Training camp chat

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I think the send down/callup is strategic. Send down early, less likely to get claimed, and once they clear they can go up and back at will for 30 days I believe... some of those guys may still be playing for a roster spot in Nashville but now they are safe...

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I think the send down/callup is strategic. Send down early, less likely to get claimed, and once they clear they can go up and back at will for 30 days I believe... some of those guys may still be playing for a roster spot in Nashville but now they are safe...

Reactions: Adz

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I don't see anything in Carr yet that warrants any TOI for a talented roster.

Tolvanen played a really strong game in his own end tonight; he kinda surprised me a few times. Offensively there was nothing about our entire team that looked impressive. I'd count it as a throw away game. Fabbro looked like the best defenseman and got to skate against Aho a decent amount

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

oOwlCat

FL > TN
Jun 24, 2010
Nashville, TN
So I just moved to Nashville and started seriously following the preds. What's your guys projection for tolvanen? Will he crack the top 6 in the next couple of years?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
So I just moved to Nashville and started seriously following the preds. What's your guys projection for tolvanen? Will he crack the top 6 in the next couple of years?

Hopes are he's gonna have a great year in the AHL and get a few call-ups when he can showcase his development.

Next summer, we have Smith, Granlund & Watson up, plus Josi's extension kicking in so there's going to be some changes. Bonino's probably going to be traded as well. So next season it's Tolvanen's time.

Reactions: oOwlCat

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

I think he's got a pretty good chance next year if he continues to develop. We have Smith and Granlund in the top 6 area that are UFA at the end of the year and with Josi possibly getting a huge extension i don't think we'll be able to financially keep them both. That'll be Tolvanen's big chance to step in and claim his spot

Reactions: oOwlCat

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Well Laviolette said”we’re banged up a bit....nothing too major” as one indication of why they did the big callup. Just wondering if anyone has an idea of who is “banged up a bit”. It was said that Forsberg was being held out of the 1st Carolina game after taking a maintenance day last Sunday. Also haven’t noticed Webber lately. Anyone have any ideas?

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Really don't need to have Forsberg hurt to start the season, although that could give Tolvanen the chance to stay up and show what hes got..

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Well Laviolette said”we’re banged up a bit....nothing too major” as one indication of why they did the big callup. Just wondering if anyone has an idea of who is “banged up a bit”. It was said that Forsberg was being held out of the 1st Carolina game after taking a maintenance day last Sunday. Also haven’t noticed Webber lately. Anyone have any ideas?

Forsberg and Sissons for certain. Both have been limited in practice. I would also assume Weber like you mentioned.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Maybe someone can help, but I read an article recently that was linked via Twitter account. It had projections and likelihood of success for prospects. Tolvanen was basically a lock to be a full time NHLer. I didn't have time to go through it in depth, but I can't find the article now. Any thoughts?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Maybe someone can help, but I read an article recently that was linked via Twitter account. It had projections and likelihood of success for prospects. Tolvanen was basically a lock to be a full time NHLer. I didn't have time to go through it in depth, but I can't find the article now. Any thoughts?

I would think he definitely has the potential to be a full time NHL player. The problem will be if he cant produce at expected top 6 level can he reinvent himself as a 3rd liner? I'm not certain of that.

Reactions: NNCbama

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I wish the Preds would just go to three scoring lines like the rest of the league has been trending towards. Especially with our newly improved prospect pool coming along.

Even if we let everyone questionable walk (Turris, Granlund, Smith), there's still only two top-6 sposlys open with Johansen, Duchene, Forsberg, Arvidsson. So if no one else develops other than Tolvanen, Tomasino and Afanasyev, you're asking a skilled player to skate in a more defensive role.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I wish the Preds would just go to three scoring lines like the rest of the league has been trending towards. Especially with our newly improved prospect pool coming along.

Even if we let everyone questionable walk (Turris, Granlund, Smith), there's still only two top-6 sposlys open with Johansen, Duchene, Forsberg, Arvidsson. So if no one else develops other than Tolvanen, Tomasino and Afanasyev, you're asking a skilled player to skate in a more defensive role.
You think Grimaldi-Sissons-Smith is a typical 3 rd line?

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad