Trevor Timmins Discussion (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Both those guys were better skaters, more physical, and stronger 2-way players than KK at the same age. They were serviceable players despite not piling up the points early on. They showed promise. KK is useless right now; he brings nothing. There are no encouraging signs at all right now. Galchenyuk was a better player at the same age. Of course you bring up 2 exceptions to compare KK to despite him looking nothing like they did at the same age. Things just look bleak for this kid. I do hope I'm wrong and he can turn it around, but yikes.

Don't worry so much way too early. Like you said, KK isn't built like the other two mentioned. Let him fill out and develop. And we'll see where his game is at when he's 25. Way too early to panic.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I'd like to keep him in charge of forwards and goalies, but bring in someone new in charge of forwards...

Kotakniemi, Poehling, and Caufield are huge for his record. Since he likely won't stay on as only in charge of D and goalies, he may lose any support he has if 2 of those 3 don't pan out.
Well...things are looking less than stellar for 2/3 already, and Caufield didn't exactly set the world on fire at the WJC. It is early, but I can't really say I'm optimistic considering Timmins' track record.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Well...things are looking less than stellar for 2/3 already, and Caufield didn't exactly set the world on fire at the WJC. It is early, but I can't really say I'm optimistic considering Timmins' track record.

Too early with those 3 to judge...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

If Bergevin were fired and I were named GM, my first moves would be the following:

Kk sent to play Junior hockey. If he dominates there over 10 to 20 games, he progeesses to the AHL. Ince he dominates the AHL playing 20 minutes a night in all situations, then he comes back to Montreal...

Poehling is back in Laval. Again, once he dominates there, then he can come back up...

Caufield in all.likelihood is playing in college or the AHL next year, plus the world juniors...

I'd also give Mete a half tear in the A, and Fleury another half year...

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Too early with those 3 to judge...
Just going by what we've seen so far. I was starting to get excited about Poehling a little bit too, but he seems to have hit a wall this season.

On a more positive note, Romanov has looked fantastic both times we've seen him (WJC). It's refreshing to finally see one of our prospects bring it at a tournament like the WJC.

Reactions: 26Mats

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
TT has to go as much as MB. If you look at the drafts from 2010 to 2016, there's only Gallagher that's of significance that was drafted. You only have a few marginal players left like Mete and Lehkonen left in all of those entire drafts. How can you win anything when you don't have anything of significance on your team in all those drafts? Not talking about 2017-2019 since we have no idea yet.

if/when they do part ways, he'll have a job offer in Nashville if the GM's still is there..lol...man tons of former Habs end up in Nashville , add a new recent crop of Daniel Carr and Mike Big Mac , and Jarred Tinordi to the list ...the Nashville GM he got a Habs obsession ..lol

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
If Bergevin were fired and I were named GM, my first moves would be the following:

Kk sent to play Junior hockey. If he dominates there over 10 to 20 games, he progeesses to the AHL. Ince he dominates the AHL playing 20 minutes a night in all situations, then he comes back to Montreal...

Poehling is back in Laval. Again, once he dominates there, then he can come back up...

Caufield in all.likelihood is playing in college or the AHL next year, plus the world juniors...

I'd also give Mete a half tear in the A, and Fleury another half year...
I like it; those are good ideas. And in KK's case, I feel like that may be the only way to salvage him at this point. I was never a big fan of the pick from day 1, but they certainly aren't helping him by keeping him in the NHL at this point; that much is clear now.

I think having all these guys in the AHL and letting them develop and win together would be a huge benefit to all of them, even Mete and Fleury who have seen significant NHL action. Would be great for Laval too. Foster and grow a winning culture from the farm up. But we both know that won't happen, unfortunately.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I like KK and I truly hope he works for us, but Timmins and Bergevin should be kicking themselves for passing on Quinn Hughes for him.

Last edited:

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
I like KK and I truly hope he works for us, but if Timmins and Bergevin should be kicking themselves for passing on Quinn Hughes for him.

Hughes, Tzachuk, Boqvist all looking pretty darn good right now. I hate that they brought KK in so young and it should be a fireable offence that they kept him from the WJC in two lost seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad