Traverse City Prospect Tournament: Vesey Leads Tournament in Points/Goals

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

Schedule:

September 16: Rangers vs Canes @ 3:30 (Saarela:()
September 17th: Rangers vs Stars @ 3:30
September 18th: A day of rest
September 19th: Rangers vs Wild @ 3:00
September 20th: Championship game (TBA)

Featuring:
pavel_buchnevich_russia_010215.jpg
Pavel Buchnevich
jimmy_vesey_harvard_032516.jpg
Jimmy Vesey
Twins.jpg
Swedish twins R. Kovacs & M. Stromwall

LGR :handclap:

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Awesome!

Rangers have a very good roster this year, especially at forward and goaltending. Traverse is always interesting because it has such a colossal range of prospects at different stages of development. No matter how talented some players are, I tend to notice the younger guys struggling, while more experienced, much worse prospects have lots of success.

Forwards like Nieves, Fogarty, Vesey and Buch should dominate this tournament. I expect talented players like Gropp and Ronning to take secondary roles. Really excited to see how the Swedes perform - I think it could go either way with them.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Kind of lacking on RW, unless Buch is moved is moved there. Day, Gilmour and ZBo are the focus on the D. LW is stacked. I thought Joly was a RW.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Awesome!

Rangers have a very good roster this year, especially at forward and goaltending. Traverse is always interesting because it has such a colossal range of prospects at different stages of development. No matter how talented some players are, I tend to notice the younger guys struggling, while more experienced, much worse prospects have lots of success.

Forwards like Nieves, Fogarty, Vesey and Buch should dominate this tournament. I expect talented players like Gropp and Ronning to take secondary roles. Really excited to see how the Swedes perform - I think it could go either way with them.

Stromwall and Kovacs might make an impact here as well.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Wonder if they're still holding out hope Calle Andersson can pull it together, or if they just needed a warm body in the lineup

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Wonder if they're still holding out hope Calle Andersson can pull it together, or if they just needed a warm body in the lineup

Calle plays his first year in NA, age 21, slowed midway by injury, and you think it's time to write him off? Tough crowd

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
Am I correct in assuming there won't be a live stream for the tourney? It was pretty cool when they broadcasted it on MSG that one year. The standout memory is watching Brayden McNabb completely smoke Christian Thomas, giving him a concussion and sidelining him for the start of training camp. Good times.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Guess Oksanen still rehab, but any know why no Fontaine?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'd love for Reid Duke to show something. This is a kid who had a metric TON of hype as a junior player and never really did much before his draft year. Got picked up in the mid rounds by the Wild and wasn't signed. His skill is there and he had a solid season last year.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

It's too early to give up hope on Andersson. I haven't been high on him for a couple years--he hasn't shown much development--but there's still time. He was okay last season and lost a lot of time to injury.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I'd love for Reid Duke to show something. This is a kid who had a metric TON of hype as a junior player and never really did much before his draft year. Got picked up in the mid rounds by the Wild and wasn't signed. His skill is there and he had a solid season last year.

This post made me curious, found this

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/201...t-trade-brandon-wheat-kings-contract-prospect

"...kid can skate...filthy hands..get Duke to the NHL and he displays any of the skills he's shown so far, they could be getting a 2nd or 3rd round talent"

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I saw Zack Zbroskiy and was so confused. Thought that was Sergei's Americanized name :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Love the forwards. Goaltending will be interesting. D isn't as bad as some make it out to be. A good opportunity to really see where Gilmour compares to the other kids, and Anderson has some pro experience.

I'd love to see Day paired with Zbo for the good cop/bad cop thing so the former can skate all over the ice.

Still really want to see Kovacs-Nieves-Stromwall as a unit.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've mentioned before that I think Buch could've been a really good center, if he had been put at the position like five years ago. I compare him to a poor man's Malkin.

I don't think he'll be able to play center in the NHL right away, but if its something they try to work on with him, maybe he figures it out within a season or two.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad