Training Camp Thread (Thursday = day off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Finland is in lock down mode and the US has them listed as a "do not travel" location. Him not being able to get to camp has more to do with that and less to do with" durr he f***ed up".

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Finland is in lock down mode and the US has them listed as a "do not travel" location. Him not being able to get to camp has more to do with that and less to do with" durr he f***ed up".

Also, why should we fault a player for wanting to spend time with a family he likely won’t see for at least six months.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Perhaps he should've thought of that before going back to Finland? I know it's his home but he has literal contractual obligations in the states

It presumably wasn't the state of affairs when he went to Finland and also presumably the team okayed it. Keeping guys in a good mental space is more important than a few days of camp right now.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I don’t care if any player takes the year off bc of covid.

No player took the option. They had to prove medically that they or a close family were at higher risk. This is the NHL so I imagine everyone could have been eligible to do that :laugh:

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Pretty unreasonable expectation, gonna be honest. Have you heard of the ongoing global health crisis?

I think coming back in November would've been wise, a lot of NHLers who were living over seas were coming back in early December and November

Maybe I am being unreasonable. But I don't see players like Barkvo, Aho, Heiskanen, or Kakko having this issue right now. If they were/are I'd be a little more understanding

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Naw i agree @Tacitus Kilgore

He didn't need to wait until five days before camp to think about this

Covid is out of his hands

But covids been going on for almost a year... So... I guess it surprised him?

I mean just look at all the European players who've found themselves stranded right now......

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I sense people already winding up to turn Kapanen into the new whipping boy lol.

Happened the minute the idea JR overpaid for him came up

Dude is gonna have a rough go of it, now

Lol

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Happened the minute the idea JR overpaid for him came up

Dude is gonna have a rough go of it, now

Lol

If he adds to our team and we win a couple playoff rounds who gives a shit.

I still fail to see how he overpaid for him considering no top six forwards were moved for a pick prospect package and he cost less than Zucker. Coleman is probably the best comparable to Kapanen and he got a 1st and Foote.

Reactions: ZorkEnchanter

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm interested to see how Dumo looks as he looked absolutely dreadful in the Habs series. Hoping his ankle/foot have healed enough and won't become a problem moving forward.

Reactions: DRAGO 18

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
So make JR the whipping boy.

This is also acceptable

I still fail to see how he overpaid for him considering no top six forwards were moved for a pick prospect package and he cost less than Zucker. Coleman is probably the best comparable to Kapanen and he got a 1st and Foote.

Just saying what I read online lol

Dunno if it's an overpay... Or if he's really top six material..

But i know he should have had his travel itinerary set up earlier than he did lol

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Was a slight overpayment and add in Toronto’s cap situation BUT he pulled the trigger and got it done. Waiting could have lost the deal to someone else.

Wasn’t like there wouldn’t have been other teams that would have jumped in on trade talks (or were in trade talks).

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Was a slight overpayment and add in Toronto’s cap situation BUT he pulled the trigger and got it done. Waiting could have lost the deal to someone else.

Wasn’t like there wouldn’t have been other teams that would have jumped in on trade talks (or were in trade talks).

I mean, we got the best wing moved prior to the season IMO. Anderson, Domi, Saad, I take Kapanen over those guys every day of the week if we are spending our 1st.

Reactions: Jacob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad