
It's been proven that the Habs have drafted from the Q at a higher rate than the rest of the league since Timmins has been on board so no, the question is not necessary.

Jul 6, 2016
It's been proven that the Habs have drafted from the Q at a higher rate than the rest of the league since Timmins has been on board so no, the question is not necessary.

yeah 5th, 6th, 7th rounders....

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Not going to lie... Trevor Timmins has been amazing in the first round recently.

2016 - Sergachev (9th)
2017 - Poehling (25th)
2018 - Kotkaniemi (3rd)
2019 - Caufield (15th)

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Not going to lie... Trevor Timmins has been amazing in the first round recently.

2016 - Sergachev (9th)
2017 - Poehling (25th)
2018 - Kotkaniemi (3rd)
2019 - Caufield (15th)

Yeah all high upside picks except maybe Poehling who's the least sexy AT THE TIME. Looking like a dandy one so far though. MS and CC kind of fell in his lap but still pulled the trigger. KK wasn't a consensus pick for many so despite the high spot credit is due. Poehling could be a really fine feather in his cap. Looks like an inspired pick. Jury's still out on Juulsen. Not bad so far. Can't wait for tomorrow.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I was annoyed with the stuff I was hearing out of TTs mouth this year, but he went with high, high ceiling, which is great.

Jul 6, 2016

2016 - Sergachev (9th)
2017 - Poehling (25th)
2018 - Kotkaniemi (3rd)
2019 - Caufield (15th)

Two of those were VERY easy picks (Sergachev and Caufield) any one here would had done. Maybe McAvoy is better overall than Sergachev.

KK was responding to org needs badly and was the most obvious choice last year.

Poehling is certainly better than Mccarron, Scherbak, Leblanc, Tinordi, etc... that the Habs drafted over the years.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I hate Timmins' classic "hidden gem", no-name US players. Guaranteed every year and pretty much every year it's a bust. Terrible development path for Struble and no international experience. Holding out hope that Struble, that I don't recall ever watching play, can break that mold.
Bust. Timmins is garbage. He is one of the worst scouts in the league if you look at things objectively, yet he is probably the longest tenured scout. Big reason why our team is trash.

Reactions: varsaku

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
After today... Im in the "Timmins GTFO" camp. He's a walking meme. I dont mind Struble. But after... I mean we traded down but there was still some sexy players left. So I thought this was the Hillis situation all over again. He goes out and... takes low-production overagers. Seriously what the f*** is he thinking.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Bust. Timmins is garbage. He is one of the worst scouts in the league if you look at things objectively, yet he is probably the longest tenured scout. Big reason why our team is trash.

I am surprised management never revamped the scouting and player development side of the club. That is two areas we have really been lacking.

Reactions: FF de Mars

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I am surprised management never revamped the scouting and player development side of the club. That is two areas we have really been lacking.
Me too, it's baffling. Aside from 2007, he has been terrible - one of the worst scouts in the league, possibly the worst. And that is no exaggeration; all it takes to see it is a careful look through the Habs draft history since he took over. I can't believe the reputation and credibility the guy gets, he's a complete charlatan.

Reactions: varsaku and CH25

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Me too, it's baffling. Aside from 2007, he has been terrible - one of the worst scouts in the league, possibly the worst. And that is no exaggeration; all it takes to see it is a careful look through the Habs draft history since he took over. I can't believe the reputation and credibility the guy gets, he's a complete charlatan.

Its a batting average bud, and even 0.300 is considered amazing in baseball.
People hit in the 1st rounds, people hit in the 2nd rounds, and people can hit in the 5th rounds like us for some reason
Go get everyones batting average in picks since 2007 before you make outlandish, unsubstantiated and wild accusations

Reactions: sharks9 and jaffy27

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Its a batting average bud, and even 0.300 is considered amazing in baseball.
People hit in the 1st rounds, people hit in the 2nd rounds, and people can hit in the 5th rounds like us for some reason
Go get everyones batting average in picks since 2007 before you make outlandish, unsubstantiated and wild accusations
Well bud, he happens to bat worse than most of the league except for his one good year. The truth is only an accusation to frauds and people who believe them.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
what
Timmins is nowhere near the hot seat
We have one of the best prospect pools in the league

Wouldnt say nowhere near, Everythings results based afterall
What I mean is more "he's closer to being gone than he is closer to 'just starting the job'" if that makes any sense lol,
Same with Bergevin, its his what, 7th year? he's clearly closer to being "gone" than he is being here "another" 7 years

These people who last a decade in the same spot are rare more than anything, and dont stay forever, not bergevin, and not Timmins either, regardless of how people view his track record

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Galchenyuk is 2nd for total points in his draft and is top 5 minimum in most re-drafts.

It was a weak draft all around.
Most people had Galchenyuk ranked 5th or lower from what I remember, and Reilly, Dumba, and Trouba were all rated high and still on the board. For a guy who supposedly knows how to find defensemen, it's kind of odd he missed these guys, no? I won't fault him for Lindholm because he was a reach (a successful one though, Timmins should take note) and Forsberg because he fell for some reason, but many people thought the Habs would take him. Anyway, not the worst pick, but AG wasn't a good one either. Timmins wiffed on every pick that draft.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Most people had Galchenyuk ranked 5th or lower from what I remember, and Reilly, Dumba, and Trouba were all rated high and still on the board. For a guy who supposedly knows how to find defensemen, it's kind of odd he missed these guys, no? I won't fault him for Lindholm because he was a reach (a successful one though, Timmins should take note) and Forsberg because he fell for some reason, but many people thought the Habs would take him. Anyway, not the worst pick, but AG wasn't a good one either. Timmins wiffed on every pick that draft.

The only reason Galchenyuk was ranked 5th was because of his leg injury.

Go look at the re-drafts.

Go look at the draft itself, there was almost nothing passed the first round, nothing to 'wiff' at.

Timmins has had some bad drafts, but faulting him for 2012 is just ridiculous. Most here were extatic about the pick.

Back then we had Subban and Markov. Trouba and Dumba were not seen as sure picks, no more than Galcheyuk.

I had Chucky, Forsberg and TT as my top 3 for our pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad