Traverse City Prospect Tournament: Vesey Leads Tournament in Points/Goals

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
TC is REALLY out of the way, too
260 miles NNW of Detroit,
if there were a hand in the 'mitten', TC is at tip of pinky

Haha yeah I looked into it a few years back. I've driven out to Bear Lake and thought that was out of the way Michigan. Little did I know...

Leslie Treff

Sep 18, 2005
New York
A plug for Traverse City here.

It is out of the way (about an hour flight north of Detroit)--but absolutely beautiful. The terrain, the lake, the air. The artwork just north in Petoski. The golfing. Mackinac Island not far away.

Not paradise (there are shady parts of the town), but during this time of year, it is very mild and just incredibly special. I am excited to be going there.

Tournament starts two weeks from today.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
A plug for Traverse City here.

It is out of the way (about an hour flight north of Detroit)--but absolutely beautiful. The terrain, the lake, the air. The artwork just north in Petoski. The golfing. Mackinac Island not far away.

Not paradise (there are shady parts of the town), but during this time of year, it is very mild and just incredibly special. I am excited to be going there.

Tournament starts two weeks from today.
yeah my wife is from ann arbor and we went up there with the inlaws a few months back... really a lot of fun, we went to Mackinac island as well, and a few other places in that area...pretty nice. But Traverse City is EXPENSIVE...i know you new yorkers will say thats nothing new...but for a guy living in atlanta...i got some sticker shock lol.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Anyone know how Traverse affects our WHL guys in regards to when they play for their WHL teams? Do they not start playing for their WHL teams until after Traverse ends?

Regina had their first pre-season game last night and they did not have Zboro.

All of Prince George, Regina, and Vancouver play pre-season games tonight. Those are the teams of Morrison, Zboro, and Ronning.

Should I not expect to see any of them play for their WHL teams until after Traverse ends?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Should I not expect to see any of them play for their WHL teams until after Traverse ends?

Or even later, after TC prob they'll come to NYR camp a few days, maybe play in rookie games ...

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Or even later, after TC prob they'll come to NYR camp a few days, maybe play in rookie games ...

Thanks cwede. I figured something was up when I saw that Morrison wasn't playing for PG today, yet Jesse Gabrielle is playing. The Bruins (Gabrielle went to them in the 4th round) don't participate in Traverse.

For anyone interested, I found a nice article that contains background and history to the tournament...as well as this year's schedule. $10 a day (4 games) is a hell of a bargain for die-hard hockey fans interested in prospects:

http://www.record-eagle.com/sports/...cle_812a3fea-c821-5ba4-8834-10f922388fa0.html

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
yeah my wife is from ann arbor and we went up there with the inlaws a few months back... really a lot of fun, we went to Mackinac island as well, and a few other places in that area...pretty nice. But Traverse City is EXPENSIVE...i know you new yorkers will say thats nothing new...but for a guy living in atlanta...i got some sticker shock lol.
Hahaha. I find it amusing to hear when people living in the US think things are more expensive in different parts of the US. You should try Norway. Iceland. Sweden. Denmark. Japan. London. Even Venice. Or Canada. That is some expensive taste right there. Mackinac Island is a cool place with its fudge, horses and Grand Hotel though.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Hahaha. I find it amusing to hear when people living in the US think things are more expensive in different parts of the US. You should try Norway. Iceland. Sweden. Denmark. Japan. London. Even Venice. Or Canada. That is some expensive taste right there. Mackinac Island is a cool place with its fudge, horses and Grand Hotel though.

yeah, ive been to most of those places...but usually on someone elses dime lol...my wife and i went to Paris on our honeymoon, which was expensive, but my wife is a genius at stretching $$$ so it wasnt that bad tbh.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Having NHL-ready or nearly NHL-ready guys in Butcher and Vesey plus guys with real good experience playing pro hockey like Kovacs, Stromwall, Calle, and good college kids in Fogarty and Nieves should be enough to give them a real good chance to win the tournament. This is the best Traverse squad the Rangers assembled in over a decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad