Training Camp Thread (Thursday = day off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I think coming back in November would've been wise, a lot of NHLers who were living over seas were coming back in early December and November

Maybe I am being unreasonable. But I don't see players like Barkvo, Aho, Heiskanen, or Kakko having this issue right now. If they were/are I'd be a little more understanding
Agreed. Are there any other players that are stranded? He shouldn’t get paid for any games missed due to his poor planning. The last thing he needed was more time off after playing 5 games in what, 10 months, and no games in almost 5 months?
If he misses a game or struggles out the gate, he’s in trouble. It’s not his fault JR drastically overpaid for him, but this sure doesn’t help his cause.

“Dealing with an immigration issue” is a very classy way of saying he waited too long to return to the US. The increase in COVID cases wasnt unexpected. You’d think he would have been here long before the absolute last day possible.

He and his agent dropped the ball. I’m not sure how you can give the guy a free pass unless other Fins are stranded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

55F08820-D6D5-4A2A-9BBF-BC6E1C35B370.jpeg

Sorry for the Thread
AF3C0F6E-121B-4D92-AF01-796E000A44DF.gif

I’ve been hanging on to that one for you for a while, my HF Pens friend. As you were.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I'm interested to see how Dumo looks as he looked absolutely dreadful in the Habs series. Hoping his ankle/foot have healed enough and won't become a problem moving forward.
this is one of the least brought up issues last season, yet a lot of really hinges on how Dumo plays...

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Since we probably will not see anything worthwhile being this is just scrimmages and no preseason games, I'm not really sure what we can take away from any of this?

It's just practice...

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
When was Kapanen supposed to arrive here? Wouldn’t he have needed to get here a week before training camp began to quarantine?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I thought KK was expected within the week. I'd be somewhat surprised if he actually missed a game.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I think we’ll make top 2 easily. At least it’s backed up by analytics and not just me being right all the time ;)

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
He wanted to spend the holidays with his family
before not seeing them for six months. Let me know how you’d feel if your new employer made you miss the holidays and not return to your family for six months.

Dude... You have no idea how locked down I've been lol.... I saw my dad once this year... My mom hardly, my sister not at all... And we all live in the same state

And i don't make LITERALLY I MILLIONS OF f***ING DOLLARS while swimming in COVID as an actual essential worker not an adult playing a child's game

f*** this family rationale bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad