Training Camp (It's over!)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Nuts really wanted plachta to make this team.

He should have made the team. Unfortunately Tipchura has a one-way deal and Plachta has a two-way deal. We can't afford to pay both of them NHL salaries. Because we are destitute poor, not only on the ice, but off of the ice as well.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Tipchura. Amazing.

Sniperhf should create a word filter that replaces chipchura with tipchura

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I've actually been calling him Tipchura for a while. Just the first time I posted it. Tip loves guys that play like he did. Lots of try Tipchura.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Yep. Defensively responsible isn't good enough anymore. You have to be able to handle the puck, pass and shoot. Good positioning and hustle are great but if you can't do anything with the puck, you still suck.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan 3h3 hours ago
Maloney also said team is actively looking for ways to improve via trade market and waiver wire.

Don't get too comfortable youngins!

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Trade for Vrbata and Rozsival, bring Whitney and Aucoin out of retirement, and get Rusty Klesla back from the Czech league. What could go wrong? :laugh:

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
That's what we thought this year, and it turned into a disappointment.

Huge disappointment.

To me, Domi/Duclair didn't earn their way onto the team like how I hoped. They were pretty much handed roster spots from our GM by giving them no competition. This is going to be a long year.

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
To me, Domi/Duclair didn't earn their way onto the team like how I hoped. They were pretty much handed roster spots from our GM by giving them no competition.

More or less but it's not like the vets or others like Lessio/Plachta/Szwarz really outplayed them either. At least there's some room for growth here.

I was poking around HF and saw the "Preseason standings" thread. Coyotes Dead Last in just about every category. Fake preseason points, Goals for, goal differential. Nobody was really all that good except Smith who didn't play much and had 1 good game against Vancouver, another team with offense issues.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Huge disappointment.

To me, Domi/Duclair didn't earn their way onto the team like how I hoped. They were pretty much handed roster spots from our GM by giving them no competition. This is going to be a long year.

We had 4(?) goals in 6(?) preseason games? Nobody earned a spot on the team.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Is there any advantage to having Domi and Duclair play in the AHL this year given the tire fire this year is sure to be?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Huge disappointment.

Exactly right. I thought for sure they would have shown more, but again, I don't put much stock into preseason.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Is there any advantage to having Domi and Duclair play in the AHL this year given the tire fire this year is sure to be?

Yes, if they are getting way more minutes in the AHL. Forcing them to play through a disastrous season if they are not ready could hurt their development. I saw plenty of mistakes by both of them in the last preseason game, so it is not like we are hearing how great they did a camp. The reality is that we have plenty of players that would not make it on other NHL rosters but Domi/Duclair might be BPA at the moment. I can see some healthy scratches/time in the AHL, but for the most part I expect them to be Coyote regulars.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Huge disappointment.

Handed spots? They were better than HSam, Plachta, Martinook, Shinnimin, Lessio, Strome, Dvorak and the veteran PTO's. What do you want?
We had 4(?) goals in 6(?) preseason games? Nobody earned a spot on the team.
Agreed, but the NHL is going to require us to have 20 players in the lineup and we don't have contractual rights to 19 players who are better than Max and Tony, so we might as well roll with them.
So that they can skate with Brandon Shinnimin and Matthias Plachta instead of Antoine Vermette and Mikkel Boedker? What on earth are they going to learn in Springfield. Last January, they both proved they were among the 10 best forwards not in the NHL. Time to prove more than that.

Seriously don't understand the pessimism around here. Pissed last year that Max wasn't on the team, now pissed that he is? What are we saying?

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Handed spots? They were better than HSam, Plachta, Martinook, Shinnimin, Lessio, Strome, Dvorak and the veteran PTO's. What do you want?Agreed, but the NHL is going to require us to have 20 players in the lineup and we don't have contractual rights to 19 players who are better than Max and Tony, so we might as well roll with them.So that they can skate with Brandon Shinnimin and Matthias Plachta instead of Antoine Vermette and Mikkel Boedker? What on earth are they going to learn in Springfield. Last January, they both proved they were among the 10 best forwards not in the NHL. Time to prove more than that.

Seriously don't understand the pessimism around here. Pissed last year that Max wasn't on the team, now pissed that he is? What are we saying?

I'm with you on this man. It's almost like the posters around here are pissed because they know we are going to suck, but when the youth is ready and needs to start putting in NHL time, suck or not you have to play them. It usually takes a player a few years after entering to start really doing anything and Domi/Duclair just have the unfortunate situation where we won't be good so they could look worse.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He should have made the team. Unfortunately Tipchura has a one-way deal and Plachta has a two-way deal. We can't afford to pay both of them NHL salaries. Because we are destitute poor, not only on the ice, but off of the ice as well.

I don't mind him starting in the AHL getting use to the NA style of game, but he is very close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad