May 25, 2006
RI
That goal tonight was a nice quick release.....the kid can shoot the puck

Reactions: TCB

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
he's going to be a glue guy, not a star but the kind of player you love to have

I see him being a 3rd/4th line guy capable of 15-20 goals in his best years that plays physical and will fight for his teammates, draw penalties, agitate, etc.....no reason to trade him unless it's necessary as part of a deal that brings a star player to Boston. Hes going to be a fan favorite when the fans return to TD Gasrden....watch how many Frederic t-shirts and jerseys begin popping up in the crowd

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
he`s not on the no trade list to me but the return can`t be an Eric Staal that`s for sure but I don`t see DS making any moves involving him

the good news for frederic and his trade status is that hes helping the bruins team this year. So if donny is attempting to improve it wouldnt make sense to trade someone whos probably been in your top 6 of most important forwards this season to do that

Reactions: duffy

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
the good news for frederic and his trade status is that hes helping the bruins team this year. So if donny is attempting to improve it wouldnt make sense to trade someone whos probably been in your top 6 of most important forwards this season to do that
no argument here

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
He followed his worst game as a Bruin last night with one of his best tonight. More of tonight's Frederic.

That's the thing with incorporating Lauzon, Zboril, Frederic, Vaakanainen, Studnicka, etc this season.....they're going to make mistakes and have bumps along the way, but they're going to learn and improve because of it. You have to deal with that as part of their development to get them ready for playoffs.....which playing in the playoffs will help develop them for next season and so on

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
That's the thing with incorporating Lauzon, Zboril, Frederic, Vaakanainen, Studnicka, etc this season.....they're going to make mistakes and have bumps along the way, but they're going to learn and improve because of it. You have to deal with that as part of their development to get them ready for playoffs.....which playing in the playoffs will help develop them for next season and so on

Agreed. Zboril went from looking dynamic in the first 10 minutes to having a bad gaffe that caused a near riot at NESN studios as they harped on it for the next 10 minutes, to making a really nice play on the GW goal. Ups and downs, ebbs and flows.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont

Agreed...just hate that guys like Coyle, DK, Debrusk can't bail them out. Rookies don't need all this additional stress

Reactions: duffy

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I have a much bigger issue with the vets on the roster vastly underperforming

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
I have a much bigger issue with the vets on the roster vastly underperforming
No doubt!!!

Another reason why it's important to bring these kids along year in and year out.....you should be able to incorporate one or two players just about every season and either:
A) ship an nonperforming vet out of town
B) ship a vet out of town to shock / shake up the room if necessary
C) ship a vet out of town to open up cap room
D) use the kids as trade chips to acquire a critical roster piece
E) use the kids as building blocks of your next "core"

It is so important to have your young guys developing into NHL regulars....opens up so many possibilities and most importantly, they're cheap

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No doubt!!!

Another reason why it's important to bring these kids along year in and year out.....you should be able to incorporate one or two players just about every season and either:
A) ship an nonperforming vet out of town
B) ship a vet out of town to shock / shake up the room if necessary
C) ship a vet out of town to open up cap room
D) use the kids as trade chips to acquire a critical roster piece
E) use the kids as building blocks of your next "core"

It is so important to have your young guys developing into NHL regulars....opens up so many possibilities and most importantly, they're cheap
the biggest issue right now as I see it and trust me, I could be waaaaaaaaaaay off is this team has so many underperforming players, a deal/trade could very likely involve a struggling player on another team

Now, sometimes a trade where a change of scenery helps a team works out but I find more often than not, it really doesn`t. Not too sure there are tons of examples of struggling players who not only met expectations but exceeded them by a ton

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Oh I believe the best is yet to come. He is starting to dominate along the boards. That power move to draw a penalty was fantastic. He is gaining the confidence that I predicted at the beginning of the year. Kid is just so fun to watch develope. Love that smile/smirk he plays with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00