Player Discussion Trent Frederic II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Or maybe it's something as simple as a combination of his own improved play, confidence and support from the coaching staff, and Hall on the other wing.

I will say Frederic's game hasn't really changed that much all year, the pts are just coming now. He might not be driving play but he is real complimentary piece on that line and only taking up 8% of its cap space.
So you don’t think it’s a coincidence about 50% of his points this year have come in a 5 game stretch with Hall?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
what I`ve appreciated more is it appears he has stopped all the post whistle BS. I get it, guys trash talk all the time to try and get under the skin of an opponent but it wasn`t working for him IMO. He seems to be playing with much more focus on where he needs to be on the ice. Far quicker to read a play or attack the D when they go back to retrieve it.

Obviously having a guy like Hall on that line helps a ton but Freddy hasn`t been taking those stupid penalties as much either. I`ve been hard on the kid, hell I`ve driven him to the airport a number of times but like his game so far, much more consistent and not saying that simply because he`s producing a bit offensively. He is far more noticeable this year but in a good way

Reactions: quietbruinfan

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Or maybe it's something as simple as a combination of his own improved play, confidence and support from the coaching staff, and Hall on the other wing.

I will say Frederic's game hasn't really changed that much all year, the pts are just coming now. He might not be driving play but he is real complimentary piece on that line and only taking up 8% of its cap space.
Agree with the talent and linemate assessment but I think you meant .8%. 8% would have him making about 6+ million. I really like this player and if buying a jersey it would be a Freddy but not at 6+ million, not yet anyway.

Reactions: Over the volcano

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Agree with the talent and linemate assessment but I think you meant .8%. 8% would have him making about 6+ million. I really like this player and if buying a jersey it would be a Freddy but not at 6+ million, not yet anyway.
I think he meant on that line specifically, not overall team.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Meant he is making 8% of what his line costs against the cap. Hall 6 Coyle 5.25 Frederic 1ish

Yup Bruinswillwin77's got it

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
IMO if Chia were referring to him, he would classify TF as:

"A long guy, good length, big body, lanky and still growing into himself, good skater and plays a heavy game. " One of those comments where it's not what "is" said, but instead, what isn't said.

For me (and mgmt IMO) It'll be interesting to see how he develops this year on the 3rd line with trust and confidence of the coaching and a long leash. I'm seeing a guy that has those Chia attributes, but is still slow (not F/D but let's say C level) to process the play. Get's to the net but with head down as opposed to head up so a really binary N-S game that isn't creative but it can be coached. Controlling the chippy stuff and good on the boards for puck protection and simple plays. Overall what you would want for a 4th line tweener. To become a legit middle 6 guy, needs to grow into reading /driving plays more and at least for me, go to the net edge heads up - going in heads up is a massive driver for production down low and JM can teach that and make this kid a 20/20 guy down low for the next 7-10 years if he get's it right.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
.... To become a legit middle 6 guy, needs to grow into reading /driving plays more and at least for me, go to the net edge heads up - going in heads up is a massive driver for production down low and JM can teach that and make this kid a 20/20 guy down low for the next 7-10 years if he get's it right.
Totally fair - should be said that his #'s in 2022 going back to last Jan 1 have him right at that pace. 48games 13 goals 13 assists (quick and maybe inaccurate math).

Think it was around then he was bumped up to 3rd line duty.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Totally fair - should be said that his #'s in 2022 going back to last Jan 1 have him right at that pace. 48games 13 goals 13 assists (quick and maybe inaccurate math).

Think it was around then he was bumped up to 3rd line duty.
Yeah. I don't think it is a stretch but I think he needs to be taught and then to listen and adapt which it seems he is willing to do. I don't forget that this is a team that has a 4 GF avg so far and the depth is a safety net for him and the bottom six as they can just roll with the offense and take advantage of playing from ahead. When that goes away and they need to play from behind he needs to build these additional skills or it will be 4th liner 5-8 G / 8-10 A player cherry picking. Like they say in business, never get too high, nor too low. He has real stuff to develop to become a bonafide 20/20 guy on any team - not there yet but can get there IMO.

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
i've really enjoyed watching him play this year. i read an astute observation here recently that frederic has a much improved game between the blue lines and how he gets switched with coyle on d that after repeated watching is spot on. hes always been tough on the puck.he has good hands. i'm rooting for him to continue to grow into an important piece for us.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
i've really enjoyed watching him play this year. i read an astute observation here recently that frederic has a much improved game between the blue lines and how he gets switched with coyle on d that after repeated watching is spot on. hes always been tough on the puck.he has good hands. i'm rooting for him to continue to grow into an important piece for us.
looks like his skating has improved as well, felt he was late delivering checks or on the forecheck, stride looks much stronger

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
He’s not hesitating or second guessing himself out there.
I was going to say that I feel this is key.

He's shown the ability to play well at the NHL level for some time. But now he's just playing. Not trying to find his niche, or forcing anything. Just playing.

He compliments that line so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad