Confirmed with Link: Training Camp Roster & Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
feels like not too long ago he was still in College with Matheson

That's like five years ago. Cosh hasn't exhibited any progress since he begun his pro career and Stillman is already slightly better than him. I'd still keep Cosh after this season but won't be crying if he's traded at some point.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
That's like five years ago. Cosh hasn't exhibited any progress since he begun his pro career and Stillman is already slightly better than him. I'd still keep Cosh after this season but won't be crying if he's traded at some point.

Oh McCoshen is all but done as an nhl'er, that's my point. With two guys already ahead of him (Keeper too?) and guys like Kolyachonok and others coming, his chances are really small considering he's 24.

I don't think he will fetch anything in a trade.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Assuming Greco clears, he's a great depth option to have for injuries.

Also, from what it sounds like, Q's practices should help with us maintaining a high energy game for all 60 minutes. I hope so anyway

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Liked what I saw from Greco, hope he doesn’t get claimed. A nice callup for the bottom6.
Nothing wrong with Tippett starting in the ahl. And hepo is too? Would like to see them as linemates.
Suprised with totinato. Didn’t even know who he was. But if he’s that strong in the faceoff circle and Q likes him then having him as the surprise 4th line center, acciari and Hawryluk on the wings, sceviour as the 13th (doubt that, but I’d prefer Hawryluk over him personally).

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Sad to see Greco not making it... :(

OT is going down too ?

We're gonna regret those two choices
I don’t think we will that bad though. They will be the first call ups if someone isn’t performing. Tippett is close to ready in my opinion but I don’t mind the move.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Sad to see Greco not making it... :(

OT is going down too ?

We're gonna regret those two choices

Not sure how we could regret it...

They'll have their chance to play soon enough and it will be up to them to show what they can in "real" games.

I still don't get how OT is so special for some people around here.

Reactions: Boothinator

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

They'll have their chance to play soon enough and it will be up to them to show what they can in "real" games.

He is a sniper who can score from anywhere. That’s why people are hyped. That is a talent that not many players have.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Kind of surprised to see Greco sent down but maybe they wanted some more size on the 4th line. I've always liked his speed and hustle, I wonder what he has to do to stick in the big leagues. The guy's already 25...

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
He is a sniper who can score from anywhere. That’s why people are hyped. That is a talent that not many players have.

I don't want him with the team if he's only going to score nice goals here and there and then becomes almost invisible the rest of the time.

He needs AHL time to improve his overall game

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I don't want him with the team if he's only going to score nice goals here and there and then becomes almost invisible the rest of the time.

He needs AHL time to improve his overall game
I agree, I'm just saying people are excited for him because of the potential.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

Maybe because Malgin isn't that good ?

And maybe Greco gets picked on waivers... If he clears, I'm fine... But I've been rooting for him for two years, and he never gets his chance ! :(

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Good time to reclaim the reason we went to the playoffs, Mr do it all Logan Shaw.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
was brouwer horrible ? or just not needed
it looks like he has lost a step. doubt they think he is horrible, but they must have reached the conclusion that his benefits are outweighed by his liabilities considering the options they have.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Malgin looked good and was very noticeable with his speed for a period and a bit but Tippett has looked better every game and continues to produce. Don't see how OT hasn't earned a couple games on the 3rd line to start the year.

As for Pysyk, well, do we need him as a 6th/7th while his caphit is preventing some younger, hungrier guys from getting ice time? Retain 900k to a million and get a 3rd + 5th/4th + 4th back.
Stillman definitely has some upside but still think Brown is the better option.

Who you picking to keep/cut?

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Malgin looked good and was very noticeable with his speed for a period and a bit but Tippett has looked better every game and continues to produce. Don't see how OT hasn't earned a couple games on the 3rd line to start the year.

As for Pysyk, well, do we need him as a 6th/7th while his caphit is preventing some younger, hungrier guys from getting ice time? Retain 900k to a million and get a 3rd + 5th/4th + 4th back.
Stillman definitely has some upside but still think Brown is the better option.

Who you picking to keep/cut?

Tippett definitely impressed me today. I don't know who he would replace though, I'm assuming Malgin is a lock considering the looks he's gotten.

Pysyk still is the guy for me, just from experience point of view. Not that I have any problem if they move him but it's hard at this point. Also it's important to have depth- one guy goes down and we'll be missing him.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Hey guys, just Scanning this thread to see what’s going on in Florida. Interesting about Malgin, I thought he might be the odd man out given all the guys that are there now. What are your lines looking like?

TIA!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hey guys, just Scanning this thread to see what’s going on in Florida. Interesting about Malgin, I thought he might be the odd man out given all the guys that are there now. What are your lines looking like?

TIA!

Huberdeau - Barkov - Dadonov
Hoffman - Trocheck - Connolly
Vatrano - Borgstrom - Malgin/Tippett
Hunt/Hawryluk
- Acciari - Sceviour

Malgin has looked better of late but Panther fans question if he is good/consistent enough to play as a middle 6 RW option. Connolly should get 2nd line minutes to start the year. Tippett has looked better for that #3RW spot in my opinion but we shall see what Q decides

Yandle - Ekblad
Matheson - Stralman
Weegar - Pysyk

Brown/Stillman

Bobrovsky
Montembeault

Bolded guys are fighting for one spot.
Although Matheson and Ekblad have been paired in pre-season, they haven't looked good at all together even dating back to last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad