Player Discussion Trent Frederic II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think the way it's going Kuraly is not re-signed and Trent gets the 4th line center job next season. If he can drive a 4th line like Kuraly used to do, or get a Merlot line thing going it would be huge. He's young still and will have an opportunity to play his way up the lineup if he can.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Since Trent got speared in the boys, I wonder if Brad still feels this way about such things:

Prust: $5,000 spearing fine 'money well spent'

'Asked why so many NHL players use their stick to target the groin area, Marchand said everyone does it.

"Clearly, it doesn't feel good and it hurts," Marchand said. "Whenever you're upset at someone or you want to take a shot, it's an easy place to target and you know it's going to hurt, so that's why a lot of guys do it."

Added Marchand: "There are a lot of good players that take jabs at guys, so people can say whatever they want. I'm not overly upset about what happened. I've done it, and I'm sure he's done it before and I'm sure it won't be the last. It won't be the last time I do it. It's part of hockey."

Marchand admitted he had said something to Prust earlier in the game that could have sparked the incident. Marchand also said he wouldn't have been upset if Prust wasn't fined for his actions.

"I wouldn't want him to lose that much money over what happened," Marchand said. "I think suspensions are worthy when guys get hurt or if it's a really bad shot, but I've done it before and lots of guys do that all the time. It's part of the game." '

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I think the way it's going Kuraly is not re-signed and Trent gets the 4th line center job next season. If he can drive a 4th line like Kuraly used to do, or get a Merlot line thing going it would be huge. He's young still and will have an opportunity to play his way up the lineup if he can.

I would say 10% chance or less they sign Kuraly. However, not sure Freddy will get a C spot next year. All depends on whether they re-sign Krecji, which I don't think they will, and if they don't, do they bring in a top 9 C or do you slot Coyle/Stud in 2/3. That's the only way he gets a C spot next year and I'd imagine they would try to sign/trade for a top 6 C. We shall see.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I would say 10% chance or less they sign Kuraly. However, not sure Freddy will get a C spot next year. All depends on whether they re-sign Krecji, which I don't think they will, and if they don't, do they bring in a top 9 C or do you slot Coyle/Stud in 2/3. That's the only way he gets a C spot next year and I'd imagine they would try to sign/trade for a top 6 C. We shall see.

That's right- Stud needs a spot. From all I understand, Frederic is better at center than at wing, at least that is what Providence guys were saying, and then Stud is a natural center too. I wonder now if Krejci is going be let go along with Kuraly and they are going to run with Stud as the 2c. It will be interesting.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
That's right- Stud needs a spot. From all I understand, Frederic is better at center than at wing, at least that is what Providence guys were saying, and then Stud is a natural center too. I wonder now if Krejci is going be let go along with Kuraly and they are going to run with Stud as the 2c. It will be interesting.

Yea I'm curious to see. I've really liked what I've seen from Studs he just hasn't got the results quite yet. Another year/muscle packed on could make him dangerous... and allow them to spend that Krejci money on better wingers. Then you go Bergy/Stud/Coyle/Frederic down the middle. I'd really love for them to try and land Barkov, or something of that ilk. Need to start planning for the future at C unfortunately. It'll definitely be interesting to see what they do.

Reactions: Dr Hook

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Some ppl call Marchand the biggest scum bag in the league. I feel like if Wilson was a bruin everyone would love him.

Not if he kept headshotting people and putting his team at a major disadvantage for long stretches of time. People were growing tired of Marchand before he cleaned up his act and became elite, and he wasn’t as malicious as Tom is (imo)

if he played like he did last night without the Carlo hit he would absolutely be beloved though

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Some ppl call Marchand the biggest scum bag in the league. I feel like if Wilson was a bruin everyone would love him.

Of course we would love him, but I was never a fan of Brad's dirty shit and he did some things that made me me ashamed that he was one of our guys. His hit on Mojo, the lick, that stuff just sucked and I was in no way going to go out and defend him doing that sort of thing.

Reactions: Kalus and BMC

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Not if he kept headshotting people and putting his team at a major disadvantage for long stretches of time. People were growing tired of Marchand before he cleaned up his act and became elite, and he wasn’t as malicious as Tom is (imo)

if he played like he did last night without the Carlo hit he would absolutely be beloved though
I mean they’ve both hurt guys with dirty hits, Marchand has had headshots, gone after many players legs.

The production level is really the difference I think, Marchand puts up double the points, so the leash is a little longer. But both are probably in the top 3-5 of the dirtiest guys in the league in the last ten years.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I mean they’ve both hurt guys with dirty hits, Marchand has had headshots, gone after many players legs.

The production level is really the difference I think, Marchand puts up double the points, so the leash is a little longer. But both are probably in the top 3-5 of the dirtiest guys in the league in the last ten years.

No doubt Brad has been dirty, I think he even admitted it last night. I honestly think their size difference plays the biggest role in people’s perception of the two. Seems like Wilson causes more injuries and it’s because he flies for a guy his size. It’s easier for him to do damage. Doesn’t mean Marchand hasn’t done damage to players (Mojo, Umberger) but generally speaking I just think there’s a difference in the level of trauma caused by the two

Reactions: The National

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
No doubt Brad has been dirty, I think he even admitted it last night. I honestly think their size difference plays the biggest role in people’s perception of the two. Seems like Wilson causes more injuries and it’s because he flies for a guy his size. It’s easier for him to do damage. Doesn’t mean Marchand hasn’t done damage to players (Mojo, Umberger) but generally speaking I just think there’s a difference in the level of trauma caused by the two
Yeah that’s all fair, I agree.

Reactions: CDJ

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

That's hockey. NHL fans are some of the most myopic people on the planet.

In no other sport can you have an incident happen and have 2 sets of fans differ 180 degrees on what happened and who is at fault, solely because of who they root for.

Arguing about suspensions and crying about officiating is what makes us special.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Of course we would love him, but I was never a fan of Brad's dirty shit and he did some things that made me me ashamed that he was one of our guys. His hit on Mojo, the lick, that stuff just sucked and I was in no way going to go out and defend him doing that sort of thing.

Fully agree.

Also, this will be an unpopular opinion, but I respect the fact Wilson went with Tinordi. As a first liner, he didn't have to go with a 7/8 dman like that. I think he gleefully went with Frederic, though. The game was out of reach, so why not teach the kid a lesson.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I could do without Marchand ever throwing some of those dirty elbows and hits he did in his younger days. If Wilson could control himself he'd be loved here.

Reactions: Kalus and Dr Hook

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I've been on record as saying that he'd be great on Bruins. And that every team in the League would feel similarly.

HOWEVER....

In fairness to me, I had foolishly thought the 20 game suspension had got him at least straddling the line. Yes, he was still very aggressive and threw some borderline hits but for two years he didn't seem to be as psychotic. Maybe I'd just not seen him enough - but to me at least he seemed to have improved his behavior.

So what happened with Carlo? Wilson lost his mind and was raging through bloodshot eyes just because a rookie had got under his and his team's skin. If that's all it takes to set him off and trying to really hurt someone then he's not improved at all. Screw him, he shouldn't be on the Bruins or any team in the League.

Reactions: Kegs

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I could do without Marchand ever throwing some of those dirty elbows and hits he did in his younger days. If Wilson could control himself he'd be loved here.
I agree, but obviously he can't. He's Matt Cooke and Raffi Torres. Damaged goods. And by damaged goods, I mean mentally defective. If he was a dog he'd have been put down ages ago.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Take away the borderline play and what are you left with? A $5mil guy who can kill penalties and put up 20 goals/40 pts if he's playing on a line with Ovechkin.

Take away the borderline play of Marchand and what are you left with? A perennial allstar and HOF caliber player at only 1mil more per year.

Anyone trying to compare the two is waaaaaaaay misguided.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Hook and Kegs

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
We found the guy to get under the skin of guys like Ovie and Wilson. Why trade for Wilson when we have an unfolding version of him, minus the dirty crap.

Reactions: BMC

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
We found the guy to get under the skin of guys like Ovie and Wilson. Why trade for Wilson when we have an unfolding version of him, minus the dirty crap.
Agree 100%. I remember watching Freddy play for team USA and thinking man this guy has nice hands around the net for a big guy. I think as he gets more comfortable and more experience d he'll really blossom and probably move up the line up like Marchy did. I especially like the way he plays without taking stupid penalties.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Take away the borderline play and what are you left with? A $5mil guy who can kill penalties and put up 20 goals/40 pts if he's playing on a line with Ovechkin.

Take away the borderline play of Marchand and what are you left with? A perennial allstar and HOF caliber player at only 1mil more per year.

Anyone trying to compare the two is waaaaaaaay misguided.
Lol. Okay fair. Marchand is the goat agitator. Wilson is a 20 goal a year power forward head hunter.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
You gotta love the kid- he appears to be having a great time even when he's exchanging punches. Now that's one happy camper! :nod:

Reactions: Bodit9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille