Training Camp (It's over!)

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
But having a Top 5 pick + Strome could be just enough to trade for the 1OV in 2016 should the Coyotes don't win the lottery.

Is that worth it though? The gap between Matthews and the other 3 isn't that big is it?

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
But having a Top 5 pick + Strome could be just enough to trade for the 1OV in 2016 should the Coyotes don't win the lottery.

While Auston Matthews would be an excellent storyline for this fanbase, I don't think that a top 5 pick and Strome for Matthews is a wise hockey trade.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX

Strome has people taking about making the team this year. He's that good. While Matthews would be a great marketing tool, you don't throw away a kid like Strome like that.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
What's with the unleash the howl thing? You download the eye picture and hold it up during the make noise parts of games or something?

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about: http://coyotes.nhl.com/v2/ext/app/howl.html

My guess: when they turn the lights down and you put the eyes on your smartphone, it will look like an arena full of coyote eyes.

Another fantastic promotion from our friends at IceArizona. :sarcasm:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
My guess: when they turn the lights down and you put the eyes on your smartphone, it will look like an arena full of coyote eyes.

Another fantastic promotion from our friends at IceArizona. :sarcasm:

Honestly if we could get the whole arena to do it it could be cool, my worry is the percentage of opposing fans would kill it.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Honestly if we could get the whole arena to do it it could be cool, my worry is the percentage of opposing fans would kill it.

It would never work when the Blackhawks are in the arena because the Hawks fans would put colors on their phones to form the stupid Indian-head logo all over the arena. :sarcasm:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
It would never work when the Blackhawks are in the arena because the Hawks fans would put colors on their phones to form the stupid Indian-head logo all over the arena. :sarcasm:

If they even know what the logo is. Like 90 percent of hawk fans here were red wings fans a decade ago, and are also new seahawks fans.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
If they even know what the logo is. Like 90 percent of hawk fans here were red wings fans a decade ago, and are also new seahawks fans.

I'm sure they have great reasons like:

"My mom lived in Detroit until she was 5 years old so Detroit has a connection to me. My favorite uncle lives in Chicago so it was a natural fit and I became a Blackhawks fan. And Seattle? Oh damn, it isn't obvious already that I am a bandwagon switching ***hole?"

Reminds me of more than one occasion when I have seen the team stickers on the back of cars that have no connect what so ever to each other (besides the teams being champions/winners.) Like a few years ago I saw a car with a Yankees sticker, Dallas Cowboys sticker, and Lakers sticker.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Strome has people taking about making the team this year. He's that good. While Matthews would be a great marketing tool, you don't throw away a kid like Strome like that.

Matthews would be our number one center to start the season if he were on our team right now. Not just being talked about as maybe making the team. He is tearing up a professional league right now. Not the CHL. Not the NCAA. A professional league against men.

Forget him being from AZ. The fact that he is (last I checked) over PPG in a league where Euros who know more than I about the competition he'd be facing were originally saying .5 and higher and they'd be impressed.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
All this hoopla about Martinook or whoever making the team... does he even play in the first game? Remember, it's vs. LA and those games are part of the reason why we signed John Scott.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Matthews would be our number one center to start the season if he were on our team right now. Not just being talked about as maybe making the team. He is tearing up a professional league right now. Not the CHL. Not the NCAA. A professional league against men.

This is the Swiss league we're talking about. It's not exactly a cornucopia of top-level talent.

Trading Strome for Matthews would be unwise, and that's probably as kindly as I can put it.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
This is the Swiss league we're talking about. It's not exactly a cornucopia of top-level talent.

Trading Strome for Matthews would be unwise, and that's probably as kindly as I can put it.

The Swiss league many thought he wouldn't be able to even touch a PPG in.

Are you implying the Swiss league is on the same level as the NCAA or OHL? You know that they have some of the highest level talent on the top lines in Europe, right? What makes the SHL better is the depth. Not to mention there were scouts that thought he could have challenged Eichel LAST year for second overall. The same Eichel that is making seasoned NHLers look silly this preseason.

I'm not sure what you even mean by top-level talent, actually. Top talent relative to what?

If we had a chance to trade Strome for Matthews 1 for 1, GMDM would **** himself. So don't feel like you need to be kind. Put it anyway you like. You're wrong.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I'm sure they have great reasons like:

"My mom lived in Detroit until she was 5 years old so Detroit has a connection to me. My favorite uncle lives in Chicago so it was a natural fit and I became a Blackhawks fan. And Seattle? Oh damn, it isn't obvious already that I am a bandwagon switching ***hole?"

Reminds me of more than one occasion when I have seen the team stickers on the back of cars that have no connect what so ever to each other (besides the teams being champions/winners.) Like a few years ago I saw a car with a Yankees sticker, Dallas Cowboys sticker, and Lakers sticker.
Meh, if I was so spirited my car would have Coyotes, Seattle Sounders, Green Bay Packers, Everton (mid-table England soccer team), and Borussia Dortmund (German soccer team). There are surely others out there who picked up on a diverse bunch of teams based on liking some player who was on the roster.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Meh, if I was so spirited my car would have Coyotes, Seattle Sounders, Green Bay Packers, Everton (mid-table England soccer team), and Borussia Dortmund (German soccer team). There are surely others out there who picked up on a diverse bunch of teams based on liking some player who was on the roster.

The key difference is the teams these guys pick are all championship teams, and within the last few years. It's possible they all have someone they like, but it's doubtful when it's all the recent winners. I wouldnt care too if they weren't so obnoxious about it, but they're the ones who have to prove how hardcore they are by being annoying as hell at games.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
The key difference is the teams these guys pick are all championship teams, and within the last few years. It's possible they all have someone they like, but it's doubtful when it's all the recent winners. I wouldnt care too if they weren't so obnoxious about it, but they're the ones who have to prove how hardcore they are by being annoying as hell at games.

Exactly. I think it's cool to like different teams from different regions but if they are obviously picking just the big winners then I am going to call them out for it.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Exactly. I think it's cool to like different teams from different regions but if they are obviously picking just the big winners then I am going to call them out for it.

As long as they're not annoying about it I don't really care, but I've yet to meet someone who's that bandwagony and isn't. My favorite was back during Detroit's heyday and there was a wings fan who kept screaming about the yotes icing the puck on a PK.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Matthews is widely considered a better prospect than Strome. Matthews versus Eichel is a debate. Strome would unanimously be considered a tier below both.

I'd happily trade Strome for Matthews. Id happily trade our 1st for Marthews. I would NOT trade BOTH for Matthews, however. If that's what this debate is about.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
GLENDALE, ARIZONA – Arizona Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney announced today that the Coyotes have assigned the following two players to the Springfield Falcons, the club’s American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate.

Player-Position-Team-League

Louis Domingue-Goaltender-Springfield-AHL

Matthias Plachta-Left Wing-Springfield-AHL

The Coyotes have also assigned the following player to his junior team.

Player-Position-Team-League

Dylan Strome-Center-Erie-OHL

The Coyotes now have 23 players on the roster prior to star of the 2015-16 season.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Can't say I'm surprised after Friday night's game. Good news is that we shouldn't have any prospect players being scratched too often since we have Chip, Vitale, and Scott available on a rotating basis for the press box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad