Trevor Timmins Discussion (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Many were traded away because we've had incompetent boobs running the team.

I think TT's record is amplified by our inability to acquire decent young players by other means, trade or UFAs. We've done great reclamation projects and we've snapped a few goodies on the waivers but the fact remains that suzuki is the first ''A'' prospect we've acquired in a trade for as long as I can remember.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Many were traded away because we've had incompetent boobs running the team.
You might want to retract that post.

NHL players drafted by Timmins that were traded away:

P.K.
Patches
Chucky
McDonagh
Sergachev
Andrighetto
Halak
and Nate the Great

With Patches and Chucky we won those trades hands down. Nate The Great was and is a fringe NHLer. With Sergachev we gave a flawed player and received one in return. A trade that you yourself applauded by the way when it went down. Halak was a win-win trade. Nashville is looking to unload P.K. So that leaves you with McDonagh and Andrighetto. McDonagh you can't lay at MB's feet. And we lost the Andrighetto trade. Losing the Andrighetto trade makes management incompetent boobs?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You might want to retract that post.

NHL players drafted by Timmins that were traded away:
P.K. - dumb trade and badly managed

Patches - good trade but wasted prime years without center

Chucky - badly mismanaged and could've been traded years earlier for more value

McDonagh - ridiculously dumb trade

Sergachev - Too soon to say but looks like a bad trade

Andrighetto - Whatever...

Halak - Felt we should've gotten more at the time but not a bad trade.

Nate the Great - badly mismanaged

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
his 5th round picks since Hudon look like ****, Koberstein, Audette, Bradley, Staum, Tyszka, Houde and Fonstad. Only Fonstad and Tyszka look like they could be something, maybe Houde but I haven't been impressed. Granted the 5th round is expected to be ****, and Hudon we'll see what happens with him.

5th round is a total crap shoot. Getting Grabovsky and Gallagher so far in his tenure in that round already puts him in the elite. Hopefully Fonstad or one of the 3 this year turn out to be another gem.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
P.K. - dumb trade and badly managed

Patches - good trade but wasted prime years without center

Chucky - badly mismanaged and could've been traded years earlier for more value

McDonagh - ridiculously dumb trade

Sergachev - Too soon to say but looks like a bad trade

Andrighetto - Whatever...

Halak - Felt we should've gotten more at the time but not a bad trade.

Nate the Great - badly mismanaged
In other words Andrighetto is the only trade that this present management staff lost.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
In other words Andrighetto is the only trade that this present management staff lost.
I don't understand why some posters start things off with "in other words" and then proceed to come out with gobbledygook and think they've made some kind of point... You haven't.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I don't understand why some posters start things off with "in other words" and then proceed to come out with gobbledygook and think they've made some kind of point... You haven't.
I was playing your silly game. We were talking about winning and losing trades. You decided to shift the goalposts and bring in managing players because you realized your statement had no factual basis. Overall, this management team has come out on the positive end of trade results.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I was playing your silly game. We were talking about winning and losing trades. You decided to shift the goalposts and bring in managing players because you realized your statement had no factual basis. Overall, this management team has come out on the positive end of trade results.

You brought up a good defense I agree with your narrative. Keep it up, there is solid logic you are presenting in your debate. The haters will always hate and our fan base is passionate so some are just frustrated and think we deserve to be cup contenders year. As a result, they will throw anybody under the bus along their frustration path and someone always has to be blamed.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I was playing your silly game. We were talking about winning and losing trades. /QUOTE]
No... the current roster was being criticized for not having enough homegrown talent and that blame was wrongly being attributed to our drafting.

Once again, blame mgmt for this. They are the doeheads who've mismanaged this club.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
I sometimes wonder what might've happened in the last 15 - 20 years if the Habs had scrapped the scouting staff altogether... and just picked their draft picks based on Central Scouting rankings of the BPAs.

There may have been many less busts for Montreal.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Romanov getting respect from Timmins when asked who has most surpassed expectations/impressed relative to his draft rank.

He also added that it seems unlikely we see Romanov next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: dralaf

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Stupid dumb politic question to Timmins about drafting in the Q and even challenging him.
He didn't seems to appreciate.

It was asked so rudely too. "You said you taget quebecer, but you never draft any. What do you have to say about that"... I'm a quebecer. Can't stand those stupid questions, even more so when asked so rudely. Plus, I think we might actually draft some quebecers in the 2-3 round this year.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It was asked so rudely too. "You said you taget quebecer, but you never draft any. What do you have to say about that"... I'm a quebecer. Can't stand those stupid questions, even more so when asked so rudely. Plus, I think we might actually draft some quebecers in the 2-3 round this year.

It was rude and filled with total ignorance about drafting, hockey and insulting to Timmins' intelligence and to the scouts.

Reactions: Clearedwaivers

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It should be clear to all reporters, we draft hockey players based on skill, not origin.....the next reporter that challenges the staff on this type or idiotic stupid and uneducated question will be banned from the Bell Centre and any opposing arena where habs play, will be banned from practice facility, banned from approaching any member of the Canadiens staff, personnel and ownership and can never participate in any conference calls that involves the Canadiens.

I am so f***in sick with these moronic questions, it’s borderline racist and I’ve had it TABARNA*

Next reporter who ask this question will be sent to Tatooine

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Omar

Oct 10, 2017

“See my answer to that from last year, the year before and the year before that. Next question...”

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

even worse when they appear to have caved to that very pressure last draft and picked Houde when there were several more interesting guys picked right after him. Granted we'll see how it works out in time.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Aparently the Romanov pick is on him lol

He's the head of scouting. Every pick is on him.

He was asked about a pick that he felt the most satisfaction seeing them progress, and he gave a good answer. Romanov was a "who?" moment on here when we picked him. Now he's a top prospect from the 2018 draft.

Edit: As for the question about drafting Quebecers, I think the poor english contributed to it sounding rude. I always sound inadvertently rude and abrupt when I speak my broken spanish.

If done eloquently, you could ask around this question and probably get a better answer as well.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
i moved the Timmins stuff to his thread so that it doesn't get mixed in with the MB talk.

He's the head of scouting. Every pick is on him.

He was asked about a pick that he felt the most satisfaction seeing them progress, and he gave a good answer. Romanov was a "who?" moment on here when we picked him. Now he's a top prospect from the 2018 draft.

true but we don't know what goes on, if say Churla wants one guy and Timmins isn't sold on him, does he side with Churla or just override him because he's assistant GM. Does MB step in at all? It would be very interesting to be in the draft room meetings these past few days just to see if Timmins just goes with his picks or does he give up some room for his director of scouting who his boss hired?

Reactions: Canadienna

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I would also love to be a fly on the wall in there. I think like any management it would depend on the personalities and people in those roles. Timmins seems intelligent to me, beyond that it's hard to say if he's the kind of guy to put his foot down.

he clearly didn't have anything to say in that video last draft when he wants to pick Hillis and MB tells him he's trading the pick but who knows what really goes on as I'm sure they knew a camera was there I would assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad