Player Discussion Trent Frederic II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
You gotta love the kid- he appears to be having a great time even when he's exchanging punches. Now that's one happy camper! :nod:
I love the kids swashbuckling attitude as much as anyone but then we have games like yesterday where he is invisible. Maybe that’s not fair as the whole team sucked but he still isn’t out of the woods as far as proving his is a legit 3rd liner . Like everyone else I sure as hell want him to succeed for the entertainment value alone .

Reactions: BMC

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida

For anyone that hasn't listened to this, I came away very impressed with Frederic. Sounds like an earnest genuine good guy. One of the hosts is his trainer, Jeff Lovechio (former P Bruin), who gushed over the kid's work ethic. He trains 7 days a week in the offseason and follows his trainer's instructions to a T. Also sounds like he doesn't drink during the season and is hyper focused on his diet; sending screenshots of all his meals to Jeff. This guy is all in and a true professional.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011

This was a great listen. Freddy seems like a very down to earth but dedicated guy. Also LoVecchio had some great Bergeron and Marchand anecdotes from his time in training camp too, highly recommend!

Trent doesn't come on until around the 20 minute mark though, not missing much if you were to skip ahead lol

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Frederic has been a pleasant surprise in our bottom 6 so far this season. Jeff Marek was on Spittin Chiclets and he asked someone from the Bruins about when they picked Frederic in the 1st round and he was told the team had intel that Anaheim was going to take him with the very next pick.

Reactions: CDJ

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I hope he’s a lifer. He’s such a piece of shit in the best way.

I’d love to see his offensive game round out a bit (its gotten a lot better recently) but that’s honestly just gravy.

The only player we’ve had in recent history rise to such a cult following so quickly has been Pasta... Not bad considering the differences in their games. Can’t wait to see how he continues to develop.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I hope he’s a lifer. He’s such a piece of shit in the best way.

I’d love to see his offensive game round out a bit (its gotten a lot better recently) but that’s honestly just gravy.

The only player we’ve had in recent history rise to such a cult following so quickly has been Pasta... Not bad considering the differences in their games. Can’t wait to see how he continues to develop.

IDK Tim Shaller got one pretty quick

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
Frederic can shoot the puck and the offense will come as he continues to gain confidence.....I've seen him score some goals in Providence that were no doubt "NHL shots"

I also think his skating is better than many anticipated. Just let the kid continue to find his way, develop and build confidence at the NHL level and he'll be just fine

The best part about this season is the influx of young players who are not out of place at all. This team desperately needed the infusion of youth and having Frederic, Studnicka, Lauzon, Zboril, Vaakanainen all establishing themselves as every day NHL players is going to be so important for this team over the next few years.

I'm really hoping that Senyshyn gets an extended look at some point too....he's another one that has the skating and shot to succeed at the NHL level and to my eyes, he looked pretty good when he has been called up and I think he'll stick once he gets "his chance"

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
Did Ovi actually "remove" his balls? Or has the coaching staff told him to relax?
Since that washington game he's basically been filling the shoes of Bjork...

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Did Ovi actually "remove" his balls? Or has the coaching staff told him to relax?
Since that washington game he's basically been filling the shoes of Bjork...

He got 17 PIM the game after the one you’re referencing iirc (I think he took the dick shot in the first of the doubleheader, scrapped with Wilson in the 2nd part)

He has been relatively quiet the last couple games but I don’t expect him to be a lunatic 24/7- even when he’s “quiet” I still see him being positionally sound and strong along the boards. Basically all I can ask from a rookie bottom 6er

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
He got 17 PIM the game after the one you’re referencing iirc (I think he took the dick shot in the first of the doubleheader, scrapped with Wilson in the 2nd part)

He has been relatively quiet the last couple games but I don’t expect him to be a lunatic 24/7- even when he’s “quiet” I still see him being positionally sound and strong along the boards. Basically all I can ask from a rookie bottom 6er
Certainly not looking for a lunatic. But ya...

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Certainly not looking for a lunatic. But ya...

Bruins have guys in the lineup who can step up and drop the gloves to where Frederic doesn’t also have to be the one to do it.

I think Frederic is going to be a longer term player even in the NHL. He’s going to have his slow patches and struggles. Speed I think will become less of an issue as long as he works on it (and it sounds like he gets after it so I love hearing about that commitment). Physicality and nasty will definitely motivate him. Offense will be slow but he has the shot and style to produce goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad