Player Discussion Trent Frederic II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
A recent media article described him as a future power forward. That might be a bit of stretch after 2 goals. But I like the sandpaper he brings. If he keeps being successful at getting other team's players off their games, while not hurting the B's, and pop a few goals in here and there, he'll have a place in the lineup.

Acciari got 10 here on the fourth line and 20 for Florida after leaving.

He'll put up respectable totals on the third line. Could turn into more noone thought Acciari was going to pot 20 in Florida.

Him and Ritchie will get protected in the expansion draft.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I can’t not like Fred

Just seems like a real team player and is all effort. Feels a little like Tie Domi too. Not in size. But in the whole “take one...or four...to give one” type fighting style.

Still not sure about what he brings offensively, but I’ve got lots of hope after a relatively small sample size

He did ironically outscore Ovie and Wilson is the 2 recent games. I think he will be a good long term 3rd liner that stands up for his team and provides the needed muscle. He will get better as a fighter, considering he came up the US development and college route not known for fights. As opposed to coming up in Junior B and progressing to Major Junior where a lot of guys hone that skill set and are on teams for that reason.

He was never drafted as a pugilist, not even a hint that was in his toolbox, so he has some catching up to do. He learned about guys jumping him with Lemieux and not to take so many haymakers and throw yourself off center. He has had 2 years of pro experience in the AHL and that's when he started fighting. Give him some time with McQuaid and he will be a force. He has shown not to be intimidated. He is not going after guys like 19 year non fighters like Andrei Svechnikov. Three fights this year, two with Wilson and they are even now and one with Lemieux.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Not at all fair, but ultimately Frederic is to blame for Carlo getting concussed..... because Tom Wilson is a sociopath.

Frederic got Wilson mad, so Wilson went into his unhinged heat seeking mode. Turned his amp up to 11 and started running around looking for someone in a vulnerable spot. And as Tom Wilson does, he found a victim.

Professional hockey players risk injury, of course. But they should be able to play the game without fear there is someone on the ice that WANTS to hurt them. Wants to ram their heads into the glass if he can.

League needs to neuter that rabid dog.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Mainly because of two bullshit misconduct penalties... but the kid has been doing his job phenomenally for a 23 years old with less than 50 games under his belt.

Love that the offense is starting to come. Great "give and go" with McAvoy last night.

Agree with all you say ,but has to get a bit smarter and has to improve his fighting skills , but give both time he is simply just learning.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Not at all fair, but ultimately Frederic is to blame for Carlo getting concussed..... because Tom Wilson is a sociopath.

Frederic got Wilson mad, so Wilson went into his unhinged heat seeking mode. Turned his amp up to 11 and started running around looking for someone in a vulnerable spot. And as Tom Wilson does, he found a victim.

Professional hockey players risk injury, of course. But they should be able to play the game without fear there is someone on the ice that WANTS to hurt them. Wants to ram their heads into the glass if he can.

League needs to neuter that rabid dog.

It’s not Frederic’s fault at all.

League hopefully takes care of Wilson. It’s not realistic to not play him hard given how he plays when on the ice. I loved everything about how Fred was going at Wilson.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
It’s not Frederic’s fault at all.

League hopefully takes care of Wilson. It’s not realistic to not play him hard given how he plays when on the ice. I loved everything about how Fred was going at Wilson.
I know. I was being a facetious suggesting that the League has allowed a situation to exist that means anyone that gets under tough guy Tommy’s skin risks setting a rabid dog loose who will ultimately bite some innocent person.

It’s the League’s fault that players don’t have any choice but to treat this sociopath with kids gloves lest he go loco and hurt someone. Badly.

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
I love this kid. It's so fun to watch him mix it up and agitate then he has a game every so often that reminds you he was a 1st round pick for a reason. He does remind me of Marchand in his rookie year, different style of course but similarly entertaining.

He's got some sneaky good hands. Beautiful tip on Charlie's slap pass. Almost set up Coyle for the one handed deflection again. His hits are much more purposeful than when he first came in to the league. When he gains some man strength he's going to be an absolute beast to play against.

3 goals in his last 6 games, he's got people's attention now. If I'm Sweeney I hang on to him for dear life, you know other teams will be calling.

Reactions: BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Only could imagine what the garden would have been like last night. This city feeds off players like Freddy

legit think it would’ve been a scarring experience for the capitals and that they would never want to come back here. Pissed off fan base up 5 goals, they would have been RUTHLESS

Reactions: BMC and easton117

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
He did ironically outscore Ovie and Wilson is the 2 recent games. I think he will be a good long term 3rd liner that stands up for his team and provides the needed muscle. He will get better as a fighter, considering he came up the US development and college route not known for fights. As opposed to coming up in Junior B and progressing to Major Junior where a lot of guys hone that skill set and are on teams for that reason.

He was never drafted as a pugilist, not even a hint that was in his toolbox, so he has some catching up to do. He learned about guys jumping him with Lemieux and not to take so many haymakers and throw yourself off center. He has had 2 years of pro experience in the AHL and that's when he started fighting. Give him some time with McQuaid and he will be a force. He has shown not to be intimidated. He is not going after guys like 19 year non fighters like Andrei Svechnikov. Three fights this year, two with Wilson and they are even now and one with Lemieux.

If he does end up on the third line, he'll be a winger for the next 5 years unless they move Coyle to wing which seems unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln