Friedman: Travis Dermott very likely to be traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Irrelevant. We agree they want futures, what those are is TBD. If you pointed out when the pick was that would be one thing, but you seem intent in crapping on a player for being mentioned as part of a package. You completely ignore they need to ice players now, which was my point.

This is just another in a long list of horrible posts by you, so can't say I'm surprised.

Okay, you continue to be pissy about, so I'll break it down for you slowly.

Gio for Dermott and late pick I think is a win-win.

Leafs fan makes this proposal

Seattle isn't trading their captain for a guy who is barely above what you find on the waiver wire. They are loaded with depth guys, they need quality. They'll trade Gio for futures and hope they pan out better than Dermott.

I say Dermott is not enough to return Gio and omit the "late pick" as the late pick is clearly a throw in as they don't have much value and the thread is about Dermott

Do futures play the left or right side?

If you think anyone is saying Gio for Dermott straight up you are being purposefully dense.

You make a post saying no Leafs fan would ever suggest Dermott is worth Gio

The post i quoted literally said gio for dermott and a late pick. Either you hold late draft picks in much higher regard than I do or you're unintentionally dense.

I remind you the first post I quoted was saying the difference between them is only a late pick, which is negligible.

You then make your most recent post, crying that I'm just crapping on Dermott, when you yourself just said suggesting trading Gio for Dermott was "purposefully dense". Continue to move the goal posts and forget what you are complaining about in your long list of horrible posts.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

I say Dermott is not enough to return Gio and omit the "late pick" as the late pick is clearly a throw in as they don't have much value and the thread is about Dermott

I remind you the first post I quoted was saying the difference between them is only a late pick, which is negligible.

You then make your most recent post, crying that I'm just crapping on Dermott, when you yourself just said suggesting trading Gio for Dermott was "purposefully dense". Continue to move the goal posts and forget what you are complaining about in your long list of horrible posts.
I see the issue, you don't understand what straight up means.

There's no moving of goal posts, just a bitter Habs fan that flocks to nearly every Leafs thread beating the same drums.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

This is such a whiny post. Ok, so Gio has been traded to the Leafs, we don't know the return yet. How about you state what you believe the return will be, and then we can compare who was closer to the Mark.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I see the issue, you don't understand what straight up means.

There's no moving of goal posts, just a bitter Habs fan that flocks to nearly every Leafs thread beating the same drums.

You were the one who brought "straight up" into the conversation. Its hilariously how furiously you cling to that "late pick" that was so casually thrown on it was never even specified what round it was in.

Luckily, Gio has actually been traded to the Leafs as you have been embarrassing yourself here, so you can be proven wrong in real time. Something tells me it will be for more than Dermott and a late pick...

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
This is such a whiny post. Ok, so Gio has been traded to the Leafs, we don't know the return yet. How about you state what you believe the return will be, and then we can compare who was closer to the Mark.

Funny how you Leafs fans are repeatedly attacking me personally when all I do is post the evidence to support that I'm right. No one is disagreeing with the true things I'm saying, you just don't like that I'm saying it.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Funny how you Leafs fans are repeatedly attacking me personally when all I do is post the evidence to support that I'm right. No one is disagreeing with the true things I'm saying, you just don't like that I'm saying it.

Well you seem adamant that the value of Dermott + late pick (late is arbitrary, I was thinking ~3rd/4th when I put it out) is not enough. So show some balls and make your own prediction and we'll see who was right. Is that not a fair ask?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Well you seem adamant that the value of Dermott + late pick (late is arbitrary, I was thinking ~3rd/4th when I put it out) is not enough. So show some balls and make your own prediction and we'll see who was right. Is that not a fair ask?

2nd + 3rd give or take

sweet back tracking to redefine a 3rd as a late pick though

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
2nd + 3rd give or take

sweet back tracking to redefine a 3rd as a late pick though

Leafs 3rd is around 90 4th is 120th. To me, that's a late pick, especially as it would have to be 2 years from now.

...but honestly, this unwarranted hostility aside, my proposal of Dermott + let's call it 4th is not that different from your 2+3rd. At least not different enough for you get so upset over. Frankly, 2nd+3rd two years from now is also reasonable.

What was unreasonable was the asks for a 1st+.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Leafs 3rd is around 90 4th is 120th. To me, that's a late pick, especially as it would have to be 2 years from now.

...but honestly, this unwarranted hostility aside, my proposal of Dermott + let's call it 4th is not that different from your 2+3rd. At least not different enough for you get so upset over. Frankly, 2nd+3rd two years from now is also reasonable.

We clearly see Dermott very differently, especially to a team like Seattle. If Dermott is included in the deal it will be as a cap/roster spot consideration, not as a replacement for a 2nd round pick.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
We clearly see Dermott very differently, especially to a team like Seattle. If Dermott is included in the deal it will be as a cap/roster spot consideration, not as a replacement for a 2nd round pick.

I think the value for Dermott is a 3rd. So I say 3rd+4th you say 3rd+2nd. Those are both reasonable assumptions and not that far off in value, so again I don't get your hostility here.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I think the value for Dermott is a 3rd. So I say 3rd+4th you say 3rd+2nd. Those are both reasonable assumptions and not that far off in value, so again I don't get your hostility here.

Again, I don't think we see Dermott the same at all.

Its also pretty ironic that you are complaing I am "hostile" when your Leaf buddy was calling me dense and making horrible posts then you said I was whiny. Can't have it both ways chief.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Again, I don't think we see Dermott the same at all.

Its also pretty ironic that you are complaing I am "hostile" when your Leaf buddy was calling me dense and making horrible posts then you said I was whiny. Can't have it both ways chief.

He didn't quote me - you did and yours is the post I've read and replied to, and it was pretty whiny to tell the truth. Anyway, the details are about to come out so we'll see what the futures, retention, etc is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad