Player Discussion Trent Frederic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Trent Frederic = no FEAR

growing up with 4 other siblings all collegiate athletes including DIV 1 football he’s not being intimidated one bit

I still stand by he will put up points and after 150 NHL games is somewhere in a .4-.5 point per game producer

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Trent Frederic = no FEAR

growing up with 4 other siblings all collegiate athletes including DIV 1 football he’s not being intimidated one bit

I still stand by he will put up points and after 150 NHL games is somewhere in a .4-.5 point per game producer
Ha - was just saying the other day how some guys play like they had older brothers growing up and some play like they were the older brother. TFred totally has the younger brother attitude where the fear of taking a beating was beaten out of him a long time ago.:laugh:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Ha - was just saying the other day how some guys play like they had older brothers growing up and some play like they were the older brother. TFred totally has the younger brother attitude where the fear of taking a beating was beaten out of him a long time ago.:laugh:

I can relate. In the late 70's, my older brother led the NEJHL in PIM's, mostly 5 minutes at a time. He used to beat me up just for practice. After you repeatedly survive* someone 7 years older and twice your size, the fear goes away, and facing guys your own size is a walk in the park.

*Though the day I finally got pissed off, grabbed a 2x4 and chased him around the yard is a highlight of my childhood. I distinctly remember my dad saying "You better sleep with that 2x4 from now on, kid!"

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
But it has to be team wide. Not just one or two guys. Recall the B's a decade ago. They had physicality up and down the line up.

I agree to a point but instead of team-wide I think if you have 3 guys who can legitimately play the game and are willing to fight and at least have a 50/50 chance at winning vs. most of the guys not named Reeves, Lucic, etc. then you're ahead of the game.

There aren't a lot of teams that I can see that go more than 3 deep in the "fighter" department.

Washington -- Wilson, Chara, Hathaway

Calgary -- Looch, Tkachuk -- Bennett?

Vancouver - Roussell, Myers, ?

IMO the B's are right there with Frederic, Ritchie, Miller, Lauzon -- heck, I'd even take Clifton vs. anyone within a couple of inches and 15 pounds of him.

Reactions: GordonHowe

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I agree to a point but instead of team-wide I think if you have 3 guys who can legitimately play the game and are willing to fight and at least have a 50/50 chance at winning vs. most of the guys not named Reeves, Lucic, etc. then you're ahead of the game.

There aren't a lot of teams that I can see that go more than 3 deep in the "fighter" department.

IMO the B's are right there with Frederic, Ritchie, Miller, Lauzon -- heck, I'd even take Clifton vs. anyone within a couple of inches and 15 pounds of him.
Google up Wagner’s fights with Bruins and he’s a damn good fighter

Reactions: sarge88 and jgatie

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
And his dad's got a roofing business. . . it's like a perfect recipe for making a tough kid who can handle crazy.
His dad is like 6’7 and looks like one of the Bosa Brothers I kid you not- he looks like he could get after the QB today

Joe/Glorydaze had some good conversations with the father at DC

Reactions: Over the volcano

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Frederic turned the momentum of the game around last night. Not saying he needs to fight all the time, but damn, if he can be a bit of that agitating forward who's capable of chucking hands... that's incredibly valuable in the bottom 6.
agreed, was actually surprised he hadn`t found a dance partner up to last night. I`ve been less thrilled about his overall game than many here and IMO, he feels like the kind of guy that needs to drop the mitts a bit more than one every 12 games or what have you

I`ll wager this is far from the last time we have seen those two go at it

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
And our D will be young for years to come.
Uptempo good skating

below the surface includes
Vaakanainen
Berglund
Ahcan
Wolff
Lohrei
Zech?

am I missing anyone ?

Kevan Miller
Krug
Ahcan
Wolff

Bruins use college FA as well as anyone; they identify specific players well so far

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Zach McEwen is probably the toughest guy Vancouver.

Reactions: sarge88

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Yeah...forgot him.

My bad.

I'll take the toughness this team has over 98% of the teams in the league.
Frederic, Miller, Lauzon and Ritchie make a huge difference. I feel much better about the physical level of play from this team going into the playoffs than in the past few seasons. I would still like a guy who goes straight to the net and screens but I think they can stand up to a Tampa, St. Louis, Washington now where as last year I did not.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Frederic will stand up for players, too. Was it Cam Hughes last season who got obliterated by Tommy Cross? If I remember correctly, he challenged him next game and won easily.

He is the all around teammate. Love this kid.

Reactions: Fenian24 and BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
A big fight helped fuel a big rally, and the Bruins took home a win over the Capitals - The Boston Globe

For the second time in some 48 hours, the Bruins on Monday night fell into an early 3-0 deficit to the Capitals, and appeared destined for another loss at Capital One Arena, their hurt locker in recent years.
But they woke up with a bang, triggered in part by Trent Frederic putting some hurt on Tom Wilson in a big man’s bout, and ripped off five consecutive goals, including four in the third period, for a 5-3 win that handed the Caps their first loss in regulation this season.

I think Freddy had a lot to do with it, that scrap with Wilson,” said Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy. “Kind of got everyone’s attention on the bench. [Wilson] is arguably the toughest guy in the National Hockey League — [Zdeno Chara] would be in that mix too, obviously — and Freddy stood in there and gave us a bit of a boost.”

Frederic, ex- of the University of Wisconsin, was able to get a handle on the bout by being the first to attach a fist (left) to Wilson’s collar. From there, the bout was on, and though it was fairly brief, each of the big boys connected with stiff righthanded pops.

That was huge tonight — he did a fanstastic job,” said Carlo, praising Frederic’s fisticuffs. “To go up against that guy, it’s not an easy task. Freddy’s just fearless in that regard. He really got that whole thing jump started with that comeback.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad