Confirmed with Link: Training Camp Roster & Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Not sure it would be less wear and tear. It's pretty much the same minutes if he's playing top 4 since we don't have a clear top pairing that would play 25-30min/game.

I think Strals could do at least as well as anyone else on the team playing that role, injuries aside.

Maybe... Giving strals 18-20 minutes instead of 23-25mins is a pretty big difference over a season. Depends on how he feels. I remember him saying he's not quite 100% yet.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
No, any combination of Yandle Ekblad and Matheson has only proven to be the very most polar opposite of capable.

Yandle/Ekblad are fine together. It's not my ideal top pair, but it's probably the best we have. It's a better option than Matheson.

But it like we'll be seeing Math/Ek to start the season, so we'll find out soon enough

Reactions: I am not exposed

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
riiight...

Ok... I'm really not sure what your point is to show the one highlight. Are you saying no other d pairs have breakdowns? I have been probably more critical of our defense than most here, but I'm still realistic that mistakes will happen.

Nobody says they are a perfect top pair, but they are probably about average for their role. You have a better suggestion given our current roster? Let's hear it.

Reactions: I am not exposed

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I don't know about other people that have played hockey before, namely defense, but I never once made a mistake, ever.

It's a game of mistakes....usually the team who has less will win. Obviously, it's not as cut and dry as it sounds as there's a lot of variables...but if you can limit errors (especially mental ones), it's a pretty big factor in the outcome of a game.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
It's a game of mistakes....usually the team who has less will win. Obviously, it's not as cut and dry as it sounds as there's a lot of variables...but if you can limit errors (especially mental ones), it's a pretty big factor in the outcome of a game.

I coach two baseball teams, and Echo that statement to them all the time. We've improved so much defensively in my five years coaching.

Therefore, winning majority of our games.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I coach two baseball teams, and Echo that statement to them all the time. We've improved so much defensively in my five years coaching.

Therefore, winning majority of our games.
Yeah, it’s not hard to understand either why this happens. For one, it’s much easier to keep the puck out of the net than to put it in the net. Playing good defense gets you in a position to win more often simply because of that probability.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad