Friedman: Travis Dermott very likely to be traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
said on the Jeff Markek show today that Travis Dermott is very likely to be traded regardless of what else the Leafs do.

We have all heard the rumors of Giordano wanting to come home and I think that is where this is going and I would not have an issue with it for a couple reasons.

1 even at his advanced age Giordano is still better than Dermott and anything that makes Toronto better is a good deal.

but also it would clear 1.5 million off the cap going forward

between Ritchie< Dermott and Kessel coming off the books thats an extra 5.2 million to work with in the off season so if you want to look at it from a future standpoint there are positives there as well.

I am not suggesting Dermott for Giordano straight up but I do think if Giordano comes to Toronto Dermott is in that deal.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Makes sense...with the kids playing so well this year and more blueline help on the way (one assumes), no idea where Dermott fits in.

He's a pretty ok player IMO who can do a solid enough job in a low-minute pairing. But if you can get value out of him (either directly or as a piece in a larger deal), you might as well if you are Toronto. I don't see much of a future for him there.

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
will be interesting to see the return considering the names leaf fans have been floating out for him

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I said last year before he was signed for two more years that I see Dermott as a reliable, professional D Man now. In short, he will have a career somewhere and will only improve with age.

Any team on the rebuild would be a good spot for him. Seattle does make sense for sure.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
After seeing the prices for other players.

I'd hope for at least a third + a C+ level prospect or a throw-in for a better player.

A place like Ottawa would be a good spot for him. He's better than what they currently have , Mete/Brown/Holden. He's young and fits their time frame and is cost controlled for Melnyk.

Dermott for an early 3rd and Reinhardt/D'aoust

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
With these TDL prices should at least return a 1st rounder.
Or maybe a bad player on an expiring contract and a mid rounder
After seeing the prices for other players.

I'd hope for at least a third + a C+ level prospect or a throw-in for a better player.

A place like Ottawa would be a good spot for him. He's better than what they currently have , Mete/Brown/Holden. He's young and fits their time frame and is cost controlled for Melnyk.

Dermott for a 3rd and Aspirot/D'aoust
Change the prospect to Mete. I've been thinking 3rd or 4th + Mete for Dermott makes sense for a while. I wouldnt give up Reinhardt or Daoust on top of a 3rd, could see the organization doing it depending on how DJ feels about Dermott, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino