Friedman: Travis Dermott very likely to be traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Hes in his D+7 year and put up 5 points this season. I'm not sure how much developing he still has lol.
I understand what your saying but sometimes it takes players a little longer. Some guys don’t even make it to the NHL until their late 20’s and have a stellar career. I wouldn’t mind trading him for a reclamation player at 25 that will be around for a while. But not for a 38 year with a year or 2 left.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I understand what your saying but sometimes it takes players a little longer. Some guys don’t even make it to the NHL until their late 20’s and have a stellar career. I wouldn’t mind trading him for a reclamation player at 25 that will be around for a while. But not for a 38 year with a year or 2 left.
I get that but if you're trying to win a cup, Gio is a big upgrade on Dermott for this year.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Sean Durzi, Carter Verhaeghe, Mason Marchment are 3 recent lessons why you don't give up on a young player too early. Don't let Dermott be another lesson. Wait another year and let the new GM decide, not Dubas.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Dermott and a couple 2nds for schenn and motte? I dono?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Sean Durzi, Carter Verhaeghe, Mason Marchment are 3 recent lessons why you don't give up on a young player too early. Don't let Dermott be another lesson. Wait another year and let the new GM decide, not Dubas.
Dermott is a vastly different situation then those guys. He is what he is at this point. They were prospects.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
I remember when he was touted as a future top pairing Dman. Classic :laugh:
As a Leafs fan, i do not think i have ever heard anyone ever say anything of the sort. His top end potential has only ever been middle pairing and that is still the case.
Same way Sandin has middle pair potential, but closer (potential wise) to a #3, while Dermott would be closer to a #4

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Seattle isn't trading their captain for a guy who is barely above what you find on the waiver wire. They are loaded with depth guys, they need quality. They'll trade Gio for futures and hope they pan out better than Dermott.
Do futures play the left or right side?

If you think anyone is saying Gio for Dermott straight up you are being purposefully dense.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Not obvious in the sense that Motte is a UFA and Dermott is signed for next year and under control. Dermott for Motte plus. Dermott for Motte and Schenn
Pass… I wouldn’t even trade schenn straight up for dermott (he’s cheaper and plays a good role with Hughes right now). Motte on his own has more value than dermott (even as a UFA) not to mention throwing in schenn too.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Do futures play the left or right side?

If you think anyone is saying Gio for Dermott straight up you are being purposefully dense.

The post i quoted literally said gio for dermott and a late pick. Either you hold late draft picks in much higher regard than I do or you're unintentionally dense.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
The post i quoted literally said gio for dermott and a late pick. Either you hold late draft picks in much higher regard than I do or you're unintentionally dense.
Irrelevant. We agree they want futures, what those are is TBD. If you pointed out when the pick was that would be one thing, but you seem intent in crapping on a player for being mentioned as part of a package. You completely ignore they need to ice players now, which was my point.

This is just another in a long list of horrible posts by you, so can't say I'm surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca