Confirmed with Link: Training Camp Roster & Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Any chance Greco gets called up and gets significant time this year? Like is he first call up?

Seems fairly talented. I don't get why he didn't stick around until at least end of camp.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Any chance Greco gets called up and gets significant time this year? Like is he first call up?

Seems fairly talented. I don't get why he didn't stick around until at least end of camp.

I think he’s the second call up, behind whichever of Malgin/Tippett gets cut.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I don’t see the point of having matheson and Ekblad together.

Matheson could use a stable veteran like stralman.
While having someone like stralman with handle is certainly nice, it doesn’t significantly upgrade yandles play, but it could have a greater impact on matheson (hopefully).
Ekblads play and production will go down having to play with him.

The negatives outweigh the positives.

Keep yandle with ekblad, they’ve played together for some time now. And let matheson hopefully learn something from a vet, someone who may be able to clean up some of his shit

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Don't worry. Matheson/Ekblad wont be together for long if they keep on costing goals. Q wont look at that stuff for long

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I don’t see the point of having matheson and Ekblad together.

Matheson could use a stable veteran like stralman.
While having someone like stralman with handle is certainly nice, it doesn’t significantly upgrade yandles play, but it could have a greater impact on matheson (hopefully).
Ekblads play and production will go down having to play with him.

The negatives outweigh the positives.

Keep yandle with ekblad, they’ve played together for some time now. And let matheson hopefully learn something from a vet, someone who may be able to clean up some of his ****
Here's what we know; Yandle-Ekblad are a mediocre (at best) top pairing. Matheson and Pysyk are terrible together.
Trying anyone other than Yandle on the first pairing is a good idea. There is only upside. If it doesn't work, you can always go back to Yandle-Ekblad, they've played 2 years together, so it's not like they need that much time to stay in synch. I'd even try Weegar on the first, I don't care who, I just want something to improve the 1LD.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
A lot of people saying that Matheson needs a stable partner but hard to get more stable than Ekblad was last year. Matheson’s woes are solely on him he needs to step it up, Potvins theory that dmen need 300 games or what doesn’t seem to be the case anymore a lot of young dmen Are coming in and making an impact. Perhaps they aren’t all fully developed but they are making a positive impact notheless. It’s concerning to see Matheson not even making a positive impact on the team when other dmen around the league are coming in and playing solid hockey.

Reactions: klabob

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Stralman can play top pair

He could for a time, but those minutes would add up and he won't be as effective down the stretch or even hurt.

I think it still makes most sense to pair Yandle and Ekblad for top pair. They've proven to be at least capable enough. Have Math and Strals as second pair, easier minutes for Math, less wear and tear for Stralman.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
He could for a time, but those minutes would add up and he won't be as effective down the stretch or even hurt.

I think it still makes most sense to pair Yandle and Ekblad for top pair. They've proven to be at least capable enough. Have Math and Strals as second pair, easier minutes for Math, less wear and tear for Stralman.
No, any combination of Yandle Ekblad and Matheson has only proven to be the very most polar opposite of capable.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
No, any combination of Yandle Ekblad and Matheson has only proven to be the very most polar opposite of capable.

I would absolutely avoid Ekblad/Matheson as a pairing. Ekblad-Yandle is up and down, but hopefully it can work out this season. It has a better chance than Ekblad/Matheson, that's for sure.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

Not sure it would be less wear and tear. It's pretty much the same minutes if he's playing top 4 since we don't have a clear top pairing that would play 25-30min/game.

I think Strals could do at least as well as anyone else on the team playing that role, injuries aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->