Traverse City Prospect Tournament: Vesey Leads Tournament in Points/Goals

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
You know it's not real hockey, right? Just some guys in Ranger uniforms and a couple of decent prospects.

I'm a Ranger fan...follow the prospects...and have high hopes for many guys playing. I'm hoping for a good showing from guys like Buch, Kovacs, Gropp, Stromwall, Vesey, etc... It's exciting to have these prospects together in the tournament.

Too bad it isn't televised...I would watch it.

Leslie Treff

Sep 18, 2005
New York
The tournament is real hockey and is an excellent way to evaluate prospects. It tells teams how their players are performing against peers, how they are in the group personality-wise (they are spending five days together and are being watched), and measures some of their improvement since last season. In between they are taught new things. It's of great value.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
The tournament is real hockey and is an excellent way to evaluate prospects. It tells teams how their players are performing against peers, how they are in the group personality-wise (they are spending five days together and are being watched), and measures some of their improvement since last season. In between they are taught new things. It's of great value.

Amen!

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

Leslie - please, any insight into Fontaine omission? thanks

emodwarf

Oct 12, 2009
Boston. Sucks.

Luger just got Treffed.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Will these games be televised or have a stream we can watch somewhere?

Likely not.

I think only one year they were televised and that was the year of the lockout.

I think Detroit may stream their games but its from one camera angle and it's tough to see player numbers.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah basically it's said over and over that the arena isn't setup for a broadcast and MSG doesn't want to spend the money to do it.

TBH though it wouldn't take much to do a cheapass stream or record and post games later. It's most likely because relatively few fans really care about and want to watch it

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Pretty ridiculous this tournament can't find its way onto Facebook Live or some other streaming service.

I'm gonna make a Kickstarter page and if I get enough donations I'll fly out to Traverse and Periscope it. I'm only half joking :sarcasm:

Leslie Treff

Sep 18, 2005
New York
I will not be able to tell you about Fontaine until I can talk to a Rangers' person. Could be a few days.

As for broadcast. One of the rinks is set up for it, the other is not. Needless to say, it is a very small venue. And it is drawing extremely large crowds of fans from all over.

When I first went in 2006, the crowds were small. Now it is hard to get a seat at any of the games. Hotels were available everywhere in 2006; now they are almost completely booked. It really is amazing what has happened to the tournament.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I hate the Dutch!!!!

800x480_IMAGE56747838.jpg

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Yeah basically it's said over and over that the arena isn't setup for a broadcast and MSG doesn't want to spend the money to do it.

TBH though it wouldn't take much to do a cheapass stream or record and post games later. It's most likely because relatively few fans really care about and want to watch it

I don't remember which is which anymore, but they play in different rinks too right over there? The main is filmable, and the rest would be very hard to get something with quality from, right? The films from the lock-out year was perfectly acceptable. But if you get one camera standing by the boards like from the scrimmages from rookie camp, its borderline if its worth broadcasting it.

I hate Traverse for this...

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I will not be able to tell you about Fontaine until I can talk to a Rangers' person. Could be a few days.

As for broadcast. One of the rinks is set up for it, the other is not. Needless to say, it is a very small venue. And it is drawing extremely large crowds of fans from all over.

When I first went in 2006, the crowds were small. Now it is hard to get a seat at any of the games. Hotels were available everywhere in 2006; now they are almost completely booked. It really is amazing what has happened to the tournament.

Weird that nobody seems to take the initiative to get a decent stream going when other indicators like this show that the tournament is getting very popular.

I think people who are interested enough in this level of hockey to watch something like this would also be willing to accept that the quality just isn't going to be up to par.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Weird that nobody seems to take the initiative to get a decent stream going when other indicators like this show that the tournament is getting very popular.

I think people who are interested enough in this level of hockey to watch something like this would also be willing to accept that the quality just isn't going to be up to par.

I suspect the organizers and participants are just fine with this being 'off the grid'

You really want to watch, gotta take a trip to Halverson's hometown

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I suspect the organizers and participants are just fine with this being 'off the grid'

You really want to watch, gotta take a trip to Halverson's hometown

Seems that way. I'd think the people who put it on would be happy to get some free ads but maybe not.

I'd love to go watch it but it's not feasible for me for a number of reasons

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Seems that way. I'd think the people who put it on would be happy to get some free ads but maybe not.
I'd love to go watch it but it's not feasible for me for a number of reasons

TC is REALLY out of the way, too
260 miles NNW of Detroit,
if there were a hand in the 'mitten', TC is at tip of pinky

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I don't remember which is which anymore, but they play in different rinks too right over there? The main is filmable, and the rest would be very hard to get something with quality from, right? The films from the lock-out year was perfectly acceptable. But if you get one camera standing by the boards like from the scrimmages from rookie camp, its borderline if its worth broadcasting it.

I hate Traverse for this...

I thought they changed rinks, and in the new rink it wasn't really feasible to film the games?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $3,470.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: