Player Discussion Trent Frederic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
The reason Bjork has more hits than Freddie is Bjork's speed. 1st forward on the forecheck is the body guy. When Bjork is out there he's the fastest guy on his line, on the 4th line he'll lead the forecheck on a dump in. That's not the case with Freddie when he's on the 4th line, and when he's on the 3rd line, they posses the puck more on entries. It's just a case of speed and opportunities.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The reason Bjork has more hits than Freddie is Bjork's speed. 1st forward on the forecheck is the body guy. When Bjork is out there he's the fastest guy on his line, on the 4th line he'll lead the forecheck on a dump in. That's not the case with Freddie when he's on the 4th line, and when he's on the 3rd line, they posses the puck more on entries. It's just a case of speed and opportunities.
yep and it`s only been in the last few games where we have seen him use those opportunities to check with a purpose, good body positioning forcing the opponent to cough the puck up or not have an easy play

His angle work when on the forecheck has been much stronger in recent game, really eliminating the options for the opponent. Watched the kid in a post game interview recently, kid looks jacked too

Reactions: Kegs

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I hope he doesn’t let this fighting thing throw him off his game. He’s developing nicely. Keep banging the body and skating hard. The other stuff needs to come naturally, not set up.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I hear you but Frederic was a 3rd line player, not a 4th and he’s been causing all kinds of problems for opponents. The root of Wilson’s second thoughts is that Frederic got the best of him and Wilson couldn’t spark his team to stop the B’s growing momentum. Had he pummeled Frederic he wouldn’t be having second thoughts about missing a couple shifts in a game his team was leading.
Fredric might even have a higher ceiling then 3rd line. He is an exciting rookie to watch. Two three years we will see.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
There's actually more to it in my opinion. There were players that I would be afraid to take a hit from... "afraid" is the wrong word but I would make extra effort to get out of their way after I had moved the puck up the ice and they were coming in to finish off their check.

Bjork, is indeed faster, but nobody's making the extra effort to avoid him finishing the check.

Watch for this and you will see it in games. Oftentimes defenseman won't even look at Bjork when he comes in to finish a check but you actually see them change skating direction/speed when a Frederic or Ritchie is coming in.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I would like to see Frederic back on the 4th line. He plays hard, he's responsible, but it feels like a lot of plays are dying on his stick. On the 4th line, he can agitate top lines and it doesn't matter if he chips in much because you're just asking that line to be responsible and grind out shifts in the corners of the offensive zone.

Plus, I think Coyle needs some help transporting the puck from zone to zone and Bjork is a good puck carrier.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I would like to see Frederic back on the 4th line. He plays hard, he's responsible, but it feels like a lot of plays are dying on his stick. On the 4th line, he can agitate top lines and it doesn't matter if he chips in much because you're just asking that line to be responsible and grind out shifts in the corners of the offensive zone.

Plus, I think Coyle needs some help transporting the puck from zone to zone and Bjork is a good puck carrier.
100% this. Frederic brings more of what Accari brought to that line when it was so successful. Coyle is struggling mightily to start the season. I hope he’s playing hurt, otherwise he looks like the player I wasn’t willing to give up on Donato for in MN.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
100% this. Frederic brings more of what Accari brought to that line when it was so successful. Coyle is struggling mightily to start the season. I hope he’s playing hurt, otherwise he looks like the player I wasn’t willing to give up on Donato for in MN.

I get the rationale here, but Bjork has been playing pretty well there and I like to see him build up more confidence there before trying him on the 3rd line again.

Most importantly, Wags must not move up.

Reactions: veganbruin

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Any worries about his lack of goal scoring? no goals in about 30 games at the nhl level

Like some folks have pointed out, he doesn't shoot enough. Strong along the boards but would like to see him plant his big body in front of the net more and wack in some garbage ones if thats what it takes

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Any worries about his lack of goal scoring? no goals in about 30 games at the nhl level

Like some folks have pointed out, he doesn't shoot enough. Strong along the boards but would like to see him plant his big body in front of the net more and wack in some garbage ones if thats what it takes
Ya he’s fighting it. Once the first one comes he will start to score more often.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

I wouldn't say it's concern, it's still too early in his NHL career, but I do think they're playing him above his ability at the moment. He's on the power play, the 3rd line... I think he'll eventually be able to do those things but right now, he seems best suited to a 4th line role. Maybe they're hoping if he gets a little success it'll snowball?

I do think they do that, play guys they expect to be important pieces in the future, in roles that are a bit above their ability in an effort to jumpstart (or fast track) their development. We saw it a lot with Tyler Seguin his first year.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
In honor of Freddy I designed a new Bruins shirt to add to my collection. Well in this case it was a hooded pull over because I didn't have a good blank t-shirt.

20210208_214956-jpg.394244

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I`ll preface this by saying I like the kid, clearly plays hard, willing to drop the mitts when the opportunity presents itself, doesn`t really hurt the team defensively and is one of those players who`ll play with attitude which every team needs. That said, I have more than just a few "concerns", I know he`s not someone who will likely ever be a 20 goal guy but still, this fan has seen fans here bash many other players who aren`t producing who, for some reason, offer feathers with this kid

At some point, IMO, this kid needs to start producing something offensively, I think he has what? 1, maybe 2 pts in 25 -30 ish games? Not close to being good enough, he`s not alone, Bjork needs to start producing some offense, Studsy when he`s in there, Coyle, Jake was doing nothing prior to injury.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
In honor of Freddy I designed a new Bruins shirt to add to my collection. Well in this case it was a hooded pull over because I didn't have a good blank t-shirt.

20210208_214956-jpg.394244

If anyone is interested in grabbing a t-shirt, I have them available just PM me and I'll let you know where you can find them.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Trent has been a ghost the last 2-3 games

He kind of flamed out after 10 games (last nhl stint)

Zero shots again tonight

Hopefully he plays better next game

Reactions: RoccoF14

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Trent has been a ghost the last 2-3 games

He kind of flamed out after 10 games (last nhl stint)

Zero shots again tonight

Hopefully he plays better next game

Yea I feel he's been less impactful the last few games. Hope he starts to stir things up a bit and create more plays starting Friday. I think he should try to find a dance partner Friday.

Reactions: rocketdan9

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think he’s starting to fall out of favor with Cassidy. Pretty significant drop off in minutes lately. Three out of his last four games he’s been under 10 minutes of play. With bjork playing well, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s sent down to providence or if he’s scratched with Kase and Studnicka coming back.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I think he’s starting to fall out of favor with Cassidy. Pretty significant drop off in minutes lately. Three out of his last four games he’s been under 10 minutes of play. With bjork playing well, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s sent down to providence or if he’s scratched with Kase and Studnicka coming back.

I don't think it would be a bad thing for him to go down and get some offensive confidence. Krejci was sent down early in 2008 and finished the season as the second line center, so it worked out okay for him.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I don't think it would be a bad thing for him to go down and get some offensive confidence. Krejci was sent down early in 2008 and finished the season as the second line center, so it worked out okay for him.

They did that more recently with Gryz- give the kid a really good feel for the NHL and what it takes to be effective. Knowing Cassidy, Frederic knows exactly what to work on and what is expected from him and maybe a dozen games in Providence would give him some room to grow.

Reactions: PlayMakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad