Traverse City Prospect Tournament: Vesey Leads Tournament in Points/Goals

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I liked Vesey, Buch, Kovacs, Stromwall, Nieves

On D Gilmour, Zborovskiy I found interesting, Gilmour was overall more consistent.

Day, he has skating and talent, but seems really raw.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
how many shots a game were we giving up?

http://pointstreak.com/prostats/playoffstandings.html?leagueid=505&seasonid=16091

Looks like the Rangers gave up 133 shots in the 4 games (15 goals+118 saves) which was the most given up of all 8 teams. One the flipside though, they faced 3 of the teams that also took the most shots (Carolina, Dallas, Minn) in the tournament so maybe some cause and effect going on.

Their SV% was middle of the pack..4th best out of 8 teams.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
It's not the points with Vesey. Watch him. Everything he does is right on point. The skating ability. His passes are always on target. There will be growing pains as with all young players. An NHL scout told Stephen Harris of the Boston Herald before Vesey signed that Vesey will be an "excellent" top six forward by his 3rd season.

by his 3rd season I think 60 points isn't very far out of reach

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
Kevin Hayes had over 40 points in his rookie year, and I expect the same from Vesey. Kid can skate, goes to the net with or without the puck, has great awareness, and his passes have been crisp and on target.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Really happy with what I saw in Day. He could possibly be our next Yandle...

Hell yeah. He's only 18. He has at least 4 more years of developing before any expectations should be put on this kid. He's got the skill set, but he has to develop and make sure he can stay in pro shape. 2 more years in Jr. to get his confidence then 2 years in AHL to adjust to the pro speed and he should be a great future puck mover.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
It's not the points with Vesey. Watch him. Everything he does is right on point. The skating ability. His passes are always on target. There will be growing pains as with all young players. An NHL scout told Stephen Harris of the Boston Herald before Vesey signed that Vesey will be an "excellent" top six forward by his 3rd season.

Yeah, granted it was against a smorgasboard of prospects ranging from just drafted 18 year olds to 23 year old men, but he did show the right instincts and ability to make the plays. Looking forward to his preseason play

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Kevin Hayes had over 40 points in his rookie year, and I expect the same from Vesey. Kid can skate, goes to the net with or without the puck, has great awareness, and his passes have been crisp and on target.

I'm not sure I'd "expect" it out of him but I think if Hayes did it, it's possible for Vesey to do it as well. How quickly he adapts and how the coaches use him will probably be a big factor in how many points he gets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad