Training Camp Thread (Thursday = day off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
cut.jpg

Penguins Invite 40 Players to Training Camp

Penguins to Open 2020-21 Training Camp on January 3 at PPG Paints Arena

Penguins forward Kasperi Kapanen to miss start of training camp | TribLIVE.com

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Kapanen not being there leads me to believe coach will try Poulin/Legare/O’Conner in his “spot” at 1RW.

Poulin is not a RW though.

If they try him on the first line, they might put Jake on RW (which happened when McCann was on that line, if I remember correctly).

Honestly, I'd move Zucker up to play RW and use Poulin with Geno and Rust. I think he'd be a good fit there.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I'm expecting McCann to be a temporary winger in the top 6:

McCann - Crosby - Guentzel
Zucker - Malkin - Rust

And I'm also expecting them to sign Nolan and keep him as a healthy scratch. For waiver purposes, I think Lafferty and Angello will be on the taxi squad.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
My boy Poulin has a "regular" number... maybe that's a good omen :sarcasm:

A better omen would be Sully playing him with Malkin and Rust.

Actually, never mind . . . that would be an omen that end of times is upon us.:sarcasm:

If they try him on the first line, they might put Jake on RW (which happened when McCann was on that line, if I remember correctly).

Honestly, I'd move Zucker up to play RW and use Poulin with Geno and Rust. I think he'd be a good fit there.

Finally, some smarts to go with those good looks . . . :popcorn:

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Can he not play RW?

I was under the impression that versatility was one of his positives.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Can he not play RW?

I was under the impression that versatility was one of his positives.

He’s definitely played some RW in juniors but who knows if he’s equally good on both sides. We’ve seen lots of “he can play both sides” when they’re nowhere near equally good on both. Errey even took a shot at Bylsma playing Bennett on the LW and how harmful it was after he was gone.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, my ears will perk up if I see Poulin getting some looks at somewhere that isn't with the extras, but I'm not holding my breath on it. I think we'll probably just see Lafferty jump up in the lineup and the Penguins will run with that until Kapanen gets here.

I also think it's possible we see Rodrigues jump up to the top line and have Poulin take his spot on the 3rd line, but I think that one is less likely.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
We need a reporter to ask Zohorna if he picked his number because it's the same as his height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->