Confirmed with Link: Training Camp Roster & Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I would like to see (and maybe this will happen) Monty get regular AHL time between games. he's not going to play much, don't want to see his development stalled.

I wouldn't pencil Monty as a future starter in the NHL since he hasn't put up decent numbers in the AHL, not to mention in the NHL, so far. At this stage he's not even a reliable NHL backup. We're putting too much hope on a 22yo kid. On the other hand, there really aren't many backup goalies available even via trade. If Bobby Rovsky steps on a lego and has to spend 10 games or so at the sick bay then that's it for the Cats.

Ofc the guy is young 'n all that but personally I don't see a future starter in him. Should be a decent backup down the line tho.
Didn't watch the game? He was the best player on the team in both games with our defense doing snow angels. Lots of tough saves that non goalies would call routine.

And the stats? I don't remember you as one of the usual suspects here with that nonsense...

Go check the Monty grade thread for last years game by game breakdown. Did all the work for you and everyone else to ignore.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
That deal is insane. Lol at Toronto, he's making less than Nylander

Didn't watch the game? He was the best player on the team in both games with our defense doing snow angels. Lots of tough saves that non goalies would call routine.

And the stats? I don't remember you as one of the usual suspects here with that nonsense...

Go check the Monty grade thread for last years game by game breakdown. Did all the work for you and everyone else to ignore.

Florida is paying a top 5 goalie 10 million dollars a year, I'm expecting him to start 65 games.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I would be shocked if there wasn't some CBA clause that says players must sign team friendly deals with Tampa.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I just want to say that my Dominic Toninato prediction looks increasingly likely. It will be between Hunt and him I guess for the 4th line wing!

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I really liked both of them. Both tremendous amount of speed. Toninato also got a nice goal last night
I think size and ability to play center might be the differentiator for Toninato...our bottom 6 is pretty small except for Borgstrom and Borgstrom doesn't play big.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Malgin sounds like a Finn when he speaks English...:sarcasm: too bad, he is Swiss, we could need one more of those bizarre Northeners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille